Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,103 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 921 to 930 of 1598
  1. shaunalovesherapbts
    04-21-2011 07:36 AM - permalink
    shaunalovesherapbts
    Hi, i am new here so forgive me if i do not use this forum correctly as i am not very "computer savvy" I live in Melbourne FL... i have been renting an efficiency from a very nice couple for the past 3 years... it was supposed to be temporary thing because i have two large pit bulls. see it is a "mother in law" suite, and they have 2 Jack Russell terriers. They wanted to help me because i was in a bad spot, but due to the circumstances, did not believe it would work out as a permanent situation.. After being here for a couple of months they fell in love with me and my dogs, my dogs and the Jack Russells are the best of friends, and our time here has been just awesome. But they have a son who is going through hard times, and now that i am on my feet with a good job and a reliable vehicle, along with the fact that i am in a new relationship "1 year almost) it is time for me to move on and allow them to help their son... the problem i am having is finding a house that will allow me and my dogs. They are coming with me, no exceptions, i will sleep in a tent in the woods with my dogs before i turn them over to a shelter. Does anyone have any advice for me???
  2. lyfechngr
    04-16-2011 09:33 PM - permalink
    lyfechngr
    Hey, Guys. I just joined the group. I'm hoping to meet people who live in Cincinnati, Ohio, but Looking forward to networking with people around the country. Hit me up.
  3. AngjiandDan
    04-16-2011 12:43 PM - permalink
    AngjiandDan
    I and my husband want to move to Florida or Arizona we admit it we hate the cold weather. We do not expect it to be llike when, your on vacation. Whats the best industries besides Tourism, Agriculture.... Whats the best Childrens hospital Worst school areas I know ot stay out of Miami right? I heard iti s worstthan Detroit we was thinknig of Orlando and or Gainsville.
  4. MadelynfrmNY
    04-15-2011 03:45 PM - permalink
    MadelynfrmNY
    Anyone familiar with Melbourne Florida and Palm Bay Florida, that can give me some insight and direction as to what areas are good and which to stay away from. I would appreciate it.
  5. hazell
    04-13-2011 10:40 PM - permalink
    hazell
    Yes iam a married woman with 5 childern me and husband wants to move to a good part of ILL. where there are jobs good schools and comfortable living area do any body have a idea plz. help coming from Michigan thx. u
  6. jtreeguy
    04-07-2011 08:48 PM - permalink
    jtreeguy
    Hello out there. I am a newbe at this cyberspace posting. I currently live outside Birmingham, AL and have just accepted and new job position in Indianapolis,IN. Ok the only thing I know about Indy is the race track and that I have driven through on my way to Chicago, IL where I once lived. I am a single male and need advice on what are good areas and bad areas of Indy for living. Yes I am concerned about cost but mostly safety. Can someone help I have to be there on 4/18/11!
  7. MadelynfrmNY
    04-07-2011 05:12 PM - permalink
    MadelynfrmNY
    To Buenop: I have been on trulia.com allot! here you can look up houses for rent and sale, they try there best to post extra information like polls on how residents rate the areas, as far as safety, near by schools and so on, hope it helps!
  8. Buenop
    04-06-2011 06:08 PM - permalink
    Buenop
    Hello All, could you kindly direct me to a website that shows single-family homes for rent in the Denver (and surrounding) area? Please do not direct me to rent.com, or move.com, etc...as they are all for apts and maybe 1 or 2 houses. I've always used realtor.com, but for whatever reason it does not have the rental option for the Denver area. I like to do my own looking on line, so please do not direct me to realtors' sites where you have to enter all your personal info before you can look. Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows of some good sites that are NOT for apartments.
  9. andrewst
    04-05-2011 09:51 PM - permalink
    andrewst
    Hello, I'm new to this but I'm 26 years old with a 5 year old daughter from MI. Her dad and I are looking to relocate somewhere, anywhere with good neighborhoods, good school system, affordable living and a decent amount of jobs. we were thinking about North Carolina or Texas any suggestions?
  10. mommycoach
    03-29-2011 09:26 AM - permalink
    mommycoach
    My family is interested relocate to Mount Pleasant area of TN from Maine within next year or so and looking for as much feedback about area, schools, etc., that we can get. Looking for all feedback that is possible. We have not been to TN before but looking for climate change, etc., and we came across Mount Pleasant because we want to live in small community, low crime, good schools and all and that was an area that caught our eye. We are hoping within the next several months to take a trip there to get a feel for the area but in the meantime it would be great if someone could help us out with lots of information. Thanks and have a great day!