Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times

Advertisements

Something I find interesting to add to the quackery here is that there is a clear expectation of accurate record keeping in the sciences. Record keeping that is witnessed by unrelated parties, reviewed by external sources, and made available to the public. The expectation comes for many sources; obviously from those engaging in science, the government, the public, other nations, etc. When a lack of or fraudulent data surfaces anyone within arms distance rightly sounds the proverbial alarm. That is one of characteristics of science that has brought so much success.

The data provided by the scientific community is used by pretty much everyone. Scientists, again the gov., people like the OP, etc. OTOH, when we look down paths, like those that lead to homeopathy, what do we find? Words scribbled on a page comprised of anecdotes. Disagreeable data is always left out. And lets be clear, there is always data to charge a position. At least there is JACM, but even that is bucked by those if nothing surfaces from studies using homeopathy, which I find to be an irrational position to start.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,202,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
It is FACT that when a doctor begins to treat initial causes of diseases such as high homocysteine or aldehyde buildup in organs and tissue they are quickly discredited by their "peers" and shunned. Some are closed down, lose their licences and even jailed.

The doctor/pharmaceutical establishment have been covering up cures for a long time so they can perpetuate their pyramid scheme.
Pyramid scheme?

Do you realize how crazy that sounds?

I find it hard to believe someone would actually believe BS like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Thank you for posting this. I am so sick of people who defend the medical profession like they were all gods or something. I constantly recommend people go to holistic or naturopathic practitioners if they have a problem. I get a lot of heat about it from some of the posters on this forum (and the cancer forum).

There it is people, in black and white (and red). Doctors kill.

20yrsinBranson
So you go on the cancer forum and talk bad about doctors? What kind of person are you?

How many deaths from illness/injury would there be if we didn't have doctors?

You should be thankful you are not seriously ill, because if you were you would have to go to one of those 'evil doctors' and have them save your life.

You are basically spitting in the face of everyone whose life has been saved by a doctor. Disgusting.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:14 AM

78,359 posts, read 60,556,941 times
LET ME ONCE AGAIN STATE THAT AT NO TIME IN THIS ENTIRE THREAD HAS ANYONE SHOWN CREDIBLE PROOF OF 250,000 DEATHS NOR THE MANNER THAT WAS COUNTED.

Basically, some people apparently plucked a number from thin air and declare it fact.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:15 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
Sorry to hear you were scarred from this, I know I would be too.
I don't care now. i just know to steer clear from any doctors.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:32 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,854 times
i think you may have missed the sarcasm

Old 05-18-2010, 08:14 AM

345 posts, read 1,641,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Pyramid scheme?

Do you realize how crazy that sounds?

I find it hard to believe someone would actually believe BS like this.

So you go on the cancer forum and talk bad about doctors? What kind of person are you?

How many deaths from illness/injury would there be if we didn't have doctors?

You should be thankful you are not seriously ill, because if you were you would have to go to one of those 'evil doctors' and have them save your life.

You are basically spitting in the face of everyone whose life has been saved by a doctor. Disgusting.

That's exactly how doctors keep their image "GOD-LIKE". They call everyone you doesn't believe in their scam "crazy".

"oh, it's all in your head. here's a precription for an antidepresant. Now go home....... don't forget to pay on the way out !"

Old 05-18-2010, 08:16 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronenborg View Post
i think you may have missed the sarcasm
it doesn't matter. it doesn't change the nature of the medical profession.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,202,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino127 View Post
That's exactly how doctors keep their image "GOD-LIKE". They call everyone you doesn't believe in their scam "crazy".

"oh, it's all in your head. here's a precription for an antidepresant. Now go home....... don't forget to pay on the way out !"
You DO realize medicine is based on science, don't you? They call anyone who doesn't believe in anatomy and biology crazy, as they should...

Old 05-18-2010, 08:45 AM

345 posts, read 1,641,636 times
Mod cut: Debating is one thing but keep the insults out of it.

Last edited by tao; 05-18-2010 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,854 times
what is interesting is how there seems to be a train of thought that the doctors who show an interest in "alternative" or "non-conventional" therapies or causes of disease are considered the good ones, and the ones who believe in evidence-based therapies and disease agents are the non-credible, money-grabbing ones.

its my experience that it is exactly the former type of "doctor" (in which i include the interestingly titled "chiropractic physicians") who are far more interested in capitalizing on their patients' desperation than conventional, evidence-based doctors.

it is indeed a sad state of affairs that the medical professional has lost so much trust, and is the subject of such suspicion, that there is even a market for such purveyors of snake oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness