Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 AM

18,476 posts, read 31,653,017 times

Advertisements

OMG, Yes Jodi Gilmour on the renting show, her voice is absolutely annoying, she is so fake.
love when she tells the tenants they can negotiate the rent with the LL, who does that?
the rent is what the rent is......
she is living in fantasy land.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
Plenty of people negotiate rent or conditions of a lease. We have in the past.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Plenty of people negotiate rent or conditions of a lease. We have in the past.
Not here in brooklyn NY, the rent is either stabilized or control, or market...never negotiated.....not here.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
SXN

350 posts, read 1,289,633 times
I would punch not slap David on Color Splash. He is an amateur who spends his time doodling and he was given his own show based on his looks. He wisks a paint brush on a canvas once and calls it art. Sabrina Soto is annoying now also. Real Estate Intervention was great the first year. I even liked Sabrina back then, in the first episode the couple featured was pushing back and Sabrina threw it right back at them. Now it just a cheap staging show like all the others. And Anotonio, we get it, you have a lot of tattoos and are "wild". Doesn't mean you should have your own show.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXN View Post
I would punch not slap David on ColorSplash . He is an amateur who spends his time doodling and he was given his own show based on his looks. He wisks a paint brush on a canvas once and calls it art. Sabrina Soto is annoying now also. Real Estate Intervention was great the first year. I even liked Sabrina back then, in the first episode the couple featured was pushing back and Sabrina threw it right back at them. Now it just a cheap staging show like all the others. And Anotonio, we get it, you have a lot of tattoos and are "wild". Doesn't mean you should have your own show.
Your funny. I don't like his designs at all.
I also love when he has his shirt off and he is "sweating" , yet all the other construction men are there with their shirts on, doing probably heavier work than him, and they are not sweating at all....

I also agree, I do not like his paintings at all, my sons at 6 years old could do better than that, thank you very much !

go figure.......

Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM

747 posts, read 1,544,930 times
Yes, David Bromstad was given the show for his looks, but boy does he have some looks . Although from some angles you can tell he's had work done. His designs can be hit or miss. His assistant is the one who annoys me-what an airhead!

Old 01-24-2011, 04:18 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,094,389 times
David Bromstad got his show because he won "Design Star". He was taking his shirt off back then that probably raised the ratings which in turn, helped him win.

I probably like about 1/2 of his designs. Some of the rooms in Miami were really creative but I noticed he had some old world craftsmen-types he sub-contracted with (i.e., old dudes who did tufting on furniture, die-cut metal, etc.).

On one show, he did one dining room for a young couple who owned a historic farmhouse. He used their grandmother's china as the inspiration palette. I thought it would turn out cool but it was kinda ugly--like too much going on at one time and everything all over the place. The colors were coral, light blue black and white and I thought it looked dated instead of fresh.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:21 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
I like Holmes.
The guy knows his stuff!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I like Holmes.
The guy knows his stuff!

He knows his stuff, but is ugly and boring.
Bryan B is better looking and at least is lively and makes us laugh.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,001,480 times
I would slap Holmes, even though he's my husband's favorite.

I also can't stand the blond that has that color show, maybe called color correction or color something....where she paints everything in these deep dark colors that match blueberries and whatnot???? Do she REALLY have to be so literal? How about blueberries, taken down about 3 shades!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating