Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 07:24 AM

453 posts, read 646,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Closing announced for Kmart in Mauldin. No surprises there. Does anyone see the EDOC, couldn't read the article, just the headline.
Nothing’s been made available quite yet:

Quote:
Howard Reifs, a spokesman for Sears Holdings, did not provide an exact answer on when the Mauldin store would close, saying only that it will be "closed near the end of the year."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 12:38 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Closing announced for Kmart in Mauldin. No surprises there. Does anyone see the EDOC, couldn't read the article, just the headline.
I believe that may leave the Kmart near the hospital as the only surviving Upstate location. And as for now, it looks like the Sears at Haywood and Westgate malls may hang around a little while longer. The Haywood location has always been one of their top tier stores. Sorry to see them decline.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:41 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I believe that may leave the Kmart near the hospital as the only surviving Upstate location. And as for now, it looks like the Sears at Haywood and Westgate malls may hang around a little while longer. The Haywood location has always been one of their top tier stores. Sorry to see them decline.
The Sears location in Spartanburg closed a month or two ago. This leaves a Sears in Rock Hill, Myrtle Beach and Greenville. Also for Kmart, there is Greenville, Sumter, Lexington and West Columbia. I would expect the Sears in Myrtle Beach to close next due to it being out of the way for distribution. I would expect the Sumter and one of Columbia’s Kmarts (Lexington or West Columbia) to be next for that side of the business. There are a few hometown and outlet stores as well.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:02 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
I had thought the Sears in Spartanburg was in the process of closing due to a declining state when I last visited during the summer. Hopefully Haywood can hang on as it was one of their better stores.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:28 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
When we moved here in 2003 the Spartanburg Kmart had just announced closing; which was one of many reasons why we choose Mauldin. I hate to see this happen. I was in the store last night and it is still stocked with merchandise and honoring Shop Your Way rewards.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:40 PM

428 posts, read 362,443 times
One of the reasons you moved to a city was the location of the KMART?

Old 10-21-2018, 07:41 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,016,803 times
I noticed Beef Jerky Outlet is open at Haywood Mall now. Did the Magnolia Park location relocate?

Old 10-21-2018, 08:03 AM

453 posts, read 646,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I noticed Beef Jerky Outlet is open at Haywood Mall now. Did the Magnolia Park location relocate?
Yeah. Looking at their Facebook page, the Magnolia Park location closed on October 1st.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:33 AM

56 posts, read 57,885 times
It's beginning to look like there could be a forum on Woodruff Rd restaurant closings/movings. I can't even keep up with Applebee's, Chili's, Bojangles, Fresh To Go, Krystal, the Jerky place (don't remember name). I guess we are picking up Havana Kitchen that I give a year. Maybe it's just a result of restaurant overload and all we need is one called The Mattress Kitchen.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:09 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Funny how some of these restaurants (Chili’s and Beef Jerky Outlet) are starting to move elsewhere. I guess Woodruff Road isn’t what it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area