Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 07:35 AM

487 posts, read 1,357,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Again...the whole scenario could have been explained WITHOUT mentioning the color of the bad guys.
So seeing as YOU wont let this die like I suggested then YOU can explain what EXACTLY is the need to point out the color of the crooks.
Be specific.
No further explanation is needed.
My first post said exactly what I wanted to say.
Furthermore my post was directed at you.
Therefore it is not necessary for me to comment on the original account of the robbery attempt.

I was inquiring about your assumptions and motives.
In case I was too vague, let me be more clear.
My implication is that for the most part people that raise this type of objection are using it as a form of attack designed to suppress the exchange if ideas.
This type of attack is intended to induce Fear of being labeled a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 07:36 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
I can see the need to obtain a CCW and carry if one held an occupation or worked in an area which would be prudent to be defensively armed. There is no paranoia only common sense and proactive security measures. Examples are obvious and need not be enumerated.

Concealed carry is actually a considerable burden because one is educated in the use of the firearm and the laws pertaining to it's use. It is a conscious decision to obtain a CCW. I can see where having a CCW would actually make a person even more responsible in the use of a firearm as they would be aware of the points of law regarding it's use and misuse. Again, this is for the responsible user not the immature or the crimminal minded.

You are from South Florida laidbackhippie and posting in this thread so I presume you must know that the CCW process in Florida is a standard bearer for responsible concealed carry. Unlike so many other types of licensing in the U.S., CCW in Florida actually has no taint of abuse.

For the record I do not have a CCW because I do not need one although I would obtain one if my work duties placed me in a situation where I may be a target of crime. I do learn from hearing differing opinions but the type of responses you have written are in no manner constructive or educational.

Last edited by Felix C; 04-14-2011 at 07:45 AM..

Old 04-14-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
I think that 99 percent of civilians who feel that they need to carry a gun are paranoid and need psychological assistance.

I have never met a civilian gun "enthusiast" that didn't have a story about when they "had to use their weapon"

Hey, I have an idea ! Join the Army, then you can have some real stories and advice.

Hogwash..... If you have a gun, there is no reason to be paranoid.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 AM

665 posts, read 1,727,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger37708 View Post

that's the exact attitude that gets gun enthusiasts in trouble.

If you show it or shoot it ............. there is a big chance that, if you actually live through it, you will be in and out of the court system for many years to come.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:59 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
The gun nuts read all the stories in Guns and Ammo and other magazines about how a gun owner "foiled a robbery" and truly believe that one day they'll be a hero too.
That statement just shows how far off you really are, I personally would never try to foil a robbery, my gun is for my and my families protection, I'm not a cop, it's not my duty to prevent crimes to anyone other than me, unless the BG started shooting people I'd let him go about his business.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:

If you show it or shoot it ............. there is a big chance that, if you actually live through it, you will be in and out of the court system for many years to come.
Not at all, in some states it's perfectly legal to brandish if you feel threatened, and legal to shoot someone in self defense, but thanks for showing us you have no clue what your talking about

Old 04-14-2011, 08:07 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:

Why are you even in this thread...this is not a bashing gun thread, or the people who have them....

Yet, you decided to throw in your own opinion and try and get people mad....which does/did not happen by the way....given your opinion that we need Dr. assistance...

We who carry or have guns, are used to people like you, we are not paranoid..nor do we need help from anyone from the doctor side of the house.

Nobody want to be a hero as you say....we want to beable to to protect ourselves from those who do not obey the law...

Again, go troll somewhere else....

Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
never mind

Old 04-14-2011, 08:10 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,611,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Not at all, in some states it's perfectly legal to brandish if you feel threatened, and legal to shoot someone in self defense, but thanks for showing us you have no clue what your talking about
That's one reason I'm glad I live in Texas. Brandishing is illegal, but if you shoot someone trying to harm you or others, it's a safe bet you'll be acquitted fairly quick. I have a personal story about how brandishing probably saved my own skin once, but I won't get into that here.

I'll just say that showing your weapon can save you from a carjacking. And carjackers aren't likely to complain to police.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by tigger37708

Quote:

Ridiculous!!!
There can be no connection between the absence of paranoia and getting into trouble.

Disingenuous!!
You imply a connection between the absence of paranoia
and
Brandishing a firearm.
There is no such connection.

Preposterous!!!
Many states have severe penalties for allowing a concealed firearm to be seen. Even unintentionally.
Furthermore your last statement is so full of contradictions I hardly know where to start.
Implying you may not live through an assault is by definition a justification for defensive action.

Allowing yourself to be killed just to avoid a possible court inquiry is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting