Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,102 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 871 to 880 of 1597
  1. Darla.R
    07-14-2011 09:41 PM - permalink
    Darla.R
    Hello. I'm Irish and have emigrated to both New Zealand and Australia with my husband and children. I'm happy to answer questions about what it's like to live in either place.
  2. dtownjoe
    07-12-2011 07:17 PM - permalink
    dtownjoe
    Hi There~ I and my domestic partner now live in Pennsylvania and would like to move to Hawaii in the next year ~ year and a half. We just made this decision in the last couple days. Of Course we have so many questions, concerns etc but are willing to take that leap. We have been doing some research but would love to here from the locals on where the best place would be to start out. We expect that we might have about $30,000 cash when we arrive but certain that will be spent just getting somewhat settled. We will need jobs, a affordable place to live, benefits etc. We were originally thinking Kauai, but because nightlife is so limited we are now thinking of Oahu, Any suggestions. Our main reason for leaving the mainland is that we have been together 23 years~ never found our dream here, We will never make a million dollars, I work in travel and tourism and he works restaurant management and bartends. We are both close to 50 years old and really would love to enjoy the islands while we can. Everyone talks the dream" Someday when we can afford it" and that day Never really comes to people like us. We thought we would take the plunge and make the best of it. We are planning a year in advance to network, get ideas, make friends and hope for a smooth transition when that move arrives.
  3. tlc2006
    07-11-2011 03:00 PM - permalink
    tlc2006
    Moving to Tennessee right before school starts and need to find a school that does not serve PBJs to students due to son having peanut allergy! Please can someone give a school district, school- public or private- that does this. We are looking anywhere from Nashville to Rockwood and north south of those too. I thank you so very much in helping me with this very large stressor of moving to a new state!
  4. sierra75
    07-10-2011 07:41 PM - permalink
    sierra75
    Hi
    I am new to this group. We are getting ready to relocate ..Cincinnati, Oh. Does enyone knows of an agency that can help us finding a rental house in the north-west suburs of Cincinnati?Thanks!
  5. lizzibell85
    07-08-2011 09:34 AM - permalink
    lizzibell85
    bad spelling
  6. lizzibell85
    07-08-2011 09:29 AM - permalink
    lizzibell85
    Here is my sad, but true story. I live in Illinois. I have lived in Illinois my whole life, and I hate it here, but the problem is that with three kids and no money, bad credit, and no job because the economy is terrible I don;t have a whole lot of prospects of moving any time soon, but I have to get out of here. I am going crazy. I don't care where I mive to, I just don't want to be here. I can't find one person who will put their faith in me and offer me a job in a different state without me having to find a way out there for an interview, and again, without any money, that is hard to do. If I didn't have three children I would say I could just live in a campground, but I cannot do that to my kids or my husband. He has a job here, but his job doesn't even make enough to pay the bills, and as I have said before I cannot find a job to help out. I am going to school which will eventually pay off, but I cannot guarantee I can even stay in school if I can't pay for my tuition. I really need to relocate. I just need to find one person who will put enough faith into my family and beleive in us. I am very hard working, very sociable, and I can do anything. I have experience in working in department store cash offices, at customer service desks, and being a cashier, but as I said before; I CAN DO ANYTHING. I am a very hard worker and so is my husband. We bith have experience in working in resturaunts; my husband as a cook, and me as a waitress. As far as a place to stay, we don't need much to start, just enough room for the children to sleep. Please, if there is anyone out there that can help me, please let me know.
  7. puddintang
    07-08-2011 01:45 AM - permalink
    puddintang
    who lives in idaho?
  8. Elizabeth Salazar
    07-07-2011 06:41 PM - permalink
    Elizabeth Salazar
    My name is Elizabeth Salazar and I am a REALTOR in Central Florida with Realty Executives. I work with buyers, sellers and people relocating to Central Florida. Please contact me at elizabethsalazar@realtyexecutives.com for any questions. You can also visit my website at ESalazar.RealtyExecutivesfl.com
  9. margaretk109
    07-07-2011 06:07 PM - permalink
    margaretk109
    I'm a licensed real estate agent for the Greater Danbury CT area. I work with buyers, seller, relocating people, renters and investors. Any question regarding the area please feel free to contact me.
  10. DanainFL2007
    07-06-2011 04:47 PM - permalink
    DanainFL2007
    I am a Florida licensed Sales Associate with Coldwell Banker and a member of the Miami Board of Realtors. Formally I was a New York licensed Sales Associate for four years. Currently I am working in Broward County with a focus on Pembroke Pines, Cooper City, Davie, Miramar, Plantation and Hollywood. Contact me at Dana.Manz@Floridamoves.com or search for properties for sale at Coldwell Banker Florida - FloridaMoves.com. I handle sales and rentals and unlike most I am a full time agent. Please contact me for South Florida info, I know what it's like to move somewhere new :-)