Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 09:47 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
The best and most effective remedy is to stop watching TV news.

yes because really who wants to be warned of potential problems, then they'd have to actually DO something about it.....ahh yes...ignorance is bliss for some folks.

A co worker does not listen to the news because to him its "ALL BAD" news. Never mind that some positives are relayed and worthy of hearing. When certain laws are passed for safety, or when an amber alert is resolved. No lets bury our heads.....

I personally want to know if my pills of tylenol are tainted so I can remain alive and not dead due to NOT listening to the news....Never mind when our community gives warning of weather conditions....Its nice to be prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 11:06 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is as though I have reached my limit of tolerance for the constant pounding of sorrowful things happening in the world.
Last night's Bastille Day massacre seems to have hit me in a physical way. I feel like curling up in a ball and sleeping, and I can't snap out of it.
I mourn the loss of our collective happiness, and feel powerless to affect change.
stop watching the news, reading the papers, listening to the radio or surfing the net. shut off the computer, shut off the tv, cancel the newspapers and toss the radio in the trash. walk outside your front door, look at the sun, the trees and the wildlife, smile, be happy, live life to its fullest, enjoy every moment.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:15 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
What helps me is the idea that we as people are first children of God. We lived with him before we came here as spiritual beings. We will return to him someday. This Earth life is just a short period in our existence. What I do is read the scriptures. All these things that are happening are supposed to happen in the last days, a time that we live in now.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:17 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I feel the same as you....... I hate all the trash in the world now... All the mean/unfriendly people --- I wasnt born here!!!!!!!! -- I WAS BORN IN A BEAUTIFUL/PURE WORLD!!!!!!

What galaxy was that in?

Old 07-18-2016, 06:27 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,607,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I feel the same as you....... I hate all the trash in the world now... All the mean/unfriendly people --- I wasnt born here!!!!!!!! -- I WAS BORN IN A BEAUTIFUL/PURE WORLD!!!!!!

I feel for ya my friend
No you weren't, you were born in a world with the Killing Fields, and My Lai. You are just not noticing the good, and wonderful right now. It will pass. There are so many ways to effect change, to increase the good in the world.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
It is as though I have reached my limit of tolerance for the constant pounding of sorrowful things happening in the world.
Last night's Bastille Day massacre seems to have hit me in a physical way. I feel like curling up in a ball and sleeping, and I can't snap out of it.
I mourn the loss of our collective happiness, and feel powerless to affect change.
Here's something interesting about what I read about it and the pictures I saw.

Attack lasted 30 minutes
Covered a stretch of 1 mile
Truck was speeding at 40 mph

(Is that the new math? How is the above scenario possible?
People had HALF HOUR to get out of the way, were they standing waiting to be run over for 25 minutes?)

Every photo showed bodies covered in CLEAN WHITE sheets/tarps.
No EMS personnel to be seen
no ambulances
no police
no taped off crime areas
Just bodies everywhere
No blood, clean asphalt
Front of truck was pristine, no blood there either

Read all news with a critical mind FIRST before becoming emotional.

Turn OFF the news. Stop watching. Spend time with your family and friends, do things that MATTER to you. Be happy, be healthy, be loved.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:50 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
To those of this generation, these events may be especially devastating.

I was a teen in the 70s, however, and there were lots of hijackings and terrorism attacks, as I have alluded to here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...m-70s-now.html

Perhaps my past has made me less sensitive to all that is going on; for an American, I KNOW that terrorism did not start on 9/11.

There are differences between the decades as others noted in the thread I have linked.

Basically, do not take these events as markers for end of the world for the world has seen such incidents before.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:43 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
It is past time to man up, and face real life .
Animals in the wild face the challenges of life daily moment by moment, their mortality rate is pathetic compared to man .
Life is not fair , it's never been fair, and it never will be fair.
Man is going to be competitive over life and survival . I will favor my families needs over you and the whole rest of the world.
Those whom are not aggressive toward life, are food, or a sludge to society.
Those of us that prepare for the future (bitter as it can be) ,have a better chance at the future, than those whom don't.
They that choose to attempt to live in a candy land, will find a rude awakening and the false dependencies dismantle they are devastated and die.
And that , not even in a catastrophic event, but every day life facing the responsibilities of life.
Looking back I had a distinct advantage growing up relatively poor and having to make and or repair any thing I wanted or needed not very much was ever handed to me then. I has to learn to take some personal responsibility for my self and my actions ,no one was there to bail me out of my problems but God, and even He requires some accountability and responsibility.

Bad things will always happen ,
what are you going to do about the future ?
Fuel for some one else's fire,
or character to stand upright and be some body.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Unhappy *

I have woken up and I see how bad and evil this world is now....

I see these companies putting garbage in our food TO MAKE PEOPLE SICK so they need big pharma WHICH BRINGS IN $$$$$$$$$$$ FOR THEM....... Its all a scam.... (They are in bed with big pharma to make them $$$$$$ when someone gets sick from this stuff they cause...(They goto them to get over it))

Aspartame
Carragean
Suclarose
Maltodextrin

All that stuff DOESNT NEED TO BE IN OUR FOOD and it wasnt ever in our food before the 2000s hardily...........

I SEE THE REAL WORLD AND I DONT LIKE IT ONE BIT!!

Last edited by Dude111; 07-18-2016 at 09:09 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 08:11 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times
Quote:

I think the more appropriate term would be collective naivete.

We've lived in our little happy bubble for a long time with the media allowing us to see only parts of whats happening in the world, or our government putting their own spin on things, but thanks to new technology there are no more secrets. Terrorism in one form or another has been going on since the 1st century. This unfortunately is nothing new. It's just that we're hearing about it more often and seeing the effects of it on tv.

There's always going to be some crazy zealot with a cause whether it be religious or political who wants to send a message.

I too feel bad more so for the children that have to grow up with this fear of living in todays world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning