Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 09:42 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Tru Strength fitness center hung out their shingle today. The sign went up in the courtyard at Eagle Rock Station on River Parkway in Idaho Falls. They are in the corner behind The Snow Eagle. I don't know when they will open, but lots of weights and equipment was being moved in at lunch time today.
Seige, I'm interested that a fitness center is going in at that location (near restaurants). Do you think the most marketing and intended clientele would be those who work or live downtown? I can't remember if SRL has a fitness center or not. If not, this would be the closest for those residents.

Did you learn anything about the Hotel on the Falls? Perhaps the fitness center may be complimentary or available for guests from whichever hotel chain takes over the Tower. IDK anything about a connection, I don't recall a work-out or gym in the tower, but who knows with the remodeling.

When I saw the Hotel on the Falls, paper has been placed over lower level windows. The lights were on in stairwells and bottom floor. I couldn't really see much more to guess how remodeling is going, if it has started.

I have zero knowledge of what chain may go in that location. At one time, wasn't it a Red Lyon? IDK who Red Lyon focuses on now, would that be a chain who might be interested? I also keep thinking Hyatt, and maybe Marriott or Holiday Inn. I'd prefer to see I H build a combo Holiday Inn Express/ Staybridge combo hotel. They are building smaller but visible water slides at many of these combinations. If not an indoor water slide and pool, then miniature golf or something fun for guests and kids to do. Has anyone learned anything about the hotel?

Oh, one of the new stores in the mall is located in JCPenney's. It will be specialty cosmetics etc., as I understood it. Another shop is opening and it didn't interest me enough to remember it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 09:17 AM

Default Hotel on the Falls; Walgreens in Skyline

Per Bizmojo Idaho, the Hotel on the Falls re-open today. It sounds like the hotel is opening as the Hotel on the Falls, a stand alone hotel. However, chain affiliation is still being sought. So we could see a "brand" come in later.

Also, Walgreens in Skyline is finally opening tomorrow. I can't remember if the bank that was there has started to build their branch or not. Can someone please add about the bank's status? Thanks!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:31 PM

Default Snake River Landing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Probably grass. If the lot you speak of is just west of superfly fitness. Notice the dirt they are using is top soil, not pit run
I think I probably listed the wrong business or something. No, I'd be really surprised if this cleared space on Pier View Dr. kind of kitty corner to Bill's Bike, is as cleared as it is for grass. This is much larger than the area I initially saw cleared. Maybe a Miniature Golf or something similar that would require all the grass to be replaced by turf. Otherwise, not only has all the grass has been removed, workers were staking it out with different colors of the rope/cord they use on property.

I guess anything is possible, but I don't know understand how come workers would be staking it off with the different colors to prepare for turf. While I admit those different colors are probably for different utilities, I couldn't see where the multi-colored staked area had the multi-colored rope continue more south or west than this cleared spot. There is an area farther west that has dirt, gravel and other piled by each other, but that isn't the area I'm referencing. Perhaps that is the confusion.

Additionally, there was a parking lot full of workers at the Home 2 Suites. It is really changing....I couldn't see through it anywhere, which is always a good sign with a new building

Please everyone, please add any additional information you may have about this plot of land in SRL. Thanks

Old 03-27-2015, 03:34 PM

434 posts, read 417,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I think I probably listed the wrong business or something. No, I'd be really surprised if this cleared space on Pier View Dr. kind of kitty corner to Bill's Bike, is as cleared as it is for grass. This is much larger than the area I initially saw cleared. Maybe a Miniature Golf or something similar that would require all the grass to be replaced by turf. Otherwise, not only has all the grass has been removed, workers were staking it out with different colors of the rope/cord they use on property.

I guess anything is possible, but I don't know understand how come workers would be staking it off with the different colors to prepare for turf. While I admit those different colors are probably for different utilities, I couldn't see where the multi-colored staked area had the multi-colored rope continue more south or west than this cleared spot. There is an area farther west that has dirt, gravel and other piled by each other, but that isn't the area I'm referencing. Perhaps that is the confusion.

Additionally, there was a parking lot full of workers at the Home 2 Suites. It is really changing....I couldn't see through it anywhere, which is always a good sign with a new building

Please everyone, please add any additional information you may have about this plot of land in SRL. Thanks
I saw that they installed what I assume is a sprinkler system ( work done by a landscaping business) I could be wrong about grass. But my best judgment says it is.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:47 PM

Default Perhaps As the tic Landscaping or Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I saw that they installed what I assume is a sprinkler system ( work done by a landscaping business) I could be wrong about grass. But my best judgment says it is.
There isn't a sign or anything to help us on this one. I saw no PVC pipe or sprinkler components; however, I'm not saying you didn't see what you saw. There are a few things I don't understand to just put grass in there. IDK if there were problems getting grass watered or drained in that spot, it is a large rectangle with nothing done to the land that borders it. It was so clean of any rocks, gravel or anything but the multiple colored roping/staking materials two days ago. The workers I saw did not work for a landscaper. They probably used that small piece of equipment to dig up what they needed to dig.

Perhaps this is a landscaping project to add aesthetic appeal to that part of SRL. Two or three options that I can think of would be a pond or stream with or without fish, a rose bush or a flower garden. The unusual rectangle shape still makes me wonder about something outdoors that would utilize a watering system and grass, but doesn't cover that "entire section" of grass on Pier View Dr. Maybe a putting green, given the rectangular shape, or miniature golf. Outdoor archery would be an option too. It's probably too small for a splash pool.

I'm trying to think and while I'm not 100% about this, I don't think there were any For Sale signs in that section, but I could be wrong. Someone or a company may own the bordering property and want something unique in a landscape like a pond or stream etc. in front of a building.

It's unusual to me that this area has received extra attention is right by the road (Pier View Dr.) for it to just be grass, especially when nothing was done east or south. The cleared rectangle ends cleanly, as in a straight line, but it ends before a road or other building etc. would force it to end. I can't recall anyone else doing this much work for grass, but maybe the sprinkling system got damaged or something. If it's lawn, then it should soon be done.

Keep us updated about this one, Theotherdude.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:41 PM

75 posts, read 87,534 times
Default Landscaping in SRL

This happens to be a 10 minute stroll from my office. So, with my curiosity piqued by this thread, I didn't need further convincing to take the time out in the beautiful 67F weather to have a closer look. I've just returned after investigating the very lot in question.

It's a rectangle about six acres in size. It does indeed have green, yellow, red, and blue flags. Alas, closer inspection reveals each flag has wording similar to "2M Systems Hunter/Rainbird", and in fact, regardless of flag color, each one is accompanied in close proximity by a Hunter PGP sprinkler head. They are arranged in five equal spaced rows with fifteen heads in each. It seems they cover the entire rectangle uniformly.

As much as I'd love it to be putt-putt golf, I suspect Theotherdude has the right of it on this one.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:44 PM

432 posts, read 534,571 times
Default Finally?

Drove by the old Kmart on Broadway and there was an "under contract" sign up. Possible something, finally?

Old 04-04-2015, 12:40 PM

434 posts, read 417,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Drove by the old Kmart on Broadway and there was an "under contract" sign up. Possible something, finally?
What was the name of that communications company that wants to open a data center in idaho falls? Something like silver star? Anyway they wanted to set that up in an existing building. I do not recall the size of building they were looking for or if it perhaps matches what's in the old k-mart. Just a thought.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:50 AM

385 posts, read 526,851 times
not a huge story, but the Tesoro on the corner of Hitt/Sunnside has been rebranded as a Shell station

nice new signage. really classes up that corner.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:00 PM

The builders are in place for whatever Sandcreek Commons will build at SC Retail A. I see there is an opening date for Cabela's and Hobby Lobby is starting to hire employees. I think we'll see another credit union started at SC before too long.

Has anyone heard anything else rumored for Ball Ventures in Idaho Falls, not Ammon? I don't know if this could be something soon or further down the line. I'm interested in anything you may have learned about with Ball Ventures and I. F. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls