Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2023, 02:21 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I noticed, when was it, last Friday I think, Woodruff had several cars with a Greenlight sticker on the back. Didnt think much of it sine dealers swap vehicles a good bit between each other.

I've asked around a few other places.. Someone said they've been closed for months.. Possible. Though, I had them do a warranty thermostat back in January.. So.. "Months" may be technically accurate, but makes it sound worse.

Someone else said Chevy shut them down.. I know Greenlight was based out of florida and had other dealerships there. So that seems .. I dunno. Maybe.

But.. People are apparently being told they'll reopen in a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 06:29 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Tuesday Morning latest retailer to bite the dust and shutter all stores.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...e/70176554007/

Old 05-03-2023, 07:15 AM

428 posts, read 362,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post

My grandmother loved that store and Big Lots. We joked when she died they should have put up a memorial plaque at the North Pleasantburg Big Lots.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:41 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,887,642 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
My grandmother loved that store and Big Lots. We joked when she died they should have put up a memorial plaque at the North Pleasantburg Big Lots.
As crazy as this is going to sound, until this was annouced the other day, I had never heard of it.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:49 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
As crazy as this is going to sound, until this was annouced the other day, I had never heard of it.
Not surprised. IMO Tuesday Morning's location was not that visible in Greenville and not in a very prominent shopping center. It was tucked at the back of that old Bi-Lo (former A&P Sav-a-center) shopping center at Howell and E. North St. Kind of out of sight- out of mind. In the past they carried a lot of closeout items from high end mail order, catalogue and online companies but in recent years their stuff looked the same as what you find at TJMaxx or Ross minus clothing. Really not much reason to go there over the TJX company stores like TJ and Homegoods.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Not surprised. IMO Tuesday Morning's location was not that visible in Greenville and not in a very prominent shopping center. It was tucked at the back of that old Bi-Lo (former A&P Sav-a-center) shopping center at Howell and E. North St. Kind of out of sight- out of mind. In the past they carried a lot of closeout items from high end mail order, catalogue and online companies but in recent years their stuff looked the same as what you find at TJMaxx or Ross minus clothing. Really not much reason to go there over the TJX company stores like TJ and Homegoods.

I remember seeing them in NoVA when I lived there. That's the only reason I've heard of them.

But.. I thought they were more a crafting type place.. You didn't buy clothes there, but the fabrics and patterns and the like..

Old 05-03-2023, 09:51 PM

423 posts, read 899,261 times
They didn’t sell fabric and patterns. The bulk of the items were close-out home goods—linens, rugs, housewares, decorative items, bath accessories, a limited number of kids’ toys, misc gift items, etc.

Old 05-04-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
They didn’t sell fabric and patterns. The bulk of the items were close-out home goods—linens, rugs, housewares, decorative items, bath accessories, a limited number of kids’ toys, misc gift items, etc.

I'd say having your name have nothing to do (at least to the normal person) with your business.. Probably is a sign that your business may have problems.

PROBABLY.. There is meaning to the name that... Doesn't exist anymore? Was Tuesday Morning the day that things traditionally went on sale back in the day or something?

Old 05-04-2023, 10:03 PM

423 posts, read 899,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'd say having your name have nothing to do (at least to the normal person) with your business.. Probably is a sign that your business may have problems.

PROBABLY.. There is meaning to the name that... Doesn't exist anymore? Was Tuesday Morning the day that things traditionally went on sale back in the day or something?
Originally they were not open like a regular store. They would get shipments of name-brand closeouts and would advertise ahead of time for several weeks what name brands would be available to build the momentum. People would line up outside before the store opened to be able to buy the advertised items. It was usually about one Tuesday a month in the morning, from what I remember. That’s where the name originated.This was before the days of online shopping and there were not a lot of places to get nice home decor at discount prices. The business model was not sustainable, so they started opening more days. When they would get special items for sale they would cover them up under a tarp and not sell them until a specific day and would advertise when they would be available. Eventually they stopped having the special sales and got very few nice items. Most people have not been around long enough to remember why the store is named Tuesday Morning and there’s just too much competition from Amazon for people to make a special trip to shop at Tuesday Morning.

Old 05-05-2023, 09:31 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Christmas Tree Stores Inc may be filing for bankruptcy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area