Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,292,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Its true they are a bit on the high side, but IMHO it is well worth it.

Dinner is usually accompanied by a "show" by the owner and chef, when I was there he sang "that's amore'" for everyone while dancing around the tables, lol.

Combine that with the fact that you are getting a multiple course meal for that price and that its the most authentic italian food I have had anywhere in SC. oh yeah and the home made desserts by his wife!

Great night out to spoil the one you love, or yourself! and no I don't work for them, lol.
I'll have to put it on the candidate list for our anniversary this year. It's a big one (20 years) so I guess I need to splurge on this one a bit....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 03:05 PM

807 posts, read 1,784,882 times
You will not be sorry! Plan on a great meal & plenty of food. It is great for a splurge!

Old 09-19-2013, 06:01 PM

282 posts, read 750,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Its true they are a bit on the high side, but IMHO it is well worth it.

Dinner is usually accompanied by a "show" by the owner and chef, when I was there he sang "that's amore'" for everyone while dancing around the tables, lol.

Combine that with the fact that you are getting a multiple course meal for that price and that its the most authentic italian food I have had anywhere in SC. oh yeah and the home made desserts by his wife!

Great night out to spoil the one you love, or yourself! and no I don't work for them, lol.
Couldn't agree more! John is a great chef and makes everyone feel welcome. I feel like it is priced very reasonable for what you get. Love, Love, Love the place

PS: I don't work there either! LOL

Old 09-25-2013, 01:33 PM

356 posts, read 677,458 times
Big Lots in Easley is coming along quickly. Anyone know when they are planning on opening. My wife loves shopping in that dump and is excited.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:18 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
Big Lots in Easley is coming along quickly. Anyone know when they are planning on opening. My wife loves shopping in that dump and is excited.
Big Lots is not what it used to be. They used to carry a lot of closeouts at cheap prices many years ago but now they have more of their own brands and cheap merchandise produced for them under their own labels. The prices are not always that great. IMO

Old 09-27-2013, 06:12 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmartin View Post
It is a Freddy's. Negotiations for a 70,000 square foot building to possibly go on 7-8 acres behind the Aldi/Starbucks/Freddys is under way, hopefully with an announcement coming early Fall.
Has there been any announcement yet on the large store possibly going behind Aldi/Starbucks/Freddys?
Its officially early Fall!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 PM

106 posts, read 196,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Has there been any announcement yet on the large store possibly going behind Aldi/Starbucks/Freddys?
Its officially early Fall!
I wish I had good news to report but due to an issue with the property that has no inexpensive fix they have decided to look for land elsewhere. This has delayed the construction for many months unfortunately. The aggravating part is that the people representing the land allowed this problem to occur in order to sell the road frontage property quicker and it has made the second tier parcel undesirable.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:40 PM

57 posts, read 109,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
I read Oct. 24th.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:42 PM

511 posts, read 1,522,764 times
It opened yesterday. Large store & clean for now. Not all junked up. The prices on some things do seem high. Soap & shampoo were bargains & they have a good selection of furniture, however I did not look at the name brands.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:33 AM

356 posts, read 677,458 times
Sign for Aldi is up, seems like it still has a lot of work left.
Any idea when it will be complete?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area