Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:26 PM

21 posts, read 39,229 times

Advertisements

I read all of the posts and do not see lavender oil mentioned. Received email last night from a friend to say she has toenail fungus and she just started using lavender oil for it. I googled, of course, and it seems to be a winner and can also be mixed with tea tree oil which some of you posted.

Completely drying the toes after shower, bath, swimming is very important. I've done that for as long as I can remember and never a toenail fungus.

Almost forgot .... if buying lavender oil, be sure it is essential lavender oil extract. Some things may be labeled as lavender oil but be nothing more than mineral oil with lavender fragrance. Health food stores may be the only place with the real stuff.

Lavender is good stuff & here's some copy: ...especially beneficial to the respiratory tract in particular coughs, colds, influenza. Certainly eases breathing when lungs and sinuses are choked with phlegm. Defends system against airborne viruses ... anxiety, stress, as antidepressant, analgesic, antiseptic, nervine. Good for aches and pains and muscle stiffness and may also help with rheumatic discomfort and joint stiffness. The cicatrizant properties of lavender oil are beneficial to healing of wounds including all types of burns and even treatment of eczema, dermatitis, scabies and psoriasis.
Avoid in pregnancy, epilepsy and fever.

Last edited by Riley1645; 06-23-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 02:58 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1645 View Post
I read all of the posts and do not see lavender oil mentioned. Received email last night from a friend to say she has toenail fungus and she just started using lavender oil for it. I googled, of course, and it seems to be a winner and can also be mixed with tea tree oil which some of you posted.

Completely drying the toes after shower, bath, swimming is very important. I've done that for as long as I can remember and never a toenail fungus.

Almost forgot .... if buying lavender oil, be sure it is essential lavender oil extract. Some things may be labeled as lavender oil but be nothing more than mineral oil with lavender fragrance. Health food stores may be the only place with the real stuff.

Lavender is good stuff & here's some copy: ...especially beneficial to the respiratory tract in particular coughs, colds, influenza. Certainly eases breathing when lungs and sinuses are choked with phlegm. Defends system against airborne viruses ... anxiety, stress, as antidepressant, analgesic, antiseptic, nervine. Good for aches and pains and muscle stiffness and may also help with rheumatic discomfort and joint stiffness. The cicatrizant properties of lavender oil are beneficial to healing of wounds including all types of burns and even treatment of eczema, dermatitis, scabies and psoriasis.
Avoid in pregnancy, epilepsy and fever.
No, it isn't "essential lavender oil extract." It is "essential oil of lavender" or "lavender essential oil." Specifically lavendula angustifola, which is also known as English Lavender, though it is also used to refer to French Lavender, formerly known as L. vera. Lavender is not indicated for toenail fungus, because there are more efficient oils for that, such as Tea Tree (melaleuca alternifolia). There's nothing wrong with using lavender, except it won't work nearly as well as tea tree, which is a "specific" for that purpose.

Also, if you are going to provide "some copy" you need to include your source.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:49 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,497 times
Another vote for oregano oil, tea tree oil or lavender oil.

Google for instructions for applying for toe-nail fungus.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 AM

27 posts, read 65,347 times
For home remedies, my vote goes for Oregano Oil. For homeopathic medicine, the most preferred nowadays is the oil Fungusil. and For advanced medical procedure, laser treatment but this is too much expensive. It's up to you either Fungusil or Oregano Oil.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Haven't seen it mentioned here, but try Nonyx gel first.

Its about $40 for an 8 oz bottle, but does last awhile. You put the gel on after a bath or shower, when toenails are still damp. Then apply a bandaid. change every 24 hours. In a few days, they nail will soften and slough off. then, once you get rid of the gunk, apply an OTC, like tea tree oil. I've found it works better to get the gunk off first, then apply whatever OTC product you favor.

You can order Nonyx gel online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness