Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 08:30 AM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post

Oh, now you've done it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 12:19 PM

513 posts, read 576,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Oh, now you've done it.
Well I'd definitely cash out with 1.5 inches for Nov, but it's EXTREMELY unlikely. Euro spits out snowfall clown maps just like other models, seen it many times.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distortedlogic View Post

Well I'd definitely cash out with 1.5 inches for Nov, but it's EXTREMELY unlikely. Euro spits out snowfall clown maps just like other models, seen it many times.

I don't see this one. But that likely won't prevent the run on milk, bread and toilet paper. the stampede has been started.

Just don't see the moisture and temps.. Yes, it'll be cold enough overnight next week, but I really don't see the moisture in the area to get anything other than an intermittent flake here and there.

I can see rain late in the week and very cold temps early in the week. But the two don't interact.

And, it still saddens me that 1.5 inches of snow is considered an event here.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:55 PM

513 posts, read 576,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

And, it still saddens me that 1.5 inches of snow is considered an event here.
Yeah, me too!

Old 11-04-2019, 07:15 PM

7,260 posts, read 4,631,272 times
Seems there's always one model forecasting snow a week out in the South...now if we can just get it to stay still!!

Pivotal Weather has made some changes to their website, so here's some additional model map links. The date image represents is in upper left corner of the map "Valid: Day year-month-date xxZ" (time in Zulu which is 5 hours ahead of us, ie: 10z = 5am local). Date model last updated is upper right corner: "Day year-month-date xxZ(time model last initiated in Zulu, typically this will be 4 times a day at 00z, 06z, 12z & 18z, and results come out within a few hours of that) Model version".

Press play to see image loop of models or click the single <, > symbols either side of play button for one image at a time, etc.
Euro (ECMWF): https://www.pivotalweather.com/model...c&m=ecmwf_full

GFS: https://www.pivotalweather.com/model...s_ma&dpdt=&mc=

NAM (Short range model, can only see a few days out): https://www.pivotalweather.com/model...s_ma&dpdt=&mc=

Remember these may not account for mixing back and forth rain/sleet/snow/ice which changes totals.

Don't forget the Euro and GFS links above are for the main model runs, but they actually have other alternative solutions referred to as 'ensembles'. The Euro for example has 50 other simulations it runs, slightly changing weather parameters to give a better picture of what may happen over time (typically you need a paid subscription somewhere to see maps of each 51 model runs). Weather.us gives you these in a graphical form for free though showing Euro's max and in min possible totals and the average shown here (move slider under graph to the right to see next weeks chances): https://weather.us/forecast/4580543-...mble/euro/snow for Greenville, SC. At the time of this writing it shows next week max is 2.3inches but ensemble average is zero so confidence is higher we'll see none. This is useful to get a better picture of the possibility and may show snow chances when the main model links above do not or vice versa. Also good for rain, wind, temperature, etc possibilities.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:25 PM

604 posts, read 584,636 times
Are we ever going to get fall foliage this year? We put the top down on the Miata and drove up to Caesar's Head and Pretty Place, and there was very little color. Some trees are bare; some green, but little in between.Oh well; it was a nice day for a drive!
Attached Thumbnails
Fall / Winter Weather 2019-2020 Thread-img_20191106_110832511_hdr.jpg  

Old 11-07-2019, 06:36 PM

7,260 posts, read 4,631,272 times
Freeze Watch for Upstate SC for Friday night for another chance of frost. 20's likely mid-late next week for lows, but on November 11th (Monday), NWS GSP ends their Freeze Watch/Warning program for the season, will start again in the spring as we've reached the end of 'growing season'.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:51 AM

604 posts, read 584,636 times
We still haven't had any frost here, but I think the tender plants are done for this weekend. We have coleus the size of shrubs that are in for a rude awakening.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushCreek View Post
We still haven't had any frost here, but I think the tender plants are done for this weekend. We have coleus the size of shrubs that are in for a rude awakening.

Yeah, I still have tomato plants producing.. And peppers.

Low of 29 tonight.. I think this will be the end of them.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:34 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,610,403 times
low of 32.2 - still no actual freeze
my location: south of DT Greenville, in city of Greenville, elevation 1000 feet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area