Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 03:09 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I wonder if the Greenville location's closing is isolated, or if additional locations in other states have closed.

Mimi's Cafe was once owned by Bob Evans Restaurants, which experienced financial difficulty nearly a decade ago.
The one in Omaha closed recently also. The whole chain is doing terrible from what I hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 03:10 PM

So much bad news? Where? We seem to be doing pretty well right now. We're hiring like mad at ZF. BMW is doing the same. Home sales are great and the unemployment level is low also. At the least the employees of Sealed Air are being relocated instead of laid off.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:11 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Aren't some of their Greenville offices currently in Patewood?

Old 07-23-2014, 06:49 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Ouch! Ouch!
Sealed Air / Cryovac has been a large employer in the area for YEARS. They have multiple facilities in the area including one near Simpsonville. Serious blow.
Simpsonville facility will be unaffected. At least for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
So much bad news? Where? We seem to be doing pretty well right now. We're hiring like mad at ZF. BMW is doing the same. Home sales are great and the unemployment level is low also. At the least the employees of Sealed Air are being relocated instead of laid off.
Any time that you have ~700 jobs leaving the state, it's bad news. Whether it can be absorbed, whether the people are relocating.. Does not really matter. That's 700 jobs that aren't here anymore. 700 taxpayers that will be sending money to the NC coffers vs SC.. Or, maybe it drives unemployment up .1 percent.. That's still .1 percent.

obviously, things could be much worse, and likely are for one of the people who had to choose between a relocation, early retirement or unemployment.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:06 AM

Jack in the Box on Pelham Road is closing.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:53 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
I'd say close all of them. I went into the one on Pleasantburg to grab a quick breakfast 6 months ago or so.. They have no business being open for breakfast. The gold standards for breakfast here are Hardee's and Bojangles... If you can't get close to that, don't bother.

Hardee's.. back when I was subcontracting for them.. They'd actually send us notices to be in the parking lot of a unit at 10:30am.. That's how we'd know they were closing it. They'd get that one last breakfast in, then go in and close the store down.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:29 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Jack in the Box #6411, Milestone Plaza, 3709 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC 29615-5010

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'd say close all of them. I went into the one on Pleasantburg to grab a quick breakfast 6 months ago or so.. They have no business being open for breakfast. The gold standards for breakfast here are Hardee's and Bojangles... If you can't get close to that, don't bother.

Hardee's.. back when I was subcontracting for them.. They'd actually send us notices to be in the parking lot of a unit at 10:30am.. That's how we'd know they were closing it. They'd get that one last breakfast in, then go in and close the store down.
I hate to hear Jack in the Box #6411 closing. I thought it had been doing very well. I do not mind having the delicious Ultimate Cheeseburger for breakfast.

I am surprised Hardee's and Burger King remain open. Burger King has been closing locations steadily recently in Spartanburg County and in Columbus, North Carolina. Hardee's has benefited from the addition of Red Burrito.

Pelham Road is in dire need of a Cook-Out now.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:14 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I hate to hear Jack in the Box #6411 closing. I thought it had been doing very well. I do not mind having the delicious Ultimate Cheeseburger for breakfast.

I am surprised Hardee's and Burger King remain open. Burger King has been closing locations steadily recently in Spartanburg County and in Columbus, North Carolina. Hardee's has benefited from the addition of Red Burrito.

Pelham Road is in dire need of a Cook-Out now.
Maybe Wendy's will renovate and reopen there? The new stores are pretty nice. Can't imagine it would stay empty for long... that stretch always has a ton of business for the lunch crowd.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:22 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Jack in the Box #6411, Milestone Plaza, 3709 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC 29615-5010

Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Maybe Wendy's will renovate and reopen there? The new stores are pretty nice. Can't imagine it would stay empty for long... that stretch always has a ton of business for the lunch crowd.
Wendy's has tried the Pelham Road community and failed. I do not know why they would want to return.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:28 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
Id love for the JOKE IN THE BOX in five forks to close and something better move in. I think Ive eaten there maybe twice, services was junk and the food was horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area