Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:30 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I'm addicted to M&M's. Now that they make them for every holiday, it's like I need them to go with my Christmas decorations, or Easter decorations, fortunately, I don't think they make in for St. Patrick's Day...I'm doing well on the South Beach thing. Basically, it's a no carb (like starchy carbs~~flour, white rice, potatoes, beets, corn, peas, breads, pastas, etc.) and I can pretty much stick to that. That part is only for two weeks. Then you can add brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and certain forbidden veggies back in. They don't let you eat fruit at all, which is fine as I'm not a fruit person. I should see some results in about a month...we'll see.
Do you like M&M's plain or with peanuts the best? I guess they have new flavors today too...My younger son would know. He was a big M&M's fan too..I usually buy Hershey's Nuggets. And I love truffles...It sounds like the South Beach diet fits you. Do you have support on their site? Good luck with everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 01:31 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Do you like M&M's plain or with peanuts the best? I guess they have new flavors today too...My younger son would know. He was a big M&M's fan too..I usually buy Hershey's Nuggets. And I love truffles...It sounds like the South Beach diet fits you. Do you have support on their site? Good luck with everything!
Plain, milk chocolate M&M's. No peanuts, no pretzels. I like Hershey's Nuggets, too! There are many forums on the SBD site, and I lurk and read to get hints and helps. I'm hoping since I only need to lose maybe 20 lbs that it will go quickly. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2014, 06:40 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I have such happy news to share with those that know him from here. I was under the wrong impression that he had died. So I buried and mourned him and mislead others to think he had passed....WRONG! Happy, happy!!!

I had talked to his daughter in February when he disappeared from us. She said he was in the hospital for pneumonia and the doctor found he needed a heart valve replaced. She would tell him to call when he got home. That was February. I wrongly assumed he had died from the surgery. Well, he had 5 surgeries!! He's still in the hospital and is still recouping. I cried like a baby to hear him. Yeah, yeah, MSR,I remember the room. �� He hopes to be back hopefully in about 3 weeks. Let's hope so.

Such good news about a very nice gentleman and good friend.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:09 AM

I am so happy to hear this!! Sending happy thoughts to him and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I am so happy to hear this!! Sending happy thoughts to him and hoping for a speedy recovery.
Thanks, Marcy.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:08 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my C-D friends! A day of reflection and giving thanks that we still wake up in the morning.

My thoughts go out to all who are spending your first holiday without that special someone be it parent, spouse or child. May God hold you in His arms.

God Bless and stay strong,
Tami
(((Hugs)))

Old 11-28-2014, 12:28 AM

That was beautiful, Tami!! I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. It's hard when we remember the "better" times when we had our loved ones with us. One foot in front of the other, every day...

Old 09-22-2015, 05:03 PM

I can't pretend I am not happy. Just came back from a week in Fl and the weekend in SC. I saw my new apt. and the complex. Just beautiful. Like a tropical rain forest. My apt. has a very close view of one of the lakes. A few feet from it actually. First floor, all new appliances. Bought a beautiful new living room set. Reclining sofa, loveseat, 3 tables and two lamps. Gorgeous and so comfortable. Happy, happy, happy!

I am leaving again Oct. 9th for good. Went to say goodbye to my old neighbors I have known for years down in Plymouth.

Don't have time to read back of anything. Hope everyone is doing okay.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:53 AM

I missed the threads where you were going to move, as this is the first I've read about it, but it sounds like a wonderful, wonderful life is emerging for you! How did you find out about Florida, and what started all this? I am really happy for you!!!

Old 09-25-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I missed the threads where you were going to move, as this is the first I've read about it, but it sounds like a wonderful, wonderful life is emerging for you! How did you find out about Florida, and what started all this? I am really happy for you!!!
Hi, Marcy! I mentioned it very little until I was sure I had gotten my apt!

Last Aug 15th was my classes 45th reunion. My bff from 7th grade on until present came up from Fl. She has been yakking about me coming down since she and her hubby moved 6 1/2 years ago. She has really been on me since Earl died 3 1/2 years ago. After the reunion I came home and looked up her area and surrounding towns and called her up the next day and said "I am coming down to live." It was time. It was MY time to just almost get up and go.

I looked at houses to buy for a few days then realized "wth am I doing?" I don't want to own another house! I don't want to mow another single blade of grass! Not only am I burnt out from shoveling snow, I realized I am burnt out on mowing too. Plus anything goes wrong, I just call up the office and they send over maintenance.

I have been posting in the Florida/Orlando forum lately.

I have always said I would never leave Massachusetts. I have always said I would never move to Florida. Too hot, too humid, too icky. Never say never. I was so happy down there last week. I felt great. My mental attitude brightened up with the sun. Being with friends also brought me back to life. I have about 10 friends living in various parts of Fl already.

I stopped in at Myrtle Beach, SC on the way back up north at another bff's home and spent the weekend. We made plans, no date yet, but plans on me and our gf driving up to Mrytle Beach and spending a weekend or more there. My bf in Fl is eager to do it.

Then we all have another gf who lives in North Port, on the western side of Fl. She is coming over to the Orlando area for her granddaughter's wedding, Dec 17th. She will stay with Sue and I will go up to Sue's which is only 15 minutes away. All of us grew up in the same village of Plymouth when the place WAS a small village.

Marcy, I am so happy! I have 14 days to wait until my lease begins. I can hardly stand it! My gf told me to come down now again, she misses me having the coffee ready in the morning! I don't want to burden them anymore than I need to. Their dogs made my parrots life unbearable. My poor baby had to be shut away in a bedroom all week with no company. So I won't arrive at their house until the 10th and spend two nights there. Then move into my place.

I'll post a link to my complex in a bit.

Here it is. Pics do not do it justice.
http://www.udr.com/orlando-apartment...mes/amenities/

The first pic of a kitchen, with the French door fridge, that is exactly what my kitchen looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning