Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 07:21 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times

Advertisements

I am recuperating from my June 4th surgery. I am still dealing with some pain but I have no regret. My right leg was actually a 1/2 inch shorter than my left and was adjusted during the surgery. PRP or Stem Cell Therapy would have not fixed that. Doctor also said my hip joint was a complete mess. I will be out of work another 3 weeks but it is well worth it.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:47 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am recuperating from my June 4th surgery. I am still dealing with some pain but I have no regret. My right leg was actually a 1/2 inch shorter than my left and was adjusted during the surgery. PRP or Stem Cell Therapy would have not fixed that. Doctor also said my hip joint was a complete mess. I will be out of work another 3 weeks but it is well worth it.
Good luck, lots of rehab is needed and I'm sure you know that.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:36 AM

92 posts, read 131,356 times
Was looking into this. I'm from the MA area. I keep hearing accounts of this healing people and really helping their joint pain.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/marc-darrow...les-3?start=40

Found this guy on yelp and his reviews seem excellent.

I have tendinitis/osteoarthritis in my knees and at a young age. Would love for this treatment to give me my life back.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC1203 View Post
Was looking into this. I'm from the MA area. I keep hearing accounts of this healing people and really helping their joint pain.

I have tendinitis/osteoarthritis in my knees and at a young age. Would love for this treatment to give me my life back.
The only way one will know is IF they try it. Spend the money and hope your treatments work for you. I had the original prolo in shoulder over 10 yrs and got 3 yrs of pain FREE shoulder. I'd love to do it again but dragging my feet and the sports MD who did my shoulder work moved out of the area and he was so fair priced.

I found a new MD who is a bit less $$$ than Darrow so my mind is with him right now.

Don't know if I'll be alive if and when the insurance world helps us with these.

I posted a link for workers across the country and I'm sure there were some in MA.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Lightbulb going off just now. Surgeries and replacements give other industries work: rehabs, medical devices, drugs, PT/OT and why would the medical industrial complex want to reduce these. PRP/Stem Cells if done properly and more and more could do them with the help of insurance industry, a lot of the above would be reduced.

There will always be needs for the above but less if the "elective" surgeries were reduced.

Some here are very against PRP/Stem Cells but I am not but just don't have ENOUGH funds to do them Properly, and often one would need 3 sessions or so. One normally doesn't do it, but can depending on the degree of damage.

Just more of MY thinking on this huge medical complex.

I'm seeing a ortho sports MD next week and he's from the "new" school and does PRP and I think Stem Cells too and could have been taught this work by Dr. Darrow at UCLA.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:

Should have added more to my recent post...don't discount it folks:

https://www.healio.com/orthopedics/s...are-on-the-way

Old 08-12-2018, 10:03 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Should have added more to my recent post...don't discount it folks:

https://www.healio.com/orthopedics/s...are-on-the-way
From the link:

"Perhaps the most common sentiment regarding platelet-rich plasma (PRP), however, is that it simply should not be marketed as a miracle drug.

“'The way it is making news right now is as a cure-all for everything, which is just not reasonable,' Freddie H. Fu, MD, DSc, DPs(Hon), Orthopaedics Today Europe Editorial Board member, said.

Although other clinicians in his office use PRP to treat tendonitis and some muscle injuries, Fu said he does not use PRP in his sports medicine practice."

Old 08-12-2018, 10:56 AM

Just thinking about this "Regenerative Medicine"...and I think about it a lot.

If it's good enough for the athletes and MANY are using it today and have been, here in the U.S. and Europe...

Why not for the average Joe and Mary? Due to the complexity of medical complex and insurance, that is why.

We've been for probably 30-40 yrs a medical world of drugs and surgery and that helps for a while and many still suffer in spite of the drugs and surgery.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:02 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just thinking about this "Regenerative Medicine"...and I think about it a lot.

If it's good enough for the athletes and MANY are using it today and have been, here in the U.S. and Europe...

Why not for the average Joe and Mary? Due to the complexity of medical complex and insurance, that is why.

We've been for probably 30-40 yrs a medical world of drugs and surgery and that helps for a while and many still suffer in spite of the drugs and surgery.
Joe and Mary can get this procedure, nothing stopping them.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Joe and Mary can get this procedure, nothing stopping them.
Oh yes they can but many cannot due to costs for the regular joe and mary. You don't get what I'm talking about? What joe and mary can do is drugs and surgery as insurance covers that work and the damage done from them. I'm that mary and live with damage from surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness