Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2020, 07:55 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,213,113 times

Advertisements

Max and Ermas was great for kids and they LOVED the free self serve Sunday bar.

Hungry Fisherman was fun, but when my 31 yo daughter was a toddler over on that island, we were charged by a big male swan.I tripped and fell backwards and had to fight the thing off with kicks while holding the toddler!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2020, 09:03 PM

723 posts, read 1,150,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easymacbb View Post
Macaroni Grill is closed for good
I went there with friends a little over a month ago and found it nearly deserted, leading me to wonder how much longer it would last. Now I know.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:30 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,766,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
I went there with friends a little over a month ago and found it nearly deserted, leading me to wonder how much longer it would last. Now I know.
Any idea why this happened - just competing with too many other new restaurants? The concept and location seem feasible, and Yelp doesn't show a consistent drop in quality/service.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:16 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
The virus is nobody's fault, this is not 2008. Small business will be helped out just like the airlines and cruise ships im pretty sure. Aid for businesses were announced last night in the stimulus. No, everyone won't survive, but they probably wouldn't have before the virus.

You have to keep in mind that if stores can't pay rent and leases, then the shopping centers and landowners can't make any money and pay their fees either. It affects everybody. Have a little optimism, let April pass.
If you read my posts on COVID, I've been optimistic. Also pragmatic. We are going to see 15-20% of restaurants and small businesses go under due to this overreaction. Maybe some of them deserve to close due to being on life support prior to COVID.

If we are lucky, some places will start re-opening in May. People may be still hesitant to sit in a restaurant full of people for a while after that.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:44 AM

Remember when Macaroni Grill had great bartenders, huge vases of fresh cut lillies and opra performances?

Old 03-30-2020, 01:51 PM

826 posts, read 1,127,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Any idea why this happened - just competing with too many other new restaurants? The concept and location seem feasible, and Yelp doesn't show a consistent drop in quality/service.

Probably a mix of factors but overall I think the demographic and price point they were targeting in this area has shifted a lot more towards preferring local restaurants. In larger metros I think they were getting it twofold from local places as well places like Magganios.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:35 AM

285 posts, read 457,770 times
Iras Chicken in Greer closed.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:10 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,872,975 times
Can anyone tell me what Chinese places are open aside from the overpriced chains? I had promised my son Chinese last night and every time I called a place the phone was disconnected. It's a good thing my freezer is (or was) full of Indian dinners and other items that i could just microwave for dinner!

Old 04-08-2020, 09:56 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,761,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Can anyone tell me what Chinese places are open aside from the overpriced chains? I had promised my son Chinese last night and every time I called a place the phone was disconnected. It's a good thing my freezer is (or was) full of Indian dinners and other items that i could just microwave for dinner!
Yellow Ginger is not your typical Chinese Restaurant, but if you like Asian cuisine, it’s the best in town. We eat there every week. They are open for take out. Phone number is 605-7551.
Yellow Ginger Asian Kitchen - Home

Old 04-08-2020, 09:58 AM

A big thumbs up for Yellow Ginger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area