Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:00 AM

169 posts, read 1,085,133 times

Advertisements

My stomach is just ripped to shreds!
I have diarreah, bloating and gas at least 2 times a week.
Occasionaly my side will hurt.....but it just seems everything I
eat causes at least one of these symptoms and sometimes all!
I even cut alcohol out of my system, dont drink at all, not a drop
for more than 18 months.......but I am still getting these symptoms.
No spicy foods, dont use alot of butter or grease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 07:58 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,670,985 times
The gallbladder is part of the digestive system. It stores bile so it can breakdown fats. See if eating fatty foods affects your symptoms. There's research to suggest that eating alot of refined foods (white bread, sugar, etc.) can contribute to gall bladder problems, too.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,853 times
I would go to the Dr. It may be gallbladder, but you need to get it checked out.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,190,540 times
Quote:
Can Gallstones cause digestion problems
Yes. They can also kill you, if a gallstone tries to pass and gets stuck in your bile duct. That happened to me and my gallbladder almost exploded. Luckily the stone finally got dislodged and passed. It was the most painful thing I ever experienced at that point. I could feel my gallbladder spasming so hard and fast it felt like it was about to explode as it was trying to push the stone through. It felt like a heart attack but in the gallbladder area instead of the heart area - and the doctors told me that a stone passing and getting stuck thus causing a gallbladder attack is somewhat similar to a heart attack, and as painful. I believe that, after experiencing that kind of pain.

Go see a doctor.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:07 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,890,225 times
Yes, go see a doc. You never know what is causing your symptoms. May not be gb problems, and you will know after a visit to the medical men.

I had gall bladder probs and the doctors in the UK suggested I get it removed, but I have done some (quite a few, 10-12maybe) liver flushes and a few fasts and it seems to be under control without being removed.

From what I read, gall bladder removal does not appear to stop gall stones being made in the future.
The only thing is that you do not have the gb there for them to get stuck in. However, there are many tubes in the liver that bile can build up.

It seems that people who have their gb removed have to watch their diet ever after because their body cannot process as much oil/fat as it could with a gb which used to be a resevoir of bile for the body.

Liver flushes are prety scary and the doctors will tell you how dangerous it is if the stones get stuck. It IS dangerous if the stone gets stuck after the pancreatic duct because the pancreatic enzyme will digest the pancreas if it backs up because the tube is blocked. This can cause death.

On the other hand there are plenty of people who have got stones of over an inch in size (with photos to prove it) out of their gb by using liver flushes successfully. So it is an option for anyone with gb problems. It is not for everyone of course. curezone.com has forums on just about everything.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,903,831 times
Just had my gallbladder removed 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I went to the doctor for something else and mentioned, "oh, every now and then I get a little acid reflux in my throat. Not too bad really and never wakes me up or anything. I can eat mild food and it bothers me and food that is set your butt on fire and it does not bother me.". They checked my blood actually for an infection you can get in your stomach if you have taken too many meds that eat away the lining of your stomach. No symptoms of bowel problems at all though with me and have not heard of that really with gallbladder or gallstones. Most symptoms are acid reflux. Blood work came back something was wrong w/ my gallbladder so they sent me for an ultrasound to check for stones. That is ALL that is needed to see if you have stones so it is REALLY EASY to find out if that is your problem. Two days before I was scheduled to do the ultrasound I had an attack. I've known others as well as my own mother that have had their gallbladder removed and called my mom, "what does it feel like". It does feel like a heart attack. Right at the bottom of my bra going straight across from right to left and then up my left side of my chest it HURT. I could not breath well either. With each breath I tried to take it pulled tighter. This lasted for about 5 hours. Since I already knew I was having gallbladder problems I did not go to the ER (hubby wanted to take me and I just wanted to go home). Did the ultrasound and was cleared of not having stones. Went the next day for the radiation tests to see if my gallbladder was working. If it is NOT working when they do one of the tests it will hurt and make you sick feeling. Sure enough that was it. Had it out the next week. Been fine ever since. I'm not on any special diet either. Went to Disney World last week and did just fine. Nothing bothers me anymore like it did before.

Schedule an appointment with your doctor. Doesn't sound like your gallbladder at all though. Are you lactose intolerant? I am. Cut out all dairy products and see if that helps. Dairy can be VERY HARD to digest. I can take Lactaid and drink milk and not have any of the stomach bloating, gas, upset stomach, etc. If you are lactose intolerant it can tear up your stomach pretty good.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:03 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,277,733 times
Go have it checked out. Like already said it could be anything. Even colon cancer. If it is gallstones you can soften them for passing by eating apples and drinking apple juice. Chanca piedra is a herb that breaks them up. Once you start to feel comfortable add olive oil in your diet to aid out flushing.
Avoid low fat diets, crash diets, fasting, obesity, hormone birth control etc. because it will create gallstones.
Gallstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Start keeping a food diary to take with you to your doctors too.Note intake/reactions, times of both.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:37 PM

169 posts, read 1,085,133 times
Yes, I do have lactose problems......more than one cup of milk will put me on the toilet for the whole day. YUP.......got nice BIG gallstones, had my ultrasound.
My gallbladder is not inflamed, but they reccomend I get it removed, anyways.
THANKS EVERYONE
Im going to have my hubby take some time off, so I can go in and have it done after Chrsitmas..I got three kids, one is only 5 months old....so I gotta juggle things around before I can go in.
CANCER........hmmmnn, well I had a bunch of blood test, one specifically looking for cancer cells....so I think Im Ok on that part.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:34 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,903,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Mommy View Post
Yes, I do have lactose problems......more than one cup of milk will put me on the toilet for the whole day. YUP.......got nice BIG gallstones, had my ultrasound.
My gallbladder is not inflamed, but they reccomend I get it removed, anyways.
THANKS EVERYONE
Im going to have my hubby take some time off, so I can go in and have it done after Chrsitmas..I got three kids, one is only 5 months old....so I gotta juggle things around before I can go in.
CANCER........hmmmnn, well I had a bunch of blood test, one specifically looking for cancer cells....so I think Im Ok on that part.

Well, at least now you know what it is. I had laproscopic surgery for my gallbladder removal. In and out in one day. It was really pretty easy. The worst part was for the first few days only being able to lie on your back. I had worse lower back pain than I did for the incisions on the front side. The hard part for you is going to be the NOT lifting for AT LEAST A WEEK with the baby!!! Do NOT kid yourself on that. I had surgery on Wednesday and took it easy. On Monday I went and did my normal grocery shopping and laundry on Tuesday. I felt it on Wednesday. Even my surgeon said the same thing. He felt after 4 days he was ready to go back to work and felt fine for those 2 days and then it hits. You really do have to take the ENTIRE WEEK to heal before you jump in head first. One of my friends had to have hers removed after a trip to the emergency room. She thought something else and on the ER trips everyone I know ends up in the hospital for several days. She had twin babies at home at the time. She did say that was pretty rough to recoup from.

If you have any questions about the surgery fire away. It is all still pretty fresh in my memory. LOL!!! But hey, I just got back from Disney World last week and did FINE! No problems at all .

Old 12-11-2008, 11:41 AM

687 posts, read 2,953,583 times
Did a search and found this thread....sounds like I'm a prime candidate.
Last couple of weeks, belching, burping. Alot! Pain across my lower rib cage, some pain in my left front shoulder, been having lower back pain for several weeks. After I eat feel nausious, burping alleviates it some, but returns when I lay down. Drinking coffee hurts, like bad heartburn. 56yr old male, high blood pressure. What'cha think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness