Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
And she's brave! You wouldn't find my dog standing on bubble wrap.......
Mine either! Mine would also make the table bend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 11:21 AM

1,378 posts, read 3,213,877 times
Quote:
And she's brave! You wouldn't find my dog standing on bubble wrap.......
You wouldn't find my dog standing on the table. LOL

Old 03-18-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I would say this would be the best route for timing and your time will only slow down once you hit White Bird & Riggins. Riggins has a wonderful burger place on the right, can't remember the name, but it's the only one in town. You follow the river for a ways toward New Meadows then you see meadows. This is a scenic drive, our area is VERY green at this time.

And once again going out of McCall past Round Valley when you go into the canyon. Hwy 55 is wide enough and the turns are not as tight. McCall is beautiful this time of year, be prepared you may not want to leave.

Good luck traveling!
Thanks to all the input, we've decided to do the 95 to 55 to Boise. We'll be stopping in White Bird for a nite or two, just to enjoy the trip. I need to find that burger place in Riggins. Is Riggins near White Birds??

Old 03-18-2014, 12:12 PM

551 posts, read 804,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadylady View Post
Thanks to all the input, we've decided to do the 95 to 55 to Boise. We'll be stopping in White Bird for a nite or two, just to enjoy the trip. I need to find that burger place in Riggins. Is Riggins near White Birds??
That sounds like a very nice drive. Hopefully I'll be able to drive that route some day. Hope you have nice blue skies when you go on your trip.

The reason the dog is on the table and doesn't care about the bubble wrap is the other dog she shares the house with. The Malamute is about 10X bigger and the Shiba is terrified of it.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafretired View Post
That sounds like a very nice drive. Hopefully I'll be able to drive that route some day. Hope you have nice blue skies when you go on your trip.

The reason the dog is on the table and doesn't care about the bubble wrap is the other dog she shares the house with. The Malamute is about 10X bigger and the Shiba is terrified of it.
I thought maybe she was being wrapped up for the trip!

Old 03-18-2014, 05:10 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,680,248 times
Quote:
It's not too far, about 30 miles south of White Bird. Absolutely, there is a great burgers place in Riggins, we've stopped there several times. It is on the east side of 95 right in the middle of town, with a couple of outdoor tables. I've been trying to find our pictures to see if the name of the place is on them. I don't think it is the one called Riggins River Rock Cafe, but it may be the Back Eddy's Grill. They serve bison burgers, too.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
It's not too far, about 30 miles south of White Bird. Absolutely, there is a great burgers place in Riggins, we've stopped there several times. It is on the east side of 95 right in the middle of town, with a couple of outdoor tables. I've been trying to find our pictures to see if the name of the place is on them. I don't think it is the one called Riggins River Rock Cafe, but it may be the Back Eddy's Grill. They serve bison burgers, too.
When we pass thru there, it'll be early in the morning. Do they do breakfast, too?

Old 03-18-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
You will hit WhiteBird right after Grangeville. There are a few RV parks and 1 bar, most of the town is found there on any given day, it's a friendly little town.

Riggins has a park and hotels, plus eating places and it's just another 30 mins from WhiteBird, for a little more to do, not by much though.

I was just talking with my husband and he said if the grade coming down into WhiteBird doesn't scare your husband the rest of the trip will be easy. It is steep 7% grade, must have very good brakes. I put a link to the Idaho transportation below, it shows the grade.

Angel's Nook RV Park, Idaho RV Park, White Bird, White Water, Fishing, Hunting, rodeo, Rafting, Prospecting, Hiking, Biking, Johnson Creek Airport, Idaho Backcountry airport - Angel's Nook RV Park
Idaho Transportation Department - Low Bandwidth Web - US 95: Whitebird Hill

RV Parks and Campgrounds near White Bird, Idaho (ID): 22 Listed

Here's two good places to eat in Riggins, Idaho:

Hand-pattied burgers at River Rock Cafe in Riggins
Back Eddy Grill - Riggins | Urbanspoon

This one is in Grangeville if you like good margaritas and mexican food. This is my favorite place when we have time to sit.

Palenque Mexican Restaurant (W Main St) - Grangeville | Urbanspoon

Old 03-18-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You will hit WhiteBird right after Grangeville. There are a few RV parks and 1 bar, most of the town is found there on any given day, it's a friendly little town.

Riggins has a park and hotels, plus eating places and it's just another 30 mins from WhiteBird, for a little more to do, not by much though.

I was just talking with my husband and he said if the grade coming down into WhiteBird doesn't scare your husband the rest of the trip will be easy. It is steep 7% grade, must have very good brakes. I put a link to the Idaho transportation below, it shows the grade.

Angel's Nook RV Park, Idaho RV Park, White Bird, White Water, Fishing, Hunting, rodeo, Rafting, Prospecting, Hiking, Biking, Johnson Creek Airport, Idaho Backcountry airport - Angel's Nook RV Park
Idaho Transportation Department - Low Bandwidth Web - US 95: Whitebird Hill

RV Parks and Campgrounds near White Bird, Idaho (ID): 22 Listed

Here's two good places to eat in Riggins, Idaho:

Hand-pattied burgers at River Rock Cafe in Riggins
Back Eddy Grill - Riggins | Urbanspoon

This one is in Grangeville if you like good margaritas and mexican food. This is my favorite place when we have time to sit.

Palenque Mexican Restaurant (W Main St) - Grangeville | Urbanspoon
Thanks! There's a little campground with RV hook-ups, on the river at White Bird. We're going to stay there for two nites. Just because. I was looking for somewhere in the middle between Boise and Hayden that wasn't an RV Park.
I was just googling Back Eddy Grill. Sounds great for burgers and shakes. They don't serve breakfast. We'll probably be going thru Riggins before they open for lunch.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks! There's a little campground with RV hook-ups, on the river at White Bird. We're going to stay there for two nites. Just because. I was looking for somewhere in the middle between Boise and Hayden that wasn't an RV Park.
I was just googling Back Eddy Grill. Sounds great for burgers and shakes. They don't serve breakfast. We'll probably be going thru Riggins before they open for lunch.
Try this place for breakfast, it's been awhile since I eaten there. Looks like same owner and the time we eat it was really good.
Bert and Kate's Cattlemen's Family Restaurant, Riggins - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor
Other than that you will have to wait until New Meadows and there's a little diner there thats not bad.

Granite Mountain Cafe, New Meadows - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Yes, shepherds Have a safe trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho