Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 08:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
Backyard Burgers is closed on Sunday. That's probably what caused the confusion. They used to be open 7 days, but a couple of years ago they started closing on Sunday.
It would be nice if they reopen on Sunday; however, being closed does allow Fuddrucker's or Five Guys Burgers & Fries to gain business.

McGrath, Maggie. "Family Dollar closing 370 stores and lowering prices after revenue falls 6%." Forbes. 2014-04-10. Forbes. 2014-04-10. <http://www.forbes.com/sites/maggiemcgrath/2014/04/10/family-dollar-closing-370-stores-and-lowering-prices-after-revenue-falls-6/>

Family Dollar has been busy opening new and replacement stores in the Greenville area and elsewhere. I wonder which Greenville area locations, if any, are closing.

Last edited by Carolina Knight; 04-10-2014 at 09:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 08:57 PM

27 posts, read 34,584 times
Bring back j.jr's!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:31 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Family Dollar has been busy opening new and replacement stores in the Greenville area and elsewhere. I wonder which Greenville area locations, if any, are closing.
I noticed one in Laurens driving by it this afternoon.. I would assume it would close (Across the street from McDonalds in Laurens if anyone is familiar with the area) because it's in a really old and crappy strip mall.. BUT.. It's only 'competition' is a Rite Aid/CVS/some-drug-store that is on the corner.

I keep waiting for the Dollar General pullback.. They've expanded so far, so fast.. Figure there's gotta be a rubber band effect waiting somewhere for them.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I noticed one in Laurens driving by it this afternoon.. I would assume it would close (Across the street from McDonalds in Laurens if anyone is familiar with the area) because it's in a really old and crappy strip mall.. BUT.. It's only 'competition' is a Rite Aid/CVS/some-drug-store that is on the corner.

I keep waiting for the Dollar General pullback.. They've expanded so far, so fast.. Figure there's gotta be a rubber band effect waiting somewhere for them.
The dollar store industry is overcrowded. Your major players are Dollar General, Dollar Tree and Family Dollar.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Coldwater Creek closing all stores including the one at Haywood Mall: GSA Business | Greenville, SC | Spartanburg, SC | Anderson, SC

Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Coldwater Creek closing all stores including the one at Haywood Mall: GSA Business | Greenville, SC | Spartanburg, SC | Anderson, SC
How long to Haywood rearranges stores to accommodate H&M as a junior anchor? Every other regional mall is getting one. They will need practically one side of a whole wing to accommodate them or an add on square footage to one of the mall entrances. Maybe they can wrestle some more space from Sears like they did with Forever21.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:35 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The dollar store industry is overcrowded. Your major players are Dollar General, Dollar Tree and Family Dollar.
I wonder if Family Dollar is tidying themselves up for a sale. There have seen some rumors and talk that would be a good acquisition for Walmart to expand their WalmartExpress format quickly.

Dollar General stores seem so junky and trash all over the parking lot.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
How long to Haywood rearranges stores to accommodate H&M as a junior anchor? Every other regional mall is getting one. They will need practically one side of a whole wing to accommodate them or an add on square footage to one of the mall entrances. Maybe they can wrestle some more space from Sears like they did with Forever21.
I would prefer mall space be used to full capacity to accommodate specialty tenants without using space from major anchors. I think fewer stores that are of quality are better than many that are fly by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I wonder if Family Dollar is tidying themselves up for a sale. There have seen some rumors and talk that would be a good acquisition for Walmart to expand their Walmart Express format quickly.

Dollar General stores seem so junky and trash all over the parking lot.
Walmart Express stores are basically drug stores and dollar stores into one format. I know one is in existence in Statesville, North Carolina.

I would like to see dollar stores in general improve themselves in service and quality aspects. Neatness, accessibility and layout are important.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:03 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,597,269 times
Godiva Chocolate is close down at the Haywood Mall

Old 05-07-2014, 07:24 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Noticed that the growwler station off Wade Hampton/Stone Ave. is gone now. Used to see food trucks in that lot a good bit. Forget the name of the place but it was there for a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area