Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 04:50 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,215,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Things that are not medically documented, or medical fact.
Can you please be more specific? For all I know your physician didn't document toe fungus and you didn't get a special cream.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,390,078 times
well stuff like listening to dance music is unhealthy, or not going to church is bad.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:54 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,779,046 times
Quote:
well stuff like listening to dance music is unhealthy, or not going to church is bad.
Sorry to hear you were scarred from this, I know I would be too.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Oh brother.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,046,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
One cannot compare auto brakes and the human anatomy. it's silly to try actually. in any surgery there are numerous tolerances that the patient has based upon health , anatomy, health history and genetics. Few go bad. when they do it is typically due to other factors smoking and alcohol use is the leading cause of patients doing poorly.

It would be nice if your comparison was valid. it would be much easier for us.

Look, the bottom line is that humans come into this world (for the most part) with a clean bill of health.
It's only when humans started to tamper with other humans (and nature) did we start to suffer!

Amazon.com: Project Day Lily: An American Biological Warfare Tragedy (9781413485189): Garth…

Amazon.com: Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Plum Island Germ Laboratory (9780060011413):…

Over time, in comparison to indigenous people around the world, modern humans degenerate very quickly, and come down with all kids of nasty diseases. This same comparison can be seen in domesticated animals VS wild animals. Look at zoo animals, do they look healthy to you! Well a zoo animal is really no different then the masses who shovel the ***T to feed their families confined inside some warehouse/building 8-12 hours a day!

So it's not hard to figure out! It's our modern way of living that is causing a large portion of our problems.

For example, your average white collar employee works inside a building all day breathing recycle air without getting the proper sunlight. He/she drinks coffee and eats crappy lunch meat and sugar laden drinks (everyday for decades!) that is void of any nutrients and is loaded with preservatives that make you sick in the long run. Also, he/she does not get any exercise so the body has a hard time releasing toxins (e.g; through sweat) and the blood is not properly oxygenated on a daily basis.

Add the daily stress of life such as divorce, mortgage payments, nasty coworkers, general marriage problems, long working hours, smoking, drinking and drug use and you just have just one nasty cesspool!!!

Doctors don't care or ask about any of this! They just acknowledge that, say, your blood pressure is UP and they give you a powerful drug (that is hard on your liver) and send you on your way.

So I'm back to what I said before, Western medicine is overly compartmentalized! To properly treat a human who is suffering a holistic approach needs to be taken.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,046,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Start a thread over there. It would be an interesting read.
Well on that site there is so much to read and absorb. I'm not ready yet to jump into the water. Don't think I can handle two forums anyway, I don't want to feed my addiction anymore then I need too!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Well on that site there is so much to read and absorb. I'm not ready yet to jump into the water. Don't think I can handle two forums anyway, I don't want to feed my addiction anymore then I need too!
Hmmm, maybe I will. I'll just link them all over here lol.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,165,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
It is very sad to read such stories, thoughts?

Doctors are Third Leading Cause of Death in U.S.!
Thank you for posting this. I am so sick of people who defend the medical profession like they were all gods or something. I constantly recommend people go to holistic or naturopathic practitioners if they have a problem. I get a lot of heat about it from some of the posters on this forum (and the cancer forum).

There it is people, in black and white (and red). Doctors kill.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Thank you for posting this. I am so sick of people who defend the medical profession like they were all gods or something. I constantly recommend people go to holistic or naturopathic practitioners if they have a problem. I get a lot of heat about it from some of the posters on this forum (and the cancer forum).

There it is people, in black and white (and red). Doctors kill.

20yrsinBranson
Please, be sick to death to your heart's content. This thread does not defend anyone as if they are gods or touch the irrational heights of your post. And that's what it really comes down to. Are you irrational? And as of late, are you a bigot?

Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post

Look, the bottom line is that humans come into this world (for the most part) with a clean bill of health.
It's only when humans started to tamper with other humans (and nature) did we start to suffer!
I think this is true to a point. We certainly pollute our environment and this has consequences. I'm sure that starts fudging up the works. OTOH, humans have always suffered greatly at the hands of nature.

Quote:
Over time, in comparison to indigenous people around the world, modern humans degenerate very quickly, and come down with all kids of nasty diseases.
Again, I think it's two-fold. Many westerners have poor diets and sedentary lifestyles. The only reason our lifespans are what they are is due to technology. It might just significantly increase beyond the 80s if the populations were to adapt optimal lifestyles. Like you, for example, Morph. With that said, we are lucky that we don't have to worry about dying from things like bacterial infections, etc.

Quote:
This same comparison can be seen in domesticated animals VS wild animals. Look at zoo animals, do they look healthy to you! Well a zoo animal is really no different then the masses who shovel the ***T to feed their families confined inside some warehouse/building 8-12 hours a day!
Agreed 100%. I hate to even think about zoos.

Quote:
Doctors don't care or ask about any of this! They just acknowledge that, say, your blood pressure is UP and they give you a powerful drug (that is hard on your liver) and send you on your way.
This is where I don't agree. I have no doubt some docs simply drug and push people out the door. OTOH, I've run across very few physicians that don't nag about common sense issues. Stop eating all that meat. Stay away from sugar. Be sure to exercise for an hour a day. Stop smoking. Etc. Do people really need to be told this? If so, that's damn sad. Even the tart of a physician I dropped told me to lay off the meat (which doesn't apply to me any way), start up cardio, etc, when I got my chol. work done. Again, this is just common sense stuff.

Point being, people have to have some sense of responsibility. They should get off their fat arses, go outside and play. If they landed themselves in a situation that requires medical intervention, they should educate themselves. But, people are too lazy for that. Frankly, this sub-forum highlights that well enough from where I sit.

Quote:
So I'm back to what I said before, Western medicine is overly compartmentalized! To properly treat a human who is suffering a holistic approach needs to be taken.
To be frank again, I'd be surprised if most knew their arses from their elbows when it comes western or holistic medicine. People have a pov and simply want it supported. Just look at homeopathy. It's so ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness