Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:45 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,386,360 times

Advertisements

Can be as simple as candida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 10:51 PM

75 posts, read 36,214 times
hemmerhoids are helped with sitz baths. Hot and cold on the affected area. Those things they give to babies when they teeth, you put them in the freezer. You can use one of them. Then sit in a hot bath. Different temperatures may reduce the hemmorhoids.

Get a mirror and sit with your legs apart. Relax and push slightly. If hemmerhoids appear, then you know you have them. Diet makes a huge difference in whether these flare up. Good luck

Old 01-13-2019, 10:58 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
I have/had hemorrhoids. Take it from me. I tried the creams years ago. Hated them. They are messy/nasty and really weren't effective.

So I went to the library and started reading up on nutrition.

It turns out that you can pretty easily make hemorrhoids go away by:

--Avoiding dairy. Nothing will make your butt itch more than cheese, yogurt, etc. I don't know about milk, because I don't drink milk, but I assume it's the same.

--Avoiding pasta/noodles. I don't completely stay away from pasta, but I do keep it to a minimum. Anything that absorbs water in your body will have a hard time coming out and it exacerbates hemorrhoids.

--Eating fruits/veggies of your choices. I find broccoli to be one of the best possible foods for your digestive tract. But there are many others. Apples, oranges, & strawberries are also good. Almost any fruit/vegetable will be good for hemorrhoids except for maybe one: bananas. They absorb moisture, so they can constipate you, which aggravates hemorrhoids. I still eat bananas from time to time, but not every day.

--Oatmeal is also great. You can sweeten it with your favorite fruit. I know I just said avoid bananas, but sometimes I even use bananas because they're easy to chop up. I think oranges are better, but the occasional banana is fine. But don't buy the instant. Buy either the steel cut or the old fashioned. They really don't take that much longer to cook than the instant ones and they're better for you.

--Beans and lentils of any kind are also good. Excellent for your general health as well as hemorrhoids.

--I'm not great at avoiding processed foods like chips (of any kind), etc. At least for me, it wasn't essential to avoid them to eliminate hemorrhoids, but they're low fiber foods, so they really don't help much. And we all know they're not good for us.

--Drink water and other non sugary beverages. Try tea (no sugar added) with lemon if you don't like water.

--Also, this isn't absolutely essential, but try intermittent fasting. I try to have at least one day per week where I eat a totally healthy diet the day before I start the fast, then I'll go 12-24 hours with just water. I try to do it once a week, but it often ends up being once a month. It's very good for your overall health, but can also help with hemorrhoids if you eat no processed foods and fruit/veggies/legumes the day before. Just having water only for 12-24 hours is also great for your digestive system and hemorrhoids.

If you do the above, I think you'll find relief from hemorrhoids within 3 days, usually a lot sooner.

The easiest, fastest, and most effective change for me was avoiding dairy, followed by getting some type of high fiber fruit or vegetables every day. As I said, broccoli is my go to food whenever I have hemorrhoids.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:50 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
I am 34 years old and I went to the GI doctor a few years ago and told him my symptoms which is my butt itching and blood on toilet tissue sometimes. He said he think it’s hemmoroids and he gave me cream for itching and cream for pain. The cream helped

Fast forward to now I went to another doctor because of the same symptoms and he said he wants to do a colonoscopy. He tried to put his finger in my butt but I couldn’t handle it so he said he’ll do a colonoscopy. I wind up eating the day before the colonoscopy so I couldn’t get the test done. Plus I was nervous about the test and don’t really want to do it anyway.

The main symptom that is bothering the most is the itching anus. I can be walking down the street and it start itching. I also sometimes have stomach pain too.

My parents were shocked that the doctor asked me to do a colonoscopy at my age. The 1st doctor said it’s hemmorroids but this 2nd doctor wanted to do a colonoscopy to make sure it’s that.

My question is what should I do? Does anyone here think it’s hemmorroids based on my symptoms? Could it be something else? Do I really need a colonoscopy
It is 'roids. It is so common in life that everybody has had this problem innumerable times over lifespan and it usually goes away a couple to few days later.

The problem originates from straining to have a BM as well from the runs and sitting in one spot for long periods. If you get your bowels moving normally you won't have this problem, for sure. Use a cushion on the seat of where you sit. Take some Metamucil in water every morning. Eat about 3/4 cup of plain bran flakes and milk once a day like a snack. In short increase fiber. A few prunes or a glass of prune juice is also effective. Perhaps you need to increase the amount of vegetables and fruit in your diet.

If you really bunged up take a moderate laxative containing to start things off bisacodyl, a gentle bowel stimulant. Hopefully that will move things along, evacuate, and then you can keep it going with the change in your diet.
If the runs are more your problem take an OTC containing loperamide

For relief of the symptoms, dab instead of wipe, clean thoroughly by running water from a gentle shower or bath over the area. Apply Hemorrhoid cream.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:02 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,548 times
Everyone says roids because that's all they know...look up anal fissures...just put petroleum jelly on when completely clean and after a few days it will go away. You may have to apply it multiple times a day but be sure to clean with mild soap and plenty of water before you do so you do not trap bacteria in. The petroleum jelly will also offer almost instant relief as well.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:25 AM

23,278 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
I am 34 years old and I went to the GI doctor a few years ago and told him my symptoms which is my butt itching and blood on toilet tissue sometimes. He said he think it’s hemmoroids and he gave me cream for itching and cream for pain. The cream helped

Fast forward to now I went to another doctor because of the same symptoms and he said he wants to do a colonoscopy. He tried to put his finger in my butt but I couldn’t handle it so he said he’ll do a colonoscopy. I wind up eating the day before the colonoscopy so I couldn’t get the test done. Plus I was nervous about the test and don’t really want to do it anyway.
Ever heard of Occam's Razor? The principle that "the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one."

This is a common complaint with a very common cause behind it. Why not do what it takes to treat and eliminate the most likely cause first? You did try the simplest treatment and got relief right? Why not follow up and deal with it if it keeps recurring? Changes in diet help a lot. Keep track of when it occurs. There may be a simple pattern to it you can figure out so you can avoid it again.

Your doctor suggested a colonoscopy because you also have intestinal pain. Who cares what your parents think? Its not their problem and they are not gastroenterologists. Your age is just a number. Don't you want to find out that you are actually healthy? What is the anxiety of avoiding it doing for you? No one wants to do this test, but it can easily discover a lot...including that there's nothing wrong. Finding out you do not have a serious problem is worth a lot. Man up and get it over with. It takes a day and is nothing.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:47 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times
Get the colonoscopy. If you have interior hemorrhoids the Dr. can usually just remove them at that time.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:22 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,695,368 times
Sounds like OP got hemmies. Add more fiber to your diet and don't strain when relieving yourself.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:41 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,385,101 times
The 'stomach' pain (it could be small bowel or colon actually) plus anal itching plus blood on TP also raises the possibility of inflammatory bowel disease (like Crohn's or ulcerative colitis).
I really would get the colonoscopy to make sure.
Yes, it COULD be hemorrhoids, anal fissure, fungal infection, monkey butt....but wouldn't you like to find out for sure and get the proper treatment?

Old 01-14-2019, 06:00 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I have/had hemorrhoids. Take it from me. I tried the creams years ago. Hated them. They are messy/nasty and really weren't effective.

So I went to the library and started reading up on nutrition.

It turns out that you can pretty easily make hemorrhoids go away by:

--Avoiding dairy. Nothing will make your butt itch more than cheese, yogurt, etc. I don't know about milk, because I don't drink milk, but I assume it's the same.

--Avoiding pasta/noodles. I don't completely stay away from pasta, but I do keep it to a minimum. Anything that absorbs water in your body will have a hard time coming out and it exacerbates hemorrhoids.

--Eating fruits/veggies of your choices. I find broccoli to be one of the best possible foods for your digestive tract. But there are many others. Apples, oranges, & strawberries are also good. Almost any fruit/vegetable will be good for hemorrhoids except for maybe one: bananas. They absorb moisture, so they can constipate you, which aggravates hemorrhoids. I still eat bananas from time to time, but not every day.

--Oatmeal is also great. You can sweeten it with your favorite fruit. I know I just said avoid bananas, but sometimes I even use bananas because they're easy to chop up. I think oranges are better, but the occasional banana is fine. But don't buy the instant. Buy either the steel cut or the old fashioned. They really don't take that much longer to cook than the instant ones and they're better for you.

--Beans and lentils of any kind are also good. Excellent for your general health as well as hemorrhoids.

--I'm not great at avoiding processed foods like chips (of any kind), etc. At least for me, it wasn't essential to avoid them to eliminate hemorrhoids, but they're low fiber foods, so they really don't help much. And we all know they're not good for us.

--Drink water and other non sugary beverages. Try tea (no sugar added) with lemon if you don't like water.

--Also, this isn't absolutely essential, but try intermittent fasting. I try to have at least one day per week where I eat a totally healthy diet the day before I start the fast, then I'll go 12-24 hours with just water. I try to do it once a week, but it often ends up being once a month. It's very good for your overall health, but can also help with hemorrhoids if you eat no processed foods and fruit/veggies/legumes the day before. Just having water only for 12-24 hours is also great for your digestive system and hemorrhoids.

If you do the above, I think you'll find relief from hemorrhoids within 3 days, usually a lot sooner.

The easiest, fastest, and most effective change for me was avoiding dairy, followed by getting some type of high fiber fruit or vegetables every day. As I said, broccoli is my go to food whenever I have hemorrhoids.
What you propose is a generally healthy diet. From what I've seen and read about this is anti-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness