Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 03:30 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,401 times

Advertisements

I prefer bagging my own anyhow. Less human contact, the better. It's been that way for me long before this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 03:48 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I prefer bagging my own anyhow. Less human contact, the better. It's been that way for me long before this.
I like to bag my own anyway just because most baggers do a crummy job - putting just a couple items in a bag...or overstuffing them...or splitting the frozen items up among a bunch of bags, or unnecessarily double-bagging EVERYTHING, etc. So, just one more reason to be self-sufficient.

Old 03-28-2020, 03:52 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post

I prefer to bag as well. If possible, I will look for the lane without a bagger. It’s way more organized and easy to unload if I do it myself.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:25 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Old woman on supermarket line placed her bags on the belt for the cashier to bag. Coronavirus or not, wash those bags, or throw them out. No wonder states have stopped their bans on single use plastic bags.

What really impressed me was the gloved cashier's reaction. After the woman left, cashier disinfected the belt. She then removed her gloves according to the procedure under Universal Precautions, then put them in plastic grocery bag, tied the bag, and placed that bag in the trash. Cashier then sanitized her own hands before putting on a fresh pair of gloves. Took some time for her do this, but that is what needs to be done.

Did the supermarket teach her to do this? Does the general public now wearing their own gloves know this?
Certain people were stirring the pot for years about plastic bags. Now they have their idealistic way.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:45 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
If you are afraid of your shopping bags, by no means should you be going around touching worse offenders like credit card machines, doors, or the products on the shelves.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:50 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,872,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
The world is filled with "germs."

We can do all of the preventative stuff we can think of, but we do not have x-ray vision - and we cannot think of everything - so that one TOXIC doorknob, that one POISONOUS grocery bag . . . OMG - THE SKY IS FALLING! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!
Repped!

Germs are everywhere, that's a fact. We share this sorry excuse for a planet with more creatures than just cuddly puppies and fluffy kittens. We got wasps. Cockroaches. Mold. Salmonella. This overhyped flu bug. The most we can do is wash our hands often, cook meat to 165*F, keep our immune system in good shape, and not worry too much.

At the rate we're going, our lives will be like a ZX Spectrum video game. That means you gotta be paranoidly careful, because touching any surface instantly kills you. And you gotta "socially distance" from all other moving objects onscreen, because those instantly kill you too. Dang it, that's no way to live!

Unfortunately, most of us rational thinkers will get crucified for saying this.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 03-28-2020 at 08:01 PM..

Old 03-28-2020, 08:01 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I tried the reusable bags, but one day I open one up to put my groceries and the smell of mold was overwhelming. I suppose one could run through a wash cycle, but if the purpose of using the bag was the environment wouldn't this be a waste of water.
Mine have never gotten moldy, what the heck were you doing with them that allowed mold to grow??

Also, just throw them in with your regular laundry, how is that a waste of water??

Old 03-28-2020, 08:05 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,872,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Mine have never gotten moldy, what the heck were you doing with them that allowed mold to grow??
Mold needs water to grow. If your reusable bags have mold inside, it means you (generic "you") allowed water to sit there. And water can come from produce or meat packages sweating on the outside. So after unbagging your groceries, you gotta air out the bag by hanging it in an open position.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:21 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,321,829 times
People are so scared of germs and judging others by reusing plastic bags. Why are they not scared to kiss someone's mouth and tongue and have sex?

I hope at this time not many people who are so upset about that they have to practice social distancing in public, and they feel bored, and they have more sex at home when they have a chance… and one year later, the statistic shows the population has increased.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:26 PM

12,385 posts, read 8,144,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post
People are so scared of germs and judging others by reuse plastic bags. Why are they not scared to kiss someone's mouth and tongue and have sex?

I hope at this time many people who are so upset about that they have to practice social distancing, and they feel bored, and they have more sex at home when they have a chance… and one year later, the statistic shows the population has increased.
They are scared now.

Stay healthy is the new greeting of society
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness