Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 02:33 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,778,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
OK that's twice now and nobody took the bait.

How about waiting until the hurricane actually happens?
I'm with Cambium, I'd be pissed if I had driven north or flown out of the state.

Irma is already west of Miami.

And I disagree regarding your point about people's lives "not being ruined", peoples lives are going to be ruined just not the lives of the people who thought they were in the firing zone and fled (which makes this westward jog potentially worse).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 02:36 PM

83,541 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
I'm with Cambium, I'd be pissed if I had driven north or flown out of the state.
There are going to be areas that bust, we dont know who exactly yet, (but will be considered a great thing!) Not the entire state will be catastrophic. Good luck down there. Stay safe.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:38 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post

Irma is already west of Miami.
I would rather deal with that inconvenience than decide to stay and have made the wrong choice.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:40 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,601,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I would rather deal with that inconvenience than decide to stay and have made the wrong choice.
Exactly. Anyone who is 'pissed' needs a good slap. These are the same people who would moan and whinge if they were told not to evacuate and a Cat 5 blew through.

It's not the authorities' fault that the track shifted West. People are so stupid it's infuriating.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:40 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Watching wave model, pressure models and trying to see this turn to North.

Finally see some drop in pressure in Jacksonville.

Believe tug of war is going on. Jose is helping to lower pressure below Cuba and helping to hold Irma South.

Rainstorms over East coast are helping to lower pressure on Florida.

Eventually Florida pressures are supposed to drop enough that Irma does a sudden zing across the water and heads North.

Several models now say it ain't going to happen and Irma will continue to track West and may even cross Cuba. It would then enter the Gulf big time and build big time.

That was the prediction I made two days ago. Only at that time it was based mostly on the low pressures being generated by Katia. Remember Katia?

Old 09-09-2017, 02:42 PM

696 posts, read 905,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
No, east coast coastal areas are very flat. Water travels fast.
I live on the east coast and it is not flat here by the coast.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Exactly. Anyone who is 'pissed' needs a good slap. These are the same people who would moan and whinge if they were told not to evacuate and a Cat 5 blew through.

It's not the authorities' fault that the track shifted West. People are so stupid it's infuriating.
Yep, people will complain no matter what. I think the authorities have done the best they can.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:46 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,231,833 times
Quote:

Not surprised someone from CT considers it "a bust" when people's lives are NOT destroyed by a hurricane.
Assuming you're talking about Cambium, that "someone from CT" kept and continues to keep Floridians well informed of what's going on. Save it.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:48 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,778,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Obviously, that's why people chise to evac in the first place. That doesn't chance the fact that I would be frustrated if I had spent potentially thousands of dollars to evacuate my family for essentially no reason.

It's a lose-lose with a storm this strong.

Last edited by AJ1013; 09-09-2017 at 02:56 PM..

Old 09-09-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Not surprised someone from CT considers it "a bust" when people's lives are NOT destroyed by a hurricane.
Talk about twisting his words. Jerky, unnecessary comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes