Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp4ever View Post
Now, he jokes about ...opening a ...hair salon ...nights and weekends. I'm not kidding.
I love his idea. It sounds fun. At least he wouldn't have boring co-workers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 AM

426 posts, read 1,272,659 times
Charles...okay that pic made me laugh.
Well, maybe not....

You know that man is not interested in ANY of those "co-workers"

Last edited by gsp4ever; 03-12-2009 at 09:11 AM..

Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 AM

956 posts, read 2,501,490 times
Charles, That is why we all LOVE you! You are the man with the plan.
My husband goes to Great Clips, or wherever...kills me, lol. He is appalled at what we spend (the women in our household). He hasn't offered to do my hair, yet.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:55 AM

433 posts, read 1,770,031 times
I have been to day spa/salons in other states that were really large and really "chic" and paid $90.00 for a cut and highlights.

Has anyone tried the Day Spa on 72?

Old 03-12-2009, 07:48 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,289,856 times
I understand about feeling good about how you look making it worth the money. When I was getting "done" at Trumps, it was a great feeling to know I looked good when I left there. I was also with a guy who was in the country music business and I wanted him to feel good about how I looked as well.

It is difficult to get that type of quality and attention in Huntsville. Maybe I just haven't hit upon the right person yet.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 PM

59 posts, read 177,762 times
Default And if you DO have long hair...

I do have long hair, down to my bottom, and I can't get a cut I like at any fancy salon. (And I just get split ends trimmed off.) The first thing they do is start fussing at me to donate my hair - Locks of Love is a GREAT charity, but I prefer my hair long. So finding a stylist who supports that and will do a good job on my hair is a challenge. And then those stylists who apparently charge by the inch are WAY out of my budget. So I have my hair trimmed for $8 at Hair Masters in Piedmont, AL. Well, every couple years anyway. Probably about time for another visit.

Who in H'ville does long hair?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:21 AM

99 posts, read 253,005 times
Attitudes Day Spa and Salon (right behind Garden Cove on the corner of Pratt and Meridian) is wonderful. Expensive... but I think it is everywhere (except for maybe places like Headstart, etc). Depending on who cuts your hair, the cost varies ($100 to $150 for a cut/color) (the owner Jeanne Schraeder is fabulous, but she charges the most). The other ladies are very good, too. They have a really nice atmosphere (really upscale feeling, but eclectic), everyone is very friendly and helpful. The massage therapist they have is excellent as well. They sell Aveda products, which I love. They use Aveda hair color (which seems to last longer than the Redken that other places use.) I've never had a haircut in Huntsville that I liked until I started going to this place.

My mom goes to Bliss Salon in South Huntsville (next to Rosie's) and she loves it. They are somewhat cheaper (around $100 for a cut/color, but just $35 for a cut). Her hair has never looked better!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:16 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,443,387 times
Clarissa (formerly at Ka Terra) opened her own shop 'Salon Jolie' in Five Points. She is very good; I used to see her before I went with the clippers, now I go to Mr. Floyd at Jackson Way for the Number 2 (1/4 inch).

I use Aveda shampoo and conditioner (Clove for brown hair) even with a buzz cut, how metrosexual is that?

Old 03-13-2009, 03:58 PM

346 posts, read 851,230 times
Thanks for the response on the thread everyone!!! My 10 year class reunion is in June, so I'm hoping by then I'll have found a good stylist to get my hair colored. Keep the comments and posts a comin'!!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:00 AM

433 posts, read 1,770,031 times
I just made an appointment at Expressions Salon on Sullivan. The place is very clean and bright. The people are very friendly. I go a week from Thursday so I'll let you know....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area