Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Please, be sick to death to your heart's content. This thread does not defend anyone as if they are gods
I think it is pretty obvious that I was not referring to THIS thread.

Quote:
And that's what it really comes down to. Are you irrational? And as of late, are you a bigot?
To answer your questions... NO and NO. But most people do not wish to hear the truth if it conflicts with their point of view, and so....sometimes I am called names unfairly by those who would rather point a finger and complain than listen to someone who disagrees with them.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-17-2010, 08:33 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Oh brother.
oh brother what?

Old 05-17-2010, 08:34 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I think it is pretty obvious that I was not referring to THIS thread.
Oh, how odd of me to assume people posting in a specific thread are actually addressing the thread. Very fitting.

Quote:
To answer your questions... NO and NO. But most people do not wish to hear the truth if it conflicts with their point of view, and so....sometimes I am called names unfairly by those who would rather point a finger and complain than listen to someone who disagrees with them.
Making an unformed comment about a link that lacks citations, other than the snake oil salesmen Marcola, does not constitute a pov. Any bot could achieve as much. It's typical and at the heart of the issue for American consumers imo.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
oh brother what?
I fail to see the relevance of advice that addresses the church and...dance music was it? and western medicine. It's silly. As noted in my post to 20yrs, fitting for this thread, tho.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:38 PM

It shows that doctors don't care, and medicine (all medicine) is a sham.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
It shows that doctors don't care, and medicine (all medicine) is a sham.
Well, maybe there's a watered-down homeopathic club mix that can be recommended by the residents on this forum.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:05 PM

I don't really believe in non-traditional medicine. It's like asking whose opinion of the weather is more reasoned, a meterologist's or a person who read chicken entrails.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
I don't really believe in non-traditional medicine. It's like asking whose opinion of the weather is more reasoned, a meterologist's or a person who read chicken entrails.
I believe what you mean to say is.... "I don't really believe in non-CONVENTIONAL medicine".

Actually, homeopathic and holistic medicine is more TRADITIONAL than allopathic medicine. Herbalism has been around for thousands of years. You don't get much more traditional than that.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-17-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Oh, how odd of me to assume people posting in a specific thread are actually addressing the thread. Very fitting.

Making an unformed comment about a link that lacks citations, other than the snake oil salesmen Marcola, does not constitute a pov. Any bot could achieve as much. It's typical and at the heart of the issue for American consumers imo.
You can find a citation for anything you want on the internet. It's tit for tat and it does not prove anything. I would say that the proof of this pudding is indeed, in its taste. If you can point me to a citation that shows that holistic medical treatment kills 250,000 people per year, I will gladly read it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-18-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You can find a citation for anything you want on the internet. It's tit for tat and it does not prove anything.
Of course it's tit for tat for you. Your only criteria is words on a page providing they agree with your pov.

Quote:
I would say that the proof of this pudding is indeed, in its taste.
It's funny that you would use that analogy given that homeopathy was mentioned above.

Quote:
If you can point me to a citation that shows that holistic medical treatment kills 250,000 people per year, I will gladly read it.
Like homeopathy? Which is equivalent to doing nothing. You want me to find data showing that doing nothing kills? I don't think it would be difficult to make a case that doing nothing is harmful. I suspect at the heart of the obesity epidemic is a matter of doing nothing, comprised of people that lock themselves in their boxes and have an aversion to stepping into the light of day outside of the time it takes to get from their house to their cars. Also, at the heart of homeopathy is ignorance and ignorance is highly correlated with poor health. You want stats for that too? We could go there.

Either way, it is the OP, and posters such as yourself, that are making the charge in this thread that docs are causing 250,000 deaths/year. The onus is upon you to prove it. Given that you don't know the difference in value between a credible citation and a jesus-save-me page that lacks citation, legible content, and critical analysis it's unlikely a reasoned discussion will ensue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness