Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 07:14 PM

423 posts, read 898,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Ichiban?? Did they rearrange the letters from Hibachi? I thought it was Hibachi Grill before it changed to Ichiban briefly and then closed.
They had done a nice job remodeling that place on the inside before and the food was good. Haywood Rd needs a Chinese place other than the food court.
Before it was Ichiban it was called Open Kitchen. The same person owned Hibachi Grill on Woodruff Rd and in Taylors.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
There are reports of a new Golden Chick franchise coming to Pelham Rd. near Publix. Hopefully it appears to be a good chicken place. And a new store recently opened in Greenwood. We shall see. Although I am still hoping for a Popeyes.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:13 PM

151 posts, read 331,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
There are reports of a new Golden Chick franchise coming to Pelham Rd. near Publix. Hopefully it appears to be a good chicken place. And a new store recently opened in Greenwood. We shall see. Although I am still hoping for a Popeyes.
Had it where I used to live. It is fantastic. THE best chicken tenders and honey mustard, rolls with honey…..I won't be eating there….but my kids will love it.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:55 PM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Love fried chicken, but looked at the nutrition facts for this place (yes, I know fried chicken is by no means a health food); they list trans fat, which I try to avoid at all cost. Do you know what they fry the chicken in?

Old 01-29-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Love fried chicken, but looked at the nutrition facts for this place (yes, I know fried chicken is by no means a health food); they list trans fat, which I try to avoid at all cost. Do you know what they fry the chicken in?
It's fried food….it is never healthy. Doesn't matter what they fry it in. It is still really good….for fried food. I won't eat it now, but used to a bunch. People will love it. It will be a success.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,045 times
The quality and healthfulness of fried foods can be adjusted considerably by the choice of frying mediums. At home it can actually be healthy, but of course out in the world the bottom line means they have to use the cheap stuff that kills.

I have a great system; if it is the bad stuff I get heart burn like crazy. Definitely takes the fun out of eating bad food. No need for self-control. (but I cheat every now and then)

raj

Old 01-31-2014, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
The quality and healthfulness of fried foods can be adjusted considerably by the choice of frying mediums. At home it can actually be healthy, but of course out in the world the bottom line means they have to use the cheap stuff that kills.

I have a great system; if it is the bad stuff I get heart burn like crazy. Definitely takes the fun out of eating bad food. No need for self-control. (but I cheat every now and then)

raj
Love that, raj! Yes, that's what I was getting at. Chik-fil-a uses peanut oil so it is a bit healthier, if you ignore the sodium. Fried chicken and all fast foods are treats to me, nothing I eat on a regular basis, but I will still not knowingly eat any foods with trans fat.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:03 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,045 times
Quote:
Love that, raj! Yes, that's what I was getting at. Chik-fil-a uses peanut oil so it is a bit healthier, if you ignore the sodium. Fried chicken and all fast foods are treats to me, nothing I eat on a regular basis, but I will still not knowingly eat any foods with trans fat.

For me TRANS FATS, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP (straight from the devil), and MSG. Those are my choices because I don't think of myself as a dummy.

My 'have to's' are; GLUTEN, AND CASIENE. (sp)

I still have a lot of food fun.

raj

Old 01-31-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
A bit healthier and ignore the sodium??

Old 01-31-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgame View Post
A bit healthier and ignore the sodium??
Guess some people don't understand humor/sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area