Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 12:50 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Have you ever tried the coffee at Pita House? It's AMAZING. I don't drink black coffee but at PH I do. It's a unique way of brewing (all the grinds are at the bottom - similar to French Press) but something about it is insanely good.

Turkish type coffee. People "read" the coffee grounds after drinking.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:04 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
Coming soon to Haywood Mall: Home | Charleys Grilled Subs

Old 01-06-2014, 03:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Coming soon to Haywood Mall: Home | Charleys Grilled Subs
Good.. I've been missing Great Steak lately. It's really hard to find a good philly steak around here.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:28 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Have you ever tried the coffee at Pita House? It's AMAZING. I don't drink black coffee but at PH I do. It's a unique way of brewing (all the grinds are at the bottom - similar to French Press) but something about it is insanely good.

That "something" might be the cardamom.

And I agree that it's insanely good. Especially with a little pistachio baklava.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:54 AM

453 posts, read 646,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caw221 View Post
Was at the new Ace on fairview rd today, looks like a car hit the front of the building.
Wow! I kept an eye out after first seeing this post, and sure enough...! There are pictures on their Facebook wall at https://www.facebook.com/SimpsonvillesAceHardware . Apparently a customer pressed down on the wrong pedal and plowed through the front of the store.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:28 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,287 times
I noticed that the German restaurant near IHOP on WHB is called something else now. Can't remember off the top but it looks like a new grill (not German). Anyone know what it is?

Old 01-08-2014, 08:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,236,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Wow! I kept an eye out after first seeing this post, and sure enough...! There are pictures on their Facebook wall at https://www.facebook.com/SimpsonvillesAceHardware . Apparently a customer pressed down on the wrong pedal and plowed through the front of the store.
A drive through hardware store is a nifty new concept. I do not know how it will be received.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:33 PM

Was down Woodruff today and saw Beef Jerkey Outlet now open, just had to visit. Right next to Firebirds.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:29 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Was down Woodruff today and saw Beef Jerkey Outlet now open, just had to visit. Right next to Firebirds.
I've been to the one in Concord before.. It's a regular stop during my Great Wolf Lodge christmas trips.

Expensive.. But a massive selection, and more than just jerky.. And more than just beef.. Ostrich jerky, alligator jerky, venison jerky, etc.

I picked up some "Wake the F*** Up" brand coffee 2 years ago.. But the one in Concord moved into a strip mall with a Starbucks, which prevents them from selling coffee.

Picked up a "I love cats.. I just can't eat a whole one by myself" shirt... Along with some Ghost Chili Peppers (Which went into some great spaghetti sauce)..

There's alot more to the place than just Beef Jerky.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I've been to the one in Concord before.. It's a regular stop during my Great Wolf Lodge christmas trips.

Expensive.. But a massive selection, and more than just jerky.. And more than just beef.. Ostrich jerky, alligator jerky, venison jerky, etc.

I picked up some "Wake the F*** Up" brand coffee 2 years ago.. But the one in Concord moved into a strip mall with a Starbucks, which prevents them from selling coffee.

Picked up a "I love cats.. I just can't eat a whole one by myself" shirt... Along with some Ghost Chili Peppers (Which went into some great spaghetti sauce)..

There's alot more to the place than just Beef Jerky.
Oh...trust me, I went in. Each time we drove up to Durham we'd pass the one in Concord and always wanted to go in but timing was always wrong. Same chain. Yes, lots of kids of tasty jerky, and yes, quite costly as well. I would probably only get small amounts, as I did with the crawfish chicken jerky (sounded oddly interesting, but tasted it and liked it) They have the coffee you mentioned...couldn't miss the name on that one, with some other items bulk and pre-packed. Guy said they'd be getting in dried fruits soon too.

Not the type of place I'd go out of my way for, or often at that, but once in a while, if I'm on WW and have a hankering for some unusual beef jerky (turkey jerky, chicken jerky, elk, etc etc) I may stop in an get a piece or two, which is what I got, and which satisfied my hunger.

Oh, and yes, I did see some "interesting" T-shirts there too.

If you go, try the fried peanut in the shell, can't remember flavor name, but it was like a brickle type. You eat the whole peanut, shell and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area