Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 03:25 PM

331 posts, read 511,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Wingzilla is already there and has much better and cheaper wings...not to mention $2 Yuengling drafts all day, everyday.
I may have to give them one more chance then. I wasn't very impressed with the food or service last time I went. Thanks for the info.

Regards
Huffbuffer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 03:26 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffbuffer View Post
I may have to give them one more chance then. I wasn't very impressed with the food or service last time I went. Thanks for the info.

Regards
Huffbuffer
The food and service seems to have have gotten better in recent visits...comparable to Crickets, IMHO.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:11 PM

The service was a turn off for me the last time I went in. Plus that 8:30 close time just stinks

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 09-04-2013, 05:52 PM

6 posts, read 6,779 times
Quote:
The food and service seems to have have gotten better in recent visits...comparable to Crickets, IMHO.
Actually, the owners of Crickets bought the place in April or so of this year. I had someone at work tell me this. . Looked it up, and sure enough they did.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscott05xx View Post
Actually, the owners of Crickets bought the place in April or so of this year. I had someone at work tell me this. . Looked it up, and sure enough they did.
That actually made me smile. I ate at Crickets once and loved the wings, just didn't like the location. The last time I ate at Wingzilla was well before they were even serving beer and it was just sad.

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 09-05-2013, 06:35 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscott05xx View Post
I'm confused.

Wingzilla was opened by original owners of Crickets.

They sold crickets, opened up Wingzilla in Athens. When the terms of their sale permitted them opening up in Madison, they closed Athens, and opened up in the location that things die in a while back.

Now you are saying that the Wingzilla people sold to Crickets new owners - again?

That's good work. Open business, run it for a while, sell it to same people..

Old 09-05-2013, 06:37 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
I'm confused.

Wingzilla was opened by original owners of Crickets.

They sold crickets, opened up Wingzilla in Athens. When the terms of their sale permitted them opening up in Madison, they closed Athens, and opened up in the location that things die in a while back.

Now you are saying that the Wingzilla people sold to Crickets new owners - again?

That's good work. Open business, run it for a while, sell it to same people..
That is incorrect. The owners of Wingzilla have not changed since they opened in Madison. At least the same women are still there...the ones who used to own the original Crickets. I think someone gave scott05 some wrong info.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
I'm confused.

and opened up in the location that things die in a while back.
Does anyone know why the place that was there prior closed down? I noticed that when I walked into Wingzilla, all the decor was the exact same as the previous tenants. I did enjoy a few nights there and was sad the place abruptly closed.

Regards
Huffbuffer

Old 09-05-2013, 06:52 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times
Quote:
That is incorrect. The owners of Wingzilla have not changed since they opened in Madison. At least the same women are still there...the ones who used to own the original Crickets. I think someone gave scott05 some wrong info.

Okay that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

306 is my go to wing place now. Closer to home, very friendly staff, and $.45 wings on Wednesday. Ugh! Thought today was Wednesday! AGH!!!!

Old 09-05-2013, 07:43 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,055,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffbuffer View Post
Does anyone know why the place that was there prior closed down? I noticed that when I walked into Wingzilla, all the decor was the exact same as the previous tenants. I did enjoy a few nights there and was sad the place abruptly closed.

Regards
Huffbuffer
It was originally called Game Day Grill when the place opened. Started off slow, then started to pick up. I believe the guy who owned the Chevron at the time opened this up. It was counter service and family friendly. They had some really good wings and the triple play burger was awesome.

Then it was sold to the folks who own The Station in Madison and renamed it to Inside/Out Grill. They gutted it two different times and tried to turn it into a sports bar. They ended up failing, I think because they were too focused on trying to make it a bar and that is not the place for a bar.

Once they closed then it was called Texas Smokehouse, or something like that. Took forever for it to open, then was closed just as quickly.

Sat empty for a while then Wingzilla came in. Also took forever to open up. But they redid the inside by removing the big bar in the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area