Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2020, 06:16 PM

114 posts, read 57,202 times

Advertisements

I dream of loved ones often. Especially my grand parents I was close to. But for the last several years I’ve had these vivid dreams that are almost more like messages or visions from a woman who I considered my soulmate and she got away from me. long story. The dreams haunt me for days! They are so real.
My grandparents usually pop up in my dreams offering advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2020, 09:35 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
I don't seem to dream too much anymore about my loved ones. Occasionally but not like it used to be. I did, however, dream just this week about the 2nd best man I had in my life. He's dead too. I haven't dreamt of him in ages. When I woke up, I had to remember that he is gone. Kinda makes me feel like I am cheating on my dead hubby!

Old 03-27-2020, 10:57 AM

271 posts, read 248,653 times
I usually don't remember my dreams. I only wake up knowing that I had one. A few weeks ago I had a dream about a boyfriend that I had back in college. After we broke up I lost track of him. I was very fond of him at that time. We were in our early 20's. Young love. Fast forward 40+ years I have a dream and he's in it. I woke up feeling intensely sad and knew he had died. I was able to confirm this and discovered that he died 20 years ago.

The dream was so weird and the feelings I had when I woke up was over whelming.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:46 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,985,627 times
I had a dream about my recently deceased nephew. It left me feeling sad and wasn't a happy dream like most of my dreams about dead loved ones. I think it's because it's too fresh. In a few years, it will be nice to dream of him again. I like dreaming about the ones that have been gone a long time, it's like having them back in the family for a few minutes.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:51 AM

9,441 posts, read 11,195,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
In the darkest time of my grief, I saw my late-husband in a dream. He was sitting in a chair looking at me and he seemed so REAL. In disbelief I asked him "Is that you? Is that really you?" He nodded. Then I begged and pleaded with him over and over again not to leave me. "Pleeeease don't leave me!" I sobbed and threw myself at his feet.

He told me that he would never leave me and that he would always be with me. He also said that I was entering my "third phase" in life. Then he wrapped his arms around me in an embrace that completely enveloped me and my entire body was filled with warmth; it was as if I was being swaddled like a baby.

Then I woke up and realized that it was just a dream. I think of that dream almost every day and it brings me comfort.

I've had other dreams of him, but they seem more like regular dreams, nothing like that one. Most dreams don't make sense but that one was different in that his message to me was so clear and direct. There was nothing puzzling about it.
I think that was more than "just a dream." It was a visit, a message.

Third phase, is that of the spirit? First phase, of the body. Second phase, of the mind.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/3405287...o_tab_contents

Old 03-28-2020, 10:55 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,286,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I think that was more than "just a dream." It was a visit, a message.

Third phase, is that of the spirit? First phase, of the body. Second phase, of the mind.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/3405287...o_tab_contents
My sisters refer to that for me. First phase daughter, second phase wife, third phase me. I can do what I want, when I want, how I want, with no consideration of others.

Amusingly enough, they do tell me everything I’m doing wrong.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:35 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,186,149 times
I rarely dream about my DW but I had one that stands out even months later.

I was in some house talking with her and her daughter about some random subject when she talked about potential summer plans. At that point, I started to realize I was having a dream and went over to hug her. Right after that, I woke up.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:17 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,697,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I hope you realize that this is simply your opinion.
It is simply an opinion. However, people who think/believe the someone has reached out to them from 'beyond' -- that is only their opinion also. There is no proof either way. I am not being snarky -- there just isn't any proof either way. But I do tend to think (my opinion) that dreams are messages from our unconscious. Who knows though? And how will we ever find out?

Old 03-29-2020, 06:22 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
It is simply an opinion. However, people who think/believe the someone has reached out to them from 'beyond' -- that is only their opinion also. There is no proof either way. I am not being snarky -- there just isn't any proof either way. But I do tend to think (my opinion) that dreams are messages from our unconscious. Who knows though? And how will we ever find out?
Simple answer...we never will. It will always remain a mystery. Individual theories will vary.

Old 03-29-2020, 03:28 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,141,135 times
Ive had a couple dreams of my Dad after he died.
I always wonder if my brain makes up what he says to me or if its from beyond...and I dont even believe in that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning