Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2023, 08:15 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Just noticed a few things today.. I needed to stop at a Walmart, so stopped in Simpsonville on my way home..

1) Five Guys is closed. Looks like for a remodel or something?

2) The Outback.. Is gonna be tiny. I mean.. It looks like good luck getting a table in there on a weekend.
Quite frankly, Ive never understood how Five Guys stays open, but I havent heard anything about them closing, and I mentioned before how small that Outback looked. I doubt Ill ever go in there, just not my favorite steakhouse, and honestly I think its expensive for what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 08:20 AM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I found this which explains why. They have introduced a smaller prototype with front and back enhancements for growth in fill-in markets in Texas, Florida and other southern states. Guess less overhead is the biggest benefit.

https://www.nrn.com/casual-dining/ou...es-unit-growth

That's from two years ago.. I'd guess it's out of 'prototype' now.

I know the one in Greenville, half the dining room has often been closed because they didn't have the help to run it.

IDK.. It just looks like people will be stacked on top of each other at this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Quite frankly, Ive never understood how Five Guys stays open, but I havent heard anything about them closing, and I mentioned before how small that Outback looked. I doubt Ill ever go in there, just not my favorite steakhouse, and honestly I think its expensive for what you get.

Five Guys has good food.. It's just.. Expensive and unhealthy as hell. Certainly not an every day place to eat at.

Outback.. I mean, flip a coin between it and say Longhorn.. Both have their good and their bad. I enjoy Outback when I go there, and I enjoy Longhorn.

I have NOT been impressed with Texas Roadhouse up on Wade Hampton.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
That's from two years ago.. I'd guess it's out of 'prototype' now.

I know the one in Greenville, half the dining room has often been closed because they didn't have the help to run it.

IDK.. It just looks like people will be stacked on top of each other at this place.

Five Guys has good food.. It's just.. Expensive and unhealthy as hell. Certainly not an every day place to eat at.

Outback.. I mean, flip a coin between it and say Longhorn.. Both have their good and their bad. I enjoy Outback when I go there, and I enjoy Longhorn.

I have NOT been impressed with Texas Roadhouse up on Wade Hampton.

Go to the one in Spartanburg. You wont be disappointed, other than the wait times if you dont use the app or get in line via the website. Ive "rediscovered" Logans and I frequesnt there more than TR or Longhorn now. Havent been to Outback in a few years........

Old 05-24-2023, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Go to the one in Spartanburg. You wont be disappointed, other than the wait times if you dont use the app or get in line via the website. Ive "rediscovered" Logans and I frequesnt there more than TR or Longhorn now. Havent been to Outback in a few years........

There's plenty of good steakhouses in Greenville to choose from without going to Spartanburg for a chain restaurant.

City Range, Saskatoon, hell.. Even that King Tut's in Simpsonville is actually quite good, though.. I think it's a bit too expensive, but, it's good.. Arizona.. I'm.. not a fan of. Expensive and middling quality. I mean, not bad, just not great, either. Peddler.. I've never been, but.. I hear people love it.

Don't get me wrong, not knocking what you said or anything.. But.. No. lol. TR is a chain and.. No sense to drive to go to a different one that is 'better' than the crappy one we have here.

Of course.. let's all be honest.. Breaking out the grill on the back porch is probably the BEST option, all told.

FWIW.. Apparently that place in Laurens we talked about a while back has opened. It's now called "Rootimentary".. They have a freaking $16 cocktail on the menu and a $125 Tomahawk steak.

https://rootimentary.co/

I honestly cannot see that place lasting in Laurens. I just don't think there's enough people in Laurens they can pull in. I think they'd do fine in Greenville or Simpsonville, but pulling people into Laurens just to eat.. Wish them the best, but..

Old 05-24-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
There's plenty of good steakhouses in Greenville to choose from without going to Spartanburg for a chain restaurant.

City Range, Saskatoon, hell.. Even that King Tut's in Simpsonville is actually quite good, though.. I think it's a bit too expensive, but, it's good.. Arizona.. I'm.. not a fan of. Expensive and middling quality. I mean, not bad, just not great, either. Peddler.. I've never been, but.. I hear people love it.

Don't get me wrong, not knocking what you said or anything.. But.. No. lol. TR is a chain and.. No sense to drive to go to a different one that is 'better' than the crappy one we have here.

Of course.. let's all be honest.. Breaking out the grill on the back porch is probably the BEST option, all told.

FWIW.. Apparently that place in Laurens we talked about a while back has opened. It's now called "Rootimentary".. They have a freaking $16 cocktail on the menu and a $125 Tomahawk steak.

I honestly cannot see that place lasting in Laurens. I just don't think there's enough people in Laurens they can pull in. I think they'd do fine in Greenville or Simpsonville, but pulling people into Laurens just to eat.. Wish them the best, but..
Our problem with going into some places Greenville is parking. I cant get around good anymore and walking, or waiting in line/standing is very hard for me for more than a few minutes. I liked King Tuts, but as you mentioned its pricey. Wife likes arizona, me not a big fan either. The Peddler is prety good, but Ive only been a time or 2.

Rootimentary will not be in business long. Some of the things I heard, Im like Damn! Ill for sure not go in to pay 50 cents for the use of a salk shaker..................

Oh, the new seafood place, nope! Pretty pathetic IMO.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Our problem with going into some places Greenville is parking. I cant get around good anymore and walking, or waiting in line/standing is very hard for me for more than a few minutes. I liked King Tuts, but as you mentioned its pricey. Wife likes arizona, me not a big fan either. The Peddler is prety good, but Ive only been a time or 2.

Rootimentary will not be in business long. Some of the things I heard, Im like Damn! Ill for sure not go in to pay 50 cents for the use of a salk shaker..................

Oh, the new seafood place, nope! Pretty pathetic IMO.

Ok.. Need a better explanation on that one, lol.. I was thinking about taking the nephew out there while he's down next month.. Let him get the Tomahawk as a birthday present.. But, if you've got some info that I should know.. Please share.

Seafood place? Not sure I know what we're talking about there.. You don't mean Boondocks, do you? I went out there and.. While it wasn't something that would knock your socks off or anything.. I thought it was on par with Blue Ocean and that type of place.

Old 05-24-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Ok.. Need a better explanation on that one, lol.. I was thinking about taking the nephew out there while he's down next month.. Let him get the Tomahawk as a birthday present.. But, if you've got some info that I should know.. Please share.

Seafood place? Not sure I know what we're talking about there.. You don't mean Boondocks, do you? I went out there and.. While it wasn't something that would knock your socks off or anything.. I thought it was on par with Blue Ocean and that type of place.
I was told that they charge for every little thing. That $125 for the steak, is just the steak, nothing else, no side or anything. Couple that I know who wen there told ne it cost them over $200 for just them adding all the extra costs in.

When I went to Boondocks, well, maybe we didnt get a full menu or something, but the choices were slim, and only had tea or water to drink and whoever made the tea must have been a yankee! I would have been happier going to Blue Ocean.

Old 05-25-2023, 07:42 AM

428 posts, read 362,264 times
Quote:

Amen!!!

Old 05-30-2023, 07:24 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,762,692 times
This is the last week for Brewery 85, according to their Facebook page.

Old 06-02-2023, 07:45 PM

127 posts, read 100,462 times
Mancave Store at Haywood was gone as of my visit yesterday. Looks like the space is being renovated already for something new though. Victoria's Secret and Pink are closed temporarily for renovations, and it looks like they're not expected to reopen until the fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area