Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,901,877 times

Advertisements

I really hope this gets built. Fear of the unknown is what causes people to be prejudice and having low income people around you will show you that they are just like you. I hope this is the beginning of several apartments to be built in the Katy area. If you don't like it then move. You really shouldn't live so close to the city if you don't want to be near low income people.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:01 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,873,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I really hope this gets built. Fear of the unknown is what causes people to be prejudice and having low income people around you will show you that they are just like you. I hope this is the beginning of several apartments to be built in the Katy area. If you don't like it then move. You really shouldn't live so close to the city if you don't want to be near low income people.
i do too. don't know all the details of the project, but if it's putting low-income kids in better neighborhoods with better schools, i'm all for it.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,885,958 times
Quote:

Haha, fear of unknown... you're funny. It's not unknow. They already know it. It's Houston.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:10 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,313,371 times
Quote:
I agree with this. I think another would be nice smack down in the middle of River Oaks!

I just hate the condescending attitude of people on here and act like they're better than others. "Only poor thugs shop at Wal-Mart!" or "Eww building one of those trashy slums with poor minorities!!"

Yet these are the same people preaching to Houston bashers about Houston's open-mindedness and laid-back attitude.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 PM

1,474 posts, read 5,011,605 times
I hope it gets built, so i know exactly where to buy in Katy when its time

so I guess Alief and Sharpstown will start the (white version) "gentrification" some time after? We got Royal Oaks, I know you like living near rich people

Old 03-25-2010, 10:20 PM

867 posts, read 2,985,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I agree with this. I think another would be nice smack down in the middle of River Oaks!

I just hate the condescending attitude of people on here and act like they're better than others. "Only poor thugs shop at Wal-Mart!" or "Eww building one of those trashy slums with poor minorities!!"

Yet these are the same people preaching to Houston bashers about Houston's open-mindedness and laid-back attitude.
I couldn't agree with you (or y'all) more. I hope it gets built, too.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:30 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,144,666 times
Unlike some posters it seems, I don't want this thing to be built to spite others. This location is ridiculously close to the Katy Mills mall and the crap load of chain restaurants and various stores that have sprouted up due to the mall. Those nearby residents have long had a time to cry out "declining property values, increasing crime, and increasing traffic" when they built the mall, then all that commercial development that came along with it. The school is issue though can be legitimate.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:

Not everybody wants to live in a ghetto. Why not build in in Houston? And it's pretty racist of you to say Section 8 = Minorities. That's very low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
I hope it gets built, so i know exactly where to buy in Katy when its time

so I guess Alief and Sharpstown will start the (white version) "gentrification" some time after? We got Royal Oaks, I know you like living near rich people
???? Are you quoting someone?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,313,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Not everybody wants to live in a ghetto. Why not build in in Houston? And it's pretty racist of you to say Section 8 = Minorities. That's very low.

Racist?? It's been mentioned many times on here that the areas that people find rather depressing or unsafe are majority minority areas.

???? Are you quoting someone?
It's obvious you don't know what a ghetto is and was sheltered your whole life.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
It's obvious you don't know what a ghetto is and was sheltered your whole life.
I think every person who lives in Houston knows what a ghetto is. Especially since we are talking about Houston, not New York ghettos.

BTW. I don't preach about Houston's open-mindedness and laid-back attitude. I don't think the other posters who said this every "preached" about it. And I don't even live in Katy.
I actually think you know very well what their point is and why they are against it. They talk about it in the article. You would do just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: