Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 04:15 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,608,265 times

Advertisements

I see trees, a large gazebo in the neighbor's yard behind my house, and a horse pasture beyond that. About a 6 I guess. Used to be a 10 when I could see Long's Peak, but then neighbors built on the vacant lot that used to be there. In the winter they put lights on their roof so I guess that's something. Doesn't replace Long's Peak though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 05:11 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,261,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
I would rate it a 9. If there was an ocean beyond all the trees it would be a 10.
My response to a T. Well, maybe I'd wish for a few more evergreens among the trees. But still a 9; we love our woods.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:16 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
oh yes a good view from the window and is woods . I get to see rabbits sometime.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:41 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,953,490 times
I would rate it a 9 or 10. I have a really nice yard in the back, and on the side I have a golf course view.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:20 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,059,243 times
I like the theme of this thread, but I kinda feel some guilt for bragging about my first-world good fortune.

disclaimer: I used to live in the HOOD - gunshots and sirens, my car broken into 4x a year, and walls so thin I could clearly hear when people were arguing, making dinner or having sex. So I intentionally bought this view and made it to my liking.

I have a beautiful mature HUGE red honeysuckle that is evergreen year-round. It provides a home and food depot to a fleet of hummingbirds. I get squirrels running on the fence by day, and a sometimes a feral cat sleeps on my oldest compost pile. I get an entire family of racoons by night - they've even come to my back patio slider and peeked in on me. I used to get an actual BAT around sunset, flying repeatedly at right angles alonside my house to eat the gnats that swarmed overhead.
I added a infrared sensor so I can be alerted, when a four (or two) legged animal creeps thru my yard. In the warm summer months, I've gotten praying mantis crawling up on my screens. I've got a peach tree that stubbornly refuses to bear fruit. In the near distance, I have a about a 5000 foot mountain (not enough to get snow). Its green in the spring and brown in August. I'm not at any kind of 'elevation' so I don't have 'a view' per se, but I like it. I also have modern dual-paned vinyl windows that are very effective in muffling most 'neighbor noise'. The crickets, are so loud their song makes it thru the windows. Oh heavens to murgatroid, my windows are so big, I had to have custom window treatments made, all the off-the-shelf items at Lowes or Home Depot simply weren't big enough.

For the negatives, some of my immediate neighbors homes are a bit more humble, run-down, older, single story jobs. If I look down from my bedroom window, I can see all their crappola and wood scraps and packrat piles. I swear the other neighbor is growing mosquitos in their dilapited pool, and another neighbor has been 'adding a second story' to his house for about the last 5 years. I still don't think it's done...

I give it a solid 8. Only way to make it better would be to transplant the home to a hill overlooking the ocean, with no neighbors for a 5 acre radius.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:36 AM

1,846 posts, read 3,941,362 times
I like the view from my bedroom window. The view is out onto my peaceful, tree lined, quiet street, with nicely kept homes and yards. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

I don't often look out there, though, because mostly I just go into my bedroom to sleep. I don't spend much time in there otherwise.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:09 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
0. We have it covered by a pegboard with a mirror over it to block out heat and light so we don't see anything outside at all. It serves to keep the Texas heat out, and it helps a great deal. Even if the window was unobstructed, all we would see would be the siding of our neighbor's house, which isn't a majestic view anyway.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:14 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
I would say average about an 8, better in winter when the trees are bare because we can see more of the Cascade mountains. I always wonder, though, why anyone cares about the bedroom view. It's always dark when we are in there.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:35 AM

163 posts, read 144,407 times
I'd give our bedroom window or I should say glass doors to the back a 10+. Our entire home is surrounded by beautiful mature trees and mountains. Every window is a 10.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:50 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
When you have had places that would spoil you with a great view,(Big Bear Lake California) ,environment and friends ,any where else will always be second rate ,but I've learned to appreciate the place I am in, in spite of that.
My current view is trees and fog and my chickens and neighbors large vacant yards often their dogs frolic in .
I have the sound effects of my birds and wild birds visiting my feeders at my window and in the distance I can hear trucks working.
During the day the wineries have music some good some not so good and even 2-3 bands going at the same time which is really maddening .
At least while all that is happening, I can put on my wireless head phones and play music I like.
It's usually quiet enough here during the day that you can hear cars on the highway a mile away and of course there are planes and helicopters flying over head regularly even hot air balloons which are noisy as well.
I miss Big Bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House