Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 12:07 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times

Advertisements

I just think it's BS that women have to deal with violently hemorrhaging out their vaginas every month.

No other animal goes through this. Some mammals can get a 'period', but it really is just that: a dot or two.

Whereas human females profusely gush out to the point where it looks like a miscarriage/organ degradation while curled up in a ball from searing pain.

When you think about it, it's actually pretty ****ed up.

Why must women accept this as normal, or even a condition of being a woman?

I guess females are intended to suffer, right? Because if men had to go through it, I bet there'd be much more urgency to find a non-hormonal/non-surgical cure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 01:38 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I just think it's BS that women have to deal with violently hemorrhaging out their vaginas every month.

No other animal goes through this. Some mammals can get a 'period', but it really is just that: a dot or two.

Whereas human females profusely gush out to the point where it looks like a miscarriage/organ degradation while curled up in a ball from searing pain.

When you think about it, it's actually pretty ****ed up.

Why must women accept this as normal, or even a condition of being a woman?

I guess females are intended to suffer, right? Because if men had to go through it, I bet there'd be much more urgency to find a non-hormonal/non-surgical cure.
There's a big difference between a period and a hemorrhage. I've hemorrhaged before. I'm actually happy every month that I have a normal period, even with several days of heavy bleeding and bad cramps, because I'm thankful that I'm not hemorrhaging again and that the bleeding I have can be contained with normal tampons and pads, that I don't have to put a trash bag on my car seat to make it to the ER, that I don't have to have a transfusion, that I don't stand up and have the blood just pour down my legs.

To me, a normal period is a sign that my body is working the right way.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:15 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
I think periods are pretty awesome. (Not only because it means I am not pregnant, lol. ) I do not use chemical birth controls, and am therefor in sync with the moon & in tune with mother nature herself. My moon time = a time to be gentle with myself, pamper myself, take hot baths, embrace my femininity, rest, reflect, and release any & all tensions, stressors, and negativity that has built up over the month. Yeah, I got all hippie-fied over the past year in regard to my womb, aka, my sacred space. That change of mind changed my life, 100%

Old 12-09-2014, 09:15 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,428,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I'm on Depo and didn't experience weight gain. I also increased my calcium and vitamin D intake on the advise of my doctor for the possible bone thinning.

Same here, I've been on depo for 13 years, have slight weight gain take extra calcium and vit D. I've had bone density scans and have no visible problems. My ob/gyn talked about taking me off because of my age (I'm 51) but agreed to keep me on it as it suits me and may even be lessening the effects of menopause.

At 16 periods are always a pain, they disrupt your sports and social life and seem icky. The problem is your body is still maturing so the chances of any doctor agreeing to a hysterectomy is slim to none. Look at your contraceptive options and maybe wait a few years until you make such a serious decision.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,176 times
I don't think anyone should tell this young woman that she is too young to make such a permanent decision. Some people just know. I'm a heterosexual, 39-year old, female, and I've known since I was 5 years old that I never wanted any kids. Still don't have any. I understand that a hysterectomy is a serious procedure with consequences that likely far outweigh the desired effect, but people shouldn't tell this kid to, "get over it and accept that you are a woman and letting your body do what it was designed to do is best for it." It's extremely bothersome to know that no one will ever let me have full control over what I do to my body as a woman. If she doesn't want a period, and can find a way to do it safely, she should do it. Tired of being treated like I'm just a baby incubator....

Old 04-02-2016, 08:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,325 times
I feel like a lot of people here haven't actually read the previous conversation before trying to provide an opinion...
The person who originally posted the question is Trans, so it's not like there isn't a good reason for them not to want periods or kids. Also a lot of the posts even after pg.5 were the OP explicitly stated that they identify as a guy, are continuously identifying the OP as a woman which is terrible. Please read and avoid misgendering people.

gender=identity (man/woman/person/etc)
sex=biology (male/female/intersex)
the 2 words aren't synonyms.

Also to the OP I hope it's alright I used they/them pronouns for you cause I didn't know what was most comfortable?
I'm also looking for a way to stop my period permanently, that's what brought me here. It's really inconvenient when your body and identity don't match up....

Old 04-02-2016, 08:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,325 times
Also, personally I struggled a lot dealing with periods. Learning how to use a tampon was bad enough, I wanted to quit before that, but that took me to tears. I wanted so badly for my body to just stop this disgusting cycle, I still want it to stop. I shouldn't have to put up with the misery it gives me.

I know getting rid of certain parts messes with your bones and other stuff and that's why i'm looking for the best way to just make it stop without it affecting me negativity in the future.

sidenote: I use they/them pronouns.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 524 times
I’ve been bleeding continuously for 3mths, I am 47yrs old. Is there a way I can end my menstruation permanently?

Old 10-18-2017, 10:58 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Get a hysterectomy.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:01 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Bailey dixon View Post
I’ve been bleeding continuously for 3mths, I am 47yrs old. Is there a way I can end my menstruation permanently?
See a gynecologist first and get a diagnosis. You want to rule out a potentially precancerous or cancerous condition first. If it is just due to starting to skip ovulations - perimenopause - then hormone treatment can help.

Some women opt for a Mirena IUD, which may stop the bleeding and also provide contraception if you need it.

Belle, a hysterectomy would be premature at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness