Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 06:15 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,247,883 times

Advertisements

^^ It's mind-boggling, but that's Jim Rutherford for ya. He'll make good moves, like trading jesse Boulerice for Doug Weight and odd moves such as this one. I've heard though from other sources that this is not permanent and Ron Francis will likely take over coaching duties next season.

I live in Charlotte and am on a bit of a tight budget so I don't get to attend many games. It'll likely be on TV though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 07:02 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,906 times
I'm watching the Caps-Leafs game, the guys doing "The Hotstove" were thinking that Maurice will be bumped upstairs next year and Ron Francis will take over as head coach.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:46 PM

^^ Jim Rutherford for some reason loves Maurice. Don't know why

We played Philadelphia tonight, we lost but at least in our case, we got a point out of it.
And dang it, I am sick and tired of us always giving up the first goal, with Lavi now gone, we may not be able to play the catch-up game anymore.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:34 PM

Thumbs up awesome!!

YES!!!! 3-1 win against Washington. Big win for us on a couple of levels. First off it should regain our confidence, second the Captials are going to be our toughest in-division opponet and we could use every win against them. Third, our back-up goalie showed he could still be strong despite us giving up close to 40 shots. Fourth, we killed of 5 of 6 penalties. And, Paul Maurice's first win as a Canes coach since 2003.

Oh, and we finally scored the first goal of the game in quite some time.

too bad this one was not on tv, but at least nhl.com was there to update me

Old 12-07-2008, 05:43 PM

one more thing, I hope this win will be a big momentum and confidence booster for us. We have a rather difficult schedule ahead of us so I hope this will get us going in the right direction

Old 12-07-2008, 09:16 PM

854 posts, read 2,864,103 times
uh oh... five-game roadtrip coming up for the panthers. not good news for a team that's 5-8-1 on the road.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:41 PM

so far good game between Buffalo-Pittsburgh, really not interested in the Carolina Panthers game tonight, so the NHL and the snoopy christmas special is what im watching.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:33 PM

ridiculous, we had a 5-1 lead at the start of the 3rd period, and we let Philadelphia tie us.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 PM

good lord. how in the hell do you blow a 4 goal lead? at least we got a point out of it, but it should have been 2 easily. We had in this game in our grasp and we let it slip. This Hurricanes team is so frustrating to watch it almost makes me wonder how in the hell we won a Championship 3 years ago sometimes. ahhhhhhh @%#$%%&#$^$%^%*$%^$^*$*&^*%&%^*&%#$%!#^$^(^&%*^$&# ^$^*^&^&(&*%&^$%*&^%$(^&%^**)^&(*($%#$%#%#$^@$%@#! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant and Rave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,061,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
good lord. how in the hell do you blow a 4 goal lead? at least we got a point out of it, but it should have been 2 easily. We had in this game in our grasp and we let it slip. This Hurricanes team is so frustrating to watch it almost makes me wonder how in the hell we won a Championship 3 years ago sometimes. ahhhhhhh @%#$%%&#$^$%^%*$%^$^*$*&^*%&%^*&%#$%!#^$^(^&%*^$&# ^$^*^&^&(&*%&^$%*&^%$(^&%^**)^&(*($%#$%#%#$^@$%@#! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant and Rave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, watching the Blues last night against the hated Sharks, I was amazed at how hard, how much energy, passion, and desire they had in most of the last half of the game, but yet still didn't get a point at all - thanks to IMHO Keith K. not being able to control the puck, get it out of the zone,,, leading to the Sharks' 3rd goal, the game winner via that turnover .

Hang in there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey