Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 04:44 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,376,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
That is the one, if you search Ben Stein covid vaccine on youtube, they scrubbed it from the results. As such, other people are re-posting it.

Apparently the youtube and google people arent on the same page.
The video was originally on twitter and is still there - https://twitter.com/benstein1944/sta...68217239511041 - note that he says still glad he got the shot.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:32 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
If I were President I would push for legislation that says "If you don't vaccinate and you then get Covid-19, your health insurance company will not pay for your treatment, it will come out of your own pocket or you die."

If you "don't believe in" the virus, fine, put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise, get the vaccine and help your fellow Americans defeat this pandemic we are "AT WAR" with!
I agree, with the caveat that people who medically should not get vaccinated don't lose their benefits. I would almost like to see a similar rule made for cigarette smokers. People who self-inflict harm should not be able to pass the costs along to society.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:40 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I agree, with the caveat that people who medically should not get vaccinated don't lose their benefits. I would almost like to see a similar rule made for cigarette smokers. People who self-inflict harm should not be able to pass the costs along to society.
This then should apply to everyone who does anything remotely harmful to themselves which results in injury or illness and therefore why should insurance exist at all? Fell off your house working on your roof? too bad so sad shouldnt have been up there. Broke your leg roller blading oh well shouldnt do that its not safe. Have a heart attack? Well i guess you shouldnt have eaten all that butter.

You cant disallow medical care to people who pay for it simply because you disagree with their choices. I pay for my insurance. I dont get government subsidies or government healthcare. My insurance paid for my testing when I got COVID.

My husband's appointment for his vaccine was cancelled for no reason with no option to reschedule despite the fact that he has liver disease.

I had covid and I want someone to give me a fancy card that says I have antibodies and dont need their vaccine to move about the world.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:49 AM

5,987 posts, read 3,727,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
This then should apply to everyone who does anything remotely harmful to themselves which results in injury or illness and therefore why should insurance exist at all? Fell off your house working on your roof? too bad so sad shouldnt have been up there. Broke your leg roller blading oh well shouldnt do that its not safe. Have a heart attack? Well i guess you shouldnt have eaten all that butter.

You cant disallow medical care to people who pay for it simply because you disagree with their choices. I pay for my insurance. I dont get government subsidies or government healthcare. My insurance paid for my testing when I got COVID.

My husband's appointment for his vaccine was cancelled for no reason with no option to reschedule despite the fact that he has liver disease.

I had covid and I want someone to give me a fancy card that says I have antibodies and dont need their vaccine to move about the world.
Yep. Tried to give you a rep on this one, but the board says I have to pass it around a bit more.

It's amazing the number of people who advocate for imposing their views on someone else without stopping to think where that type of action leads to.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:59 AM

5,987 posts, read 3,727,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Two people out of 1,000 is a lot.
No one said that anyone should be denied access to the vaccine. If someone wants to take the vaccine, that's their choice. Then, if the vaccine is as effective and you and some others seem to think it is, it will likely protect them.

My objection is to the view that getting the vaccine should be mandatory for everyone. Not everyone has the same risk factors. And in spite of what some people say, taking the vaccine is not a risk free endeavor.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:20 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
No one said that anyone should be denied access to the vaccine. If someone wants to take the vaccine, that's their choice. Then, if the vaccine is as effective and you and some others seem to think it is, it will likely protect them.

My objection is to the view that getting the vaccine should be mandatory for everyone. Not everyone has the same risk factors. And in spite of what some people say, taking the vaccine is not a risk free endeavor.
Unvaccinated people provide a reservoir for the virus that allows it to keep circulating. That means that mitigation procedures will remain in place. If you do not want the vaccine to be mandatory and you want to be able to stop wearing a mask then stop discouraging other people from taking the vaccine, which is orders of magnitude less risky than COVID-19.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:56 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Or you could just eat healthy anti-inflammatory foods, supplement Vitamin D (10,000 IU a day either by sun or supplement), move your backside around a bit (some form of exercise), and take your chances with the virus.

Given some recent suspicious deaths and other rare side effects, Im not sure which one would really stack up to be more dangerous over the long haul.

Sorry, but it needed to be said. Im willing to let my mask go. I know I have my other bases covered, and it would be a shame to have the virus and be asymptomatic just to turn around and get the vaccine and be suspiciously symptomatic or even suspiciously dead.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:32 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,903,941 times
It is because the CDC wants to remain relevant, create doubt and fear and the sheep will still look to them for guidance years from now!

Old 03-16-2021, 09:33 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
If you got covid, you should have natural immunity for some period of time. I don't even know why people who recently had covid were eligible for the vaccines. Makes no sense.

Where I went they don't even ask you that question.

Old 03-16-2021, 09:35 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Insurance companies are allowed to charge smokers 50% more for premiums.

What about other self-inflicted harms? Why can't insurance companies charge more for those? Such as people who eat processed meats which are in the same carcinogenic class as cigarettes? People who consume alcohol which the body breaks down into acetaldehyde, a toxin known to damage DNA? People who are overweight or obese? Drug addicts or drug abusers, both legal and illegal?

What about the 49% of Americans who have underlying chronic illnesses linked to diet and other lifestyle factors? These are the people most likely to be negatively impacted by the virus.

There would be very little demand for insurance if no one self-inflicted harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.