Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,924,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I'm not sure what to say because smilin' told me that this tribute is for me...
Really? While I am sitting here thinking this tribute was all bout me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times
I must say,"thank you CA for your kind response. I just have to say this. CArizona, I just can't say enough good about you. I wish the world was full of people like you. You are a gift to me, more than you ever can imagine. I feel strong mentally and emotionally for the first time in years. Amazing my transformation. I know you are going through a rough time watching your best friend (cat), Silky make his transformation and please know my love embraces you both. Your strength amazes me. ((((CArizona & Silky))))

Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 AM

oops, meant to say Silky make his transition.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:42 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times
smilinpretty..Thanks for caring about me and my cat Silky..I hope Silky will be "transformed" when it's his time to leave and he goes over to the other "side."..This is what we want for all of our loved ones who die. Don't you think?..I hope my husband and sons don't have to experience pain anymore or suffering...So death could be considered sort of a "transformation" and "transition." Don't you think?...Hopefully our loved ones have more peace when they die and they won't have to deal with chronic and debilitating illnesses anymore...Of course this is all "philosophy" about the end of life...It's rough to watch our loved ones suffer and deteriorate while they are still alive. And even harder to deal with "losing" them...When Silky has to "go" it will break my heart. But it will be time for his "transformation" and relief from pain and suffering and the aging process..Thanks for caring so much about me and Silky! I'm sure glad you're doing better now! Great to open-up the blinds. I need to do this more often too! Let more sunshine in no matter what!...Thanks for your wonderful and inspiring words and posts!

Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what to say because smilin' told me that this tribute is for me...I'll just say this: It's been a two-way street because smilin' definitely helped me make it through the holidays! I feel lucky and blessed to have her as a friend!...And our friendship is helping us both "blossom" and do better!..It's not just me "helping her!" She has helped me in so many ways!...My son used to send me loving and cute text messages every single morning when he was alive...After he died I didn't get any morning messages anymore...My husband is gone too...But now I receive a sweet and caring email from smilin' every single morning and I send her a "good morning" email too! Neither one of us is "horribly alone" anymore. And this makes all the difference in the world...So a great big THANK YOU to you (too) smilin' for helping me feel more alive again and a whole lot happier!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Really? While I am sitting here thinking this tribute was all bout me.
I immediately knew it was you, CA. I almost even DM'd you with the words' "It's you, right?". (lol, I'm a smart cookie!)

Timing, I hope you were just kidding.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 AM

379 posts, read 533,833 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what to say because smilin' told me that this tribute is for me...I'll just say this: It's been a two-way street because smilin' definitely helped me make it through the holidays! I feel lucky and blessed to have her as a friend!...And our friendship is helping us both "blossom" and do better!..It's not just me "helping her!" She has helped me in so many ways!...My son used to send me loving and cute text messages every single morning when he was alive...After he died I didn't get any morning messages anymore...My husband is gone too...But now I receive a sweet and caring email from smilin' every single morning and I send her a "good morning" email too! Neither one of us is "horribly alone" anymore. And this makes all the difference in the world...So a great big THANK YOU to you (too) smilin' for helping me feel more alive again and a whole lot happier!
CArizona, I knew it was you too! You are such a caring and insightful person. You and smilin are such an inspiration to us all!! I gain from your strength, courage, and words!!

I'm glad to call you both my friend and sisters!

tngirl

Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 AM

tamiznluv and tngirl...You're both smart and right! Sorry that I don't have a prize for you..It would be fun to have contests and door-prizes. Don't you think? It would help take our minds off our troubles and grief!...To be honest I don't feel like a "miracle-worker." I'm just an "average Jane" trying to make it through each day the best I can without "drowning" or falling off any "cliffs!"...Sometimes I have no idea which end is up or down. But I have to try to figure things out anyway and make decisions since I'm the only one here!...I grew-up hearing the old adage: "Pride before a fall." Later in life I changed it to: "Arrogance before a fall."...I think we need some self-esteem and confidence in order to believe that we can tackle life's challenges and obstacles. Don't you?...But arrogance is a different "story.".. I remind myself that I'm not "glued-in" to the saddle and I could fall off the horse at any time! This helps me "stay grounded" and a little more "aware" and cautious. So I don't take anything for granted and (hopefully) remember to "look" before I "leap." But I know I'll end-up making some mistakes anyway. And I'll end-up falling on my "behind" (at times) anyway despite my caution and "good intentions." Oh well!!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Hee-hee, CA, prizes would have been fun!

See, you can't stay away from here no matter how rotten you may be feeling. I don't think many of us "regulars" could.

How is your dear Silky doing today? I wish she/he could have a "miracle" happen like my parakeet, Charlie, has had happen. A friend told me what she does for her hubby when his system gets "out of sorts" by rubbing his belly and I've been doing that to Charlie everyday. She's back to going "normal"! I wish I could give you advice like my friend did and it would work.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM

tamiznluv...I'm glad Charlie is doing so well and the belly-rubbing is working...Silky's managed to stick-around far longer than I ever would have expected despite being so weak and frail. He takes pride in "acting normal." But I know the end may come for him at any time and it's sad...I guess it's just hard for him to give-up and leave us..And I sure don't want him to leave either...I'll try rubbing his belly when I hold him. Sometimes I rub his back paws and he's always liked this...I call him "Silky Pooh!" His full name is "Silky Sullivan." My husband named him after the race horse because he has long legs and a frame like a horse...Also we used to eat and go dancing (a lot) in a restaurant called "Silky Sullivan's" in Orange County, CA...I'm scared about how I will feel when Silky finally goes. Really scared! But I guess I'll just have to find a way to carry-on. Thanks for caring and listening.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:53 PM

I has lunch today with a group of people. The woman who started the meet-up a year and a half ago, I sat next to and very interesting woman and I told her I lost my husband six months ago and she told me she did not know that and she was sorry to hear that. She told me she had two cats TWENTY years old, she just lost one of them and it is hard for her because her son grew up with these cats. Animals are our family, they provide us unconditional love and company and each one has their own personalities. Actually, for me, it is just as hard losing a animal then it is a human being.

CA, we are all here for you, I want for you to know that. There is so much caring and kindness and love here to embrace you as you will know.

To everyone here: CA she is an extrodinary person, really she is. I have never met a person like her before. I so admire her bravery, her intelligence, her strength. She is my teacher. I tell her she is one in two million but I don't want to embarrass her but it actually is more like 10 million or more.

This woman knows how to communicate to others in a way no one else I have met, has mastered. CA knows how to LISTEN and with that there is no judgement, opnions, no critical thinking. She never has a bad word to say about anyone and her whole being is full of love and acceptance. To talk to her on the phone she has the sweetest sounding voice I have ever heard. She has taught me so much. She truely is one amazing human being and she has touched my life like no other and I feel I am a better person knowing her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning