Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 02:23 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I just did a search: Are orthopedic surgeons now offering PRP and Stem Cells and amazing how many now are:

PRP & Stem Cell Therapy Colorado Springs | Office of Brad D. Dresher MD

Knee and Hip - Sarasota Orthopedic Surgeon, PRP, Stem Cell Transplants - Dr. William Bennett

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2017-...eb14785992.htm

https://www.orthoknox.com/orthopedic...ll-injections/

The above is just a few, I can only imagine how many orotho MD's are now offering this work.

BD: Maybe some day you will "buy" into this work.
There are some who will sell patients what they want even if it does not work. It is a cash business. $$$ you know.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:38 PM

674 posts, read 608,787 times
I am going to open me up a stem cell clinic and start raking in the money... There are enough scientifically-naive people who would believe anything that I'd never run out of marks, er, patients.

On a more serious note, here is a NPR article on FDA's recent crack down on stem cell clinics:
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ved-treatments

Old 08-12-2018, 03:15 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nccoast View Post
I am going to open me up a stem cell clinic and start raking in the money... There are enough scientifically-naive people who would believe anything that I'd never run out of marks, er, patients.

On a more serious note, here is a NPR article on FDA's recent crack down on stem cell clinics:
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ved-treatments
Believe what you will...PT's have a significant place in our medical world, BUT it's true if less surgeries and rehabs were done PT's would have less work.

I'm thinking about the misery so many go thru with all these surgeries, and many elective.

I spent 4.5 months in hospital/rehabs and met MANY PT's and worked with them and they got me walking again after the mess of infection was cleaned up, but my issues all got worse when hip was removed and replaced in 2010. So so many people struggling to walk after so many elective invasive surgeries.

It all depends on where "we come from" right?

Old 08-12-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There are some who will sell patients what they want even if it does not work. It is a cash business. $$$ you know.
It's not invasive and they do work. I talked about 10 yrs ago with Prolo and my shoulder and 3 yrs of pain free shoulder. Both shoulders were injured from a lot of exercise work but I know I was helped when I first came in contact with Prolo about 10 yrs back.

Why wouldn't people want to have healing and not go thru so much pain.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
It's not invasive and they do work. I talked about 10 yrs ago with Prolo and my shoulder and 3 yrs of pain free shoulder. Both shoulders were injured from a lot of exercise work but I know I was helped when I first came in contact with Prolo about 10 yrs back.

Why wouldn't people want to have healing and not go thru so much pain.
If it involves an injection into a joint, it is invasive.

You got better. The question is whether you would have gotten better without it or with standard PT.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
If it involves an injection into a joint, it is invasive.

You got better. The question is whether you would have gotten better without it or with standard PT.
It's NOT cutting the body, taking out parts and replacing them with plastic and metal.

I'm walking but I've been thru H and live with a mess from the 2010 surgery.

If it's invasive in your mind, so are all the injections you love.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
It's NOT cutting the body, taking out parts and replacing them with plastic and metal.

I'm walking but I've been thru H and live with a mess from the 2010 surgery.

If it's invasive in your mind, so are all the injections you love.
Yep, any injection is invasive, but an injection into a joint is more so.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Yep, any injection is invasive, but an injection into a joint is more so.
And they are MOSTLY around the joint, if you look at the videos I posted in The Prolotherapy History, you will see where they are injected. But your mind is very closed to this work so I'm sure you won't look. Someone healing from this work is so far fetched for so many here.

And if you think everyone walking into a surgeon's office is chomping at the bit for surgery, think again. There is a whole world of those very fearful and not wanting to do them once or again.

I've talked about 3 yrs of pain free shoulder help from Prolo but I'm ignored and who cares anyway. I do and that's why I post about this work. I don't make things up...I talk truth about the positive and negatives that I've dealt with...and I know YOU don't care.

The pharma people only talk about the greatness of their pharma world.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
And they are MOSTLY around the joint, if you look at the videos I posted in The Prolotherapy History, you will see where they are injected. But your mind is very closed to this work so I'm sure you won't look. Someone healing from this work is so far fetched for so many here.

And if you think everyone walking into a surgeon's office is chomping at the bit for surgery, think again. There is a whole world of those very fearful and not wanting to do them once or again.

I've talked about 3 yrs of pain free shoulder help from Prolo but I'm ignored and who cares anyway. I do and that's why I post about this work. I don't make things up...I talk truth about the positive and negatives that I've dealt with...and I know YOU don't care.

The pharma people only talk about the greatness of their pharma world.
It does not matter whether they are injected into the joint or "all the way to the bone". It is still invasive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE-foSHmFow

Your personal experience does not mean that it works. For all you know, you would have gotten better with no treatment at all. The reason that prolotherapy is not mainstream is because there is no convincing evidence that it is better than placebo injections, and injections have a very high placebo response.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:32 PM

674 posts, read 608,787 times
Quote:
I spent 4.5 months in hospital/rehabs and met MANY PT's and worked with them and they got me walking again after the mess of infection was cleaned up, but my issues all got worse when hip was removed and replaced in 2010. So so many people struggling to walk after so many elective invasive surgeries.
The problem with your line of reasoning, and it has been pointed out to you countless times, is that you take a few isolated incidents and generalize them to encompass the entire population. You ignore independent studies, or just common sense observation, of facts that run contrary to your opinion.

I mean this in the kindest way possible, but you have no training in the sciences - at least it doesn't show in your writings.

I claim no special knowledge in the field of nautical sailing. So I do not pontificate about how to sail or who makes the best sailboats. "A person has got to know his/her limitations", with apologies to Clint Eastwood/Harry Calahan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness