Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM

200 posts, read 888,242 times

Advertisements

I'm getting a Springfield XD45 Compact for Christmas...

I've researched it pretty steadily on the Internet, does anyone have any personal anecdotes about good or bad qualities of their Springfield handguns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 09:29 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedie80 View Post
I'm getting a Springfield XD45 Compact for Christmas...

I've researched it pretty steadily on the Internet, does anyone have any personal anecdotes about good or bad qualities of their Springfield handguns?
I LOVE Xds....my favorite gun as of yet. I plan on getting one...just need to decide on caliber, but probably a XD tactical (for range and home defense)
Im not too keen on the feel a sub-C or compact gives me. Maybe I am not holding it right...but I always end up with a sore hand when I shoot. Like something hits it, maybe the slide? I have big hands though.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:42 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
I LOVE Xds....my favorite gun as of yet. I plan on getting one...just need to decide on caliber, but probably a XD tactical (for range and home defense)
Im not too keen on the feel a sub-C or compact gives me. Maybe I am not holding it right...but I always end up with a sore hand when I shoot. Like something hits it, maybe the slide? I have big hands though.
You can't go wrong with Springfield because they do make very good firearms. I've had a Springfield M1-A semi-automatic rifle for a little over 8 years now, and I've been very happy with it.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:35 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,460 times
Default anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Why is the SM/FAL .308 rifle so under-rated? It seems like a rifle on par with the M-16/AR-15 and AK-47.
No replies yet? I'm going to go out onto a limb here and see who will argue:
I think the FAL .308 is better then the M-16 and AK-47. Am I wrong?
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 12-15-2007, 06:51 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
No replies yet? I'm going to go out onto a limb here and see who will argue:
I think the FAL .308 is better then the M-16 and AK-47. Am I wrong?
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
I have to agree with you. The FAL in a .308 will definately be a AT&T gun. It will reach out and touch someone. haha I had a AR and it really fell short on expectations. Never owned an AK though.

But .308 is a great caliber. You'll have to play with ammo though and find something it likes. I tried reloading for mine, but ended up buying factory ammo because it really liked it better then what I could put together. I've got a Garand that is the same way. Factory ammo can really put them down the pipe, reloads are all over the place.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:47 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I have to agree with you. The FAL in a .308 will definately be a AT&T gun. It will reach out and touch someone. haha I had a AR and it really fell short on expectations. Never owned an AK though.

But .308 is a great caliber. You'll have to play with ammo though and find something it likes. I tried reloading for mine, but ended up buying factory ammo because it really liked it better then what I could put together. I've got a Garand that is the same way. Factory ammo can really put them down the pipe, reloads are all over the place.
I'm glad you agree with yourself thats funny, i also like the .308.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm glad you agree with yourself thats funny, i also like the .308.
your right, those .308's are sweet, i do have a friend with a savage 110 in 308, he turned into a tactical rifle, it's a nice shooting rifle.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
I'm still looking to purchase a 25-06. I shot one many years ago and really loved it. In this state, .25 cal is required to take big game. Antelope, deer, etc. So I want something flat shooting, fast, and will really reach out there. So I'm thinking 25-06 is what I want. Local gun shop, and we only have a couple, doesn't carry 25-06 but will order. No, I want to feel it, balance it before I buy. Any suggestions? I've already got dies for it. But haven't bought one yet.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I'm still looking to purchase a 25-06. I shot one many years ago and really loved it. In this state, .25 cal is required to take big game. Antelope, deer, etc. So I want something flat shooting, fast, and will really reach out there. So I'm thinking 25-06 is what I want. Local gun shop, and we only have a couple, doesn't carry 25-06 but will order. No, I want to feel it, balance it before I buy. Any suggestions? I've already got dies for it. But haven't bought one yet.
I'm with you on that i don't like to buy a gun without feeling it, maybe you can find someone who owns one you can check out. I use a 30 06 for deer but it's overkill around here, maybe for bear, i would like a 243 but the local shops are way overpriced and they are sooo unfriendly about having a rifle bought on-line and shipped to them.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:10 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
I'm still looking to purchase a 25-06.
<snip>
I've already got dies for it. But haven't bought one yet.
I used that excuse for the last two rifles I bought.
I figured that since I already had the dies, and could load the ammunition for those calibers, I ought to have something to use it in.
I now have a very nice M1A Scout (.308) and a Kel-Tec SU16 (.223).

A friend of mine recently decided to sell his reloading equipment, so I bought it all from him for a decent price. In the package deal was a set of .44 (Magnum) dies. I don't have anything that shoots .44, so I guess I'm going to have to get another gun sometime soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting