Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2020, 08:14 AM

461 posts, read 985,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
J. Britt, Cocobella, and Funnelicious have all closed downtown.

Funnelicious said weeks ago they were closed until further notice due to COVID. I hope that's all, that place is awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 08:19 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
Funnelicious said weeks ago they were closed until further notice due to COVID. I hope that's all, that place is awesome.
I wonder how Gather GVL is doing. Rotten luck for any business that opened just before this happened.

Saw where Barley's Taproom shut due to CV+ employee.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:49 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
A lot of their business is probably the breakfast and lunch crowd from work. With a lot of people working from home I bet their business has taken a huge hit. Would be a smart time to do a remodel if it is needed.

Most Bojangles that I have seen are still running Drive thru only. Simpsonville (beside the QT) was as of last week.

But.. Here's the other thing.. Right now, we don't know if closures are permanent or not.. It wouldn't surprise me for a restaurant to close due to a positive employee and not tell people publically.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:10 PM

207 posts, read 216,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Maybe it's getting a remodel? It has aged compared to the other local newer ones.

Surprising since the Hardee's closed nearby. Would think they would be killing it with the biscuit biz now.

Originally a Miami Subs building. Can't remember if that was razed and rebuilt. Either way bet it doesn't sit empty long.

Definitely closed for good. They were clearing the building out today, and looked to be painting the building to remove any of the orange Bojangles remnants. Seems like they did that to the one on Woodruff @ 385, too.

That store had been poorly run for quite a while.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:36 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
There’s a for lease sign on the building so it’s definitely for good.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:32 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Flour Haven on St. Marks and 290 is closing as of June 20th per sign outside.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:34 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HailVictory View Post
Bojangles on Pelham at I-85 (ish) has just closed. Too bad, I liked those cajun filet biscuits.
I am sorry to see this Bojangle's close down. And I was also disappointed when the Hardee's and Jack in the Box closed. But I was told the main reason was extreme high rent in this area, rather than underperforming sales. I think the Hardee's lease on that property ran out, and they did not renew due to the higher increasing rent. And the Jack in the Box franchise operator closed most locations that had high rent in spite of strong sales at Milestone Plaza. It could be a similar situation for that Bojangle's, but perhaps they will relocate nearby.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:40 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
And I was also a bit surprised Food Lion did not choose to acquire the BI-LO at Milestone Plaza. It would seem a prime location for a supermarket, with the neighborhoods and apartments nearby. But perhaps again it may have been the high rent issue. But it would also be a good choice for Harris Teeter or Publix, and then there is the undecided or unconfirmed possibility of Lowe's Foods that may or may not be back on again.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
And I was also a bit surprised Food Lion did not choose to acquire the BI-LO at Milestone Plaza. It would seem a prime location for a supermarket, with the neighborhoods and apartments nearby. But perhaps again it may have been the high rent issue. But it would also be a good choice for Harris Teeter or Publix, and then there is the undecided or unconfirmed possibility of Lowe's Foods that may or may not be back on again.

Very close to Publix on The Parkway.
I wonder if Food Lion is still working on some of the leases. Surprising they didn't take Mauldin and TR as well. Those two would be great Aldi locations.

Old 06-18-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am sorry to see this Bojangle's close down. And I was also disappointed when the Hardee's and Jack in the Box closed. But I was told the main reason was extreme high rent in this area, rather than underperforming sales. I think the Hardee's lease on that property ran out, and they did not renew due to the higher increasing rent. And the Jack in the Box franchise operator closed most locations that had high rent in spite of strong sales at Milestone Plaza. It could be a similar situation for that Bojangle's, but perhaps they will relocate nearby.
Funny they seem to always blame it on the rent. It must have not been too expensive for Taco Bell who replaced them. That Jack was well run though at least that was my experience when I worked in that vicinity. The vacant Bo's great place for a Cookout!

Last edited by vistatiger; 06-18-2020 at 02:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area