Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,103 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 891 to 900 of 1598
  1. misspreston26
    06-08-2011 05:39 PM - permalink
    misspreston26
    Hi moving from Baton Rouge to Chicago in about 2 years.I gave myself a 2 year plan,get a better ca which im working on now,pay some things off and biuld my credit score up and save enough monye for a down payment for a houe.I have 5 kids and would like to know what are some good places to live in how cold does it get and is there a lot of snow there.And is there anything i should know before we move there that will be helpful to me
  2. *Bri*
    06-08-2011 03:11 PM - permalink
    *Bri*
    Hello, I currently live in Whittier Ca. I am planning to move within the next months. I have two cities in mind. One is Fontana Ca, the second is Victorville Ca. My main concern is my sons education. How can I compare the school system in victorville to Fontana? HELP, my son is a top student, I would hate for the move to have an impact on his learning.
  3. RelyLocal Johnson City TN
    06-06-2011 07:36 AM - permalink
    RelyLocal Johnson City TN
    Relocating to Johnson City, TN area? Visit Our web site for a List of Locally Owned Businesses, Local Employment, Events and Coupons!RelyLocal Johnson City, Jonesborough, Elizabethton, Erwin Join Us in Our Campaign to Strengthen Our Local Economy! : RelyLocal
  4. Tara Ann
    06-05-2011 09:08 PM - permalink
    Tara Ann
    Hi all! So this is all brand new to me. I am planning on moving to Georgia in the next few months and have so many questions, reservations, fears, and yet I'm excited about a new beginning. I currently live in Long Island, New York, my sister and her husband moved to GA 10 years ago and my parents 2 years ago. It's time for me to join my family but having a career and a life full of friends and hobbies as well as 2 brothers in NY, I'm feeling a bit torn. So, I joined this site to try and meet people in Georgia and learn more about the social networking, how transients fit in, the towns/counties to move to and the ones to avoid!

For the past 12 years I have worked for a Catholic, not for profit agency that enriches the lives of developmentally disabled adults and children. My expertise is getting the individuals government benefits, Medicaid, Social Security Income and disability. I am based out of Accounting so I have experience in that field as well. I love playing volleyball, indoor and beach as well as running, reading and yoga. I enjoy time spent with friends whether we are hanging out chatting at home, having a fire or going out to eat and grab a few drinks.

So, I'm hoping that Georgia and I are a good fit, if anyone has any tips, advise or words of wisdom.. please share.
  5. msplayful
    06-05-2011 06:55 PM - permalink
    msplayful
    moving to smithfield, or selma, or other close town within 20 miles of smithfield. looking for a house to rent that is pet friendly. have both cats and dogs. (2 each) they are grown, 3 are very old and they are all well behaved.
  6. whitb05
    06-03-2011 08:51 AM - permalink
    whitb05
    My boyfriend and I are looking to move to the Greensboro NC area from Long Island NY. We are going to visit in about a month. Any areas anyone can suggest to look for apartments. And are there dealerships and repair shops around? My boyfriend is a mechanic and currently works at a hyundai dealership. We obviously would like to find work for atleast one of use before moving there. I want to live somewere that has everything I would need near by or not more that 15 mins. I don't know how well I would do with anything more subarban than Long Island.
  7. trob333
    05-29-2011 07:49 PM - permalink
    trob333
    Hello, If I can be any help with real estate advice in the Indianapolis area please respond. I am a Realtor with Keller Williams Indy metro Northeast anthony.a72@gmail.com
  8. kallenfranchise
    05-27-2011 05:24 PM - permalink
    kallenfranchise
    I am moving to New Hampshire (the Lake Winnipesaukee area). I'll be in Wolfeboro for 6 weeks and then probably to Nashua. Need a bit help with transportation around the Lakes region (taxi prices are not appealing, looking for alternatives). Looking for social outlets and housing in Nashua. Hope you can help.
  9. ilindley
    05-25-2011 04:17 PM - permalink
    ilindley
    I am planning on relocating to Augusta, GA in 1/2012 to attend ASU. I would greatly appreciate any and all insight regarding housing, employment, social outlets, ASU, etc. I am a mature adult in the middle of a life transition for the better.
  10. tiamia24
    05-24-2011 06:18 PM - permalink
    tiamia24
    im looking for my families "perfect" home town. we live in Mississippi, and hate it! we are considering moving to GA closer to my husbands side of the family but really would love a town in the mountains. We are 25 and wanting to start a family soon. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!