Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 01:53 PM

461 posts, read 985,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Wow! The Calabash is half the price of Fatz! And you get two sides, but I see so many favs I will get two sides plus two sides! Thanks I need to get over there and try it.
Make sure to try the BBQ too, and make onion rings an extra side order. You get more that way.
I love this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 10:06 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
Make sure to try the BBQ too, and make onion rings an extra side order. You get more that way.
I love this place.
Thank you so much! I also saw Calabash Shrimp in my search, have you ever had that?

Old 05-20-2020, 06:19 PM

461 posts, read 985,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Thank you so much! I also saw Calabash Shrimp in my search, have you ever had that?
I never noticed it, I will have to try that next time.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:55 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,466 times
I’m hearing the Ruby Tuesday and Wendy’s, both at Cherrydale, have permanently closed.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:46 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
I’m hearing the Ruby Tuesday and Wendy’s, both at Cherrydale, have permanently closed.
I'll be surprised if the Simpsonville Ruby Tuesday makes it through this. They were never busy even before this all started.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:00 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Sure that Wendy's is not closed for a remodel? I previously heard after Berea and the new TR store that Cherrydale was next for a remodel. It was due one. Looked very dated inside compared to the closest others. Was just there a few weeks ago and drive thru was very busy.

Last edited by vistatiger; 05-21-2020 at 07:16 AM..

Old 05-21-2020, 09:14 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'll be surprised if the Simpsonville Ruby Tuesday makes it through this. They were never busy even before this all started.
There have been 3 or 4 cars there, the same cars, the last few times Ive been by there. Im surprised its been open as long as it has as well. RTs has never been my favorite place to eat, but this one has by far been the worst one Ive ever been to.

Old 05-22-2020, 10:54 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
I saw a post that Joes Crab Shack has closed. Only two Myrtle Beach locations are listed on the website now for SC. Would not be surprising since numerous "Cajun" crab places have popped up over town.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:20 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I saw a post that Joes Crab Shack has closed. Only two Myrtle Beach locations are listed on the website now for SC. Would not be surprising since numerous "Cajun" crab places have popped up over town.

Looks like a single MB location, just named "Myrtle Beach #2"

And their facebook page notes permanently closed. So, yeah.. I'd say they're done.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:42 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Cherrydale should be a good location for a popular casual dining restaurant such as Ruby Tuesday unless quality and service has declined so dramatically and exacerbated by the COVID-19 crisis. Apparently Ruby Tuesday has been struggling in recent years, which I am sad to see as they once had excellent food and an outstanding salad bar. I don't know why it seems all the restaurants I like are the ones that have been declining, such as Shoney's, Big Boy, Ryan's, Western Sizzlin, Quincy's, Steak and Shake, Applebee's, and now Ruby Tuesday. And ironically the Atlanta based investment firm that bought and revitalized Frisch's Big Boy also now operates Ruby Tuesday, which was originally owned by Morrison's Cafeteria. And I still enjoy a good cafeteria such as K&W, but they are not as popular as they once were except for senior citizens. Have not been to S&S recently but K&W was still good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area