Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2024, 01:17 PM

5,586 posts, read 5,022,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I get those once in a while. Sometimes there are two dollars!

I'm not a very useful Nielsen Family, tho... I haven't watched TV in a couple decades.... sure makes the survey easy to fill out.
One dollar earned and saved but won't get you far. Better than nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2024, 01:27 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,167,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
One dollar earned and saved but won't get you far. Better than nothing.
They get what they pay for.

Old 01-14-2024, 01:40 PM

5,586 posts, read 5,022,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
They get what they pay for.
That is correct.

Old 02-17-2024, 10:00 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
Just checked the Sandpoint Gold Hill webcam. Clear skies! Snow tomorrow. Hope you NID'ers aren't confused by the light up in the sky! It's called the Sun!

Old 02-17-2024, 10:23 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,774,697 times
It was pretty awesome yesterday too. Dogs were very happy to get out for a summertime-like walk. The cold kept people away so I was able to let them off leash, which they love. I'll be taking them to Farragut in a couple of hours when it "warms up" a bit more.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 02-17-2024, 11:32 AM

561 posts, read 438,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Just checked the Sandpoint Gold Hill webcam. Clear skies! Snow tomorrow. Hope you NID'ers aren't confused by the light up in the sky! It's called the Sun!
I'll take the clarity and sunshine, however, not enough snow is on the ground up here in boundary county so we're gonna have a busy fire season.

Old 02-23-2024, 09:55 AM

32,659 posts, read 48,079,532 times
Its still February and I got a call from New Leaf that my Tomcot tree has arrived, so I went to pick one out and get my name put on it. They put the trees in large pots and keep them in a greenhouse until it is time to plant them out. I'm told I am welcome to go around and visit my tree anytime I want.

I'm giving folks a heads-up because yesterday was the very first day that the trees were available and already the sold tags are popping up all over. They are calling all the people who requested specific trees, which is why the called me, and those people are all reserving their trees.

The selection of stone fruits is excellent. I was told that the apples and pears won't be out for viewing until next week, so I will be back next week to put my name on the pear tree that I want.

It's still winter so it is hard to think about planting fruit trees, but the best ones get sold out and there won't be much left to choose from if you wait until planting time. I've got fruit trees being shipped in bare root, that I ordered last year to be sure I would get them, but this apricot is a hard one to find. I've been on a waiting list for three years to get it.

Old 02-23-2024, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Its still February and I got a call from New Leaf that my Tomcot tree has arrived, so I went to pick one out and get my name put on it. They put the trees in large pots and keep them in a greenhouse until it is time to plant them out. I'm told I am welcome to go around and visit my tree anytime I want.

I'm giving folks a heads-up because yesterday was the very first day that the trees were available and already the sold tags are popping up all over. They are calling all the people who requested specific trees, which is why the called me, and those people are all reserving their trees.

The selection of stone fruits is excellent. I was told that the apples and pears won't be out for viewing until next week, so I will be back next week to put my name on the pear tree that I want.

It's still winter so it is hard to think about planting fruit trees, but the best ones get sold out and there won't be much left to choose from if you wait until planting time. I've got fruit trees being shipped in bare root, that I ordered last year to be sure I would get them, but this apricot is a hard one to find. I've been on a waiting list for three years to get it.
I guess we are going to miss out? Wasn't planning to plant until April.

Old 02-23-2024, 01:14 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
I guess we are going to miss out? Wasn't planning to plant until April.
Once the ground thaws, aid some holes and build some cold frames. They'll give you a good head-start if the spring proves to be slow-coming and/or cold.
If you want to get fancy, build some above ground elevated garden plots and use them for the cold frames.

Old 02-23-2024, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Once the ground thaws, aid some holes and build some cold frames. They'll give you a good head-start if the spring proves to be slow-coming and/or cold.
If you want to get fancy, build some above ground elevated garden plots and use them for the cold frames.
That's a great idea! Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho