Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 06:16 PM

434 posts, read 417,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
I've been looking back a few pages as not to step on anyone's toes, I could swear I read something about this so if anyone has I apologise in advance.

I ran across the marketing site for Anderson Business Development while browsing Bizmojo yesterday, it is a huge industrial development north of Yellowstone and south of Iona Road and east of St Leon. After driving out that way yesterday it looks as if they are getting busy with getting utilities stubbed into the development and will begin with curb cuts and laying down road in the spring.

One huge chunk has already been sold but I can't find any info about who owns or will be building but I think this development will fill quickly based on location and access.

My biggest concern is traffic on the two lane roads in the area. I believe BMPO has the St Leon stretch slated for widening to US 20 but not sure how far out that is. That leaves Iona Road and the intersection with US 26 as a potential nightmare, hopefully some thought was put into that when the county approved.
I don't recall anything being posted here about that development. I did notice recently that the city power dept is doubling capacity at its Hitt road substation. Recall back to earlier this year, a very vague announcement was made about a new data center. That's really the only logistical reason I see they are expanding the substation by that size. That center may land in that development or possibly near Lincoln and Hitt. I do find it interesting that so many smaller industrial lots are pre sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 10:25 AM

432 posts, read 534,072 times
That area is looking prime for development, probably just waiting until Lincoln Road opens up in about 8 months.��

I hadn't noticed until I looked again yesterday and you're right, there's quite a few small lots sold, possibly for a setup close to what's further north on St Leon.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:57 PM

84 posts, read 52,544 times
Smart Foodservice is opening on Lindsay Blvd. north or US20. They sell groceries and supplies to restaurants ect. but are open to the public, and anyone wanting large quantities.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:26 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoing View Post
Smart Foodservice is opening on Lindsay Blvd. north or US20. They sell groceries and supplies to restaurants ect. but are open to the public, and anyone wanting large quantities.
Did they used to run under the Smart And Final banner?

Old 12-04-2018, 11:34 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
Used to be called "Cash & Carry" most locations in WA State, HQ in Portland. Kind of like a Costco for restaurants or those with very large families!

https://www.smartfoodservice.com/locations/WA/

Old 12-05-2018, 09:53 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Did they used to run under the Smart And Final banner?
Yes, it was smart and final iris, then it was cash and carry. Changing the name doesn't seem to change anything else.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:45 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
That area is looking prime for development, probably just waiting until Lincoln Road opens up in about 8 months.��

I hadn't noticed until I looked again yesterday and you're right, there's quite a few small lots sold, possibly for a setup close to what's further north on St Leon.
There are some serious access problems in Lincoln that close off many lots that could be available for housing. The old farmland is there, but no one is eager to give away the access easements to it.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:32 PM

26 posts, read 27,367 times
I have to say in a personal bit of selfishness, I am so glad there is a Smart Foodservice. We shop our local Cash and Carry all the time and there are a few items they sell that I can't find anywhere else. I was going to stock up before we move, now it doesn't look like I'll have to.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:47 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times
You must have a Costco, Sam's Club and Wal-Mart.

Old 12-21-2018, 12:24 PM

119 posts, read 94,069 times
Looks like we will be getting a Habit Burger - it seems Popeye's will be closing in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls