Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:03 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times

Advertisements

I wonder how much this new radiation compares to say flying in a plane or getting a chest x-ray?

Cosmic Radiation During Flights | RadTown USA | US EPA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 06:07 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
This concerns me a lot.
BTW, one little detail shows how unconcerned with the truth Jeanet Moret is, take a look at the malformed pineapples, like weird mutant space alien creatures, that they cut to throughout the film. Though she doesn't refer to them, the clear inference from the context is that radiation did that. Oogie Boogie scary scary!

But no, they actually have nothing to do with radiation. It's just something that occasionally occurs spontaneously, everywhere pineapples are grown, and it always has, since long before we even created nuclear devices. In Taiwan they are considered lucky, and people will pay ten times the normal price for them.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
I think the OP might be concerned that the radiation is going to come to your islands and that a bunch of radioactive Hawaiians will flee to Canada.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/alask...em-alaska.html

That's all I can figure out; he's a bit tough to follow.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:09 PM

324 posts, read 714,520 times
28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima

From a previous journey compared to this year: The ocean is broken | Newcastle Herald

Old 10-28-2013, 01:12 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
I have noticed that my Hawaiian tan is sticking around much longer this year!
Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Old 10-28-2013, 05:46 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I started glowing in the dark last month, but it comes in handy so I didn't complain....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-28-2013, 07:03 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,512,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawknest View Post
It all makes sense now.... The author of the article/website, is SELLING his new book !

I will skip the paranoia discussions.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:24 PM

324 posts, read 714,520 times
Fukushima 2020: Will Japan be able to keep the nuclear situation under control? | The Japan Times

Old 11-10-2013, 04:18 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Here's NOAA's update on the threat from Japanese debris...

Quote:
No 'island' of tsunami debris floating toward U.S., NOAA says
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has been doing some serious myth-busting after news reports this week claimed a massive island of debris from the 2011 Japan tsunami was headed for the U.S. West Coast.

One problem: There is no floating mass of debris.

No 'island' of tsunami debris floating toward U.S., NOAA says - latimes.com

Old 12-14-2013, 07:03 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
Uh, the ocean is already contaminated w/ mercury, and there is a LOT less of that than the radioactive water that is being dumped into the ocean in Japan. In fact, everyone, and I mean everyone, agrees that you should not eat more than a can or two of tuna a month. Mercury poisoning is real, and it will never, ever go away if you get it. It's cumulative. Does anyone here understand that radioactive waste, being heavy, will sit on the ocean floor for many thousands of years? Anything and everything that is in contact w/ that, and is eaten by other fish/crabs/etc, will then be radioactive, and be taken up the food chain. Radioactive poisoning is also cumulative. You do not have to contaminate the entire ocean, you only have to contaminate the ocean floor and sea creatures on the bottom of the food chain. There is a total news blackout by the Japanese government of what's happening in Japan. They do not have enough people to do much of anything. After a few stints at "clean up", these workers have reached their maximum safe exposure to radiation and cannot go back in there. Forever. The Japanese have refused offers of international assistance, even though they are woefully unable to contain this ongoing international disaster. That old Asian saving face thing in all likelihood. The Japanese mafia is recruiting homeless people to go in there and help w/ the clean up, many on what are essentially suicide missions. Nearly all of these poor unfortunate and desperate people do not even have radiation monitors, and are being lied to about the dangers. This is an ongoing disaster that is going to get much, much worse than any nuclear disaster in history. They have absolutely no real plan to deal w/ this, and if things go from bad to worse, there are plans being made to evacuate Tokyo. I mean, get some reality folks. 20 minutes of exposure to the latest crack that has opened is fatal. Not dangerous, fatal.

This totally reminds me of climate change denial, and we see where that one went! Ok, no problem brah. Just hit that smoke a few more times, all betta. Right! Uh huh. Do some research. All these scientists that are toeing the company line and saying relax, it's OK, they're the same ones that said nuclear energy is safe, and something like this could never happen. I personally know someone, a highly educated Japanese professional, who has already moved themselves and their family from Japan to Canada because they are convinced that things are out of control there, that the Japanese government is lying to it's citizens about the reality of the situation, and they refuse to put their children's lives at risk. Giving up their career and starting over was a no brainer to them. Notice how the US media has also been told to shut up and roll over? Keep the proles distracted w/ Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus while Rome burns. There is an almost total US news blackout as well. But the truth is out there, you just have to search for it. They KNOW that the California coastline will be hit w/ radiation (they estimate within two years, I think much sooner than that), how could Hawaii not be? Yes, the currents are different, but it's gonna happen.

Last edited by smarino; 12-14-2013 at 07:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: