Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:03 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Pretty hard to believe considering I see teenagers all the time here in my town and surrounding towns even though we have very large illegal populations.
Well considering I have about 20 years on you and have lived in 6 states, it isnt hard to believe at all!!!!!!!! I see teenagers as well hell I have three, just not working!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 03:05 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well considering I have about 20 years on you and have lived in 6 states, it isnt hard to believe at all!!!!!!!! I see teenagers as well hell I have three, just not working!!!!!!!!!
Your children couldn't get jobs because illegals work at fast food places? How can you prove they're illegal? I could probably get a job but my parents won't let me.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Your children couldn't get jobs because illegals work at fast food places? How can you prove they're illegal? I could probably get a job but my parents won't let me.
Yea, seems to be an issue in alot of places. And well because it was in states with high illegal populations and we need an interpreter to order the food, just a guess And my son thought he could "probably' get a job as well.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder
I wish illegals would stop picking pecans out of people's yards...

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

It has a lot to do with the illegal situation here. Illegal trespassing stealing other peoples property, disrespect etc, etc, criminal invasion by illegal aliens. etc etc.

How would you like for someone to come into your yard and help themselves to something you own?

Old 12-12-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yea, seems to be an issue in alot of places. And well because it was in states with high illegal populations and we need an interpreter to order the food, just a guess And my son thought he could "probably' get a job as well.

As shocking as this may seem to you, I have never dealt with an illegal who spoke no English. That wouldn't make any sense. In fact, I'm going to talk to my parents into letting me apply for a job at Best Buy, my friend got one.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
It has a lot to do with the illegal situation here. Illegal trespassing stealing other peoples property, disrespect etc, etc, criminal invasion by illegal aliens. etc etc.

How would you like for someone to come into your yard and help themselves to something you own?
It could be just anyone taking damn pecans off peoples yards.You don't know if they're illegal or not! I wouldn't really care, they can help them selves all they can. If only I had a vegetable garden in my front yard.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:13 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post

My sister lived in Rancho Cucamonga in CA and she had an apple tree and a lemon tree in the front yard. She told me one day a whole family of illegals got out of a pickup and starting taking her bounty!

Here you really have to get your pecans before they do...

Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
As shocking as this may seem to you, I have never dealt with an illegal who spoke no English. That wouldn't make any sense. In fact, I'm going to talk to my parents into letting me apply for a job at Best Buy, my friend got one.
If you don't get the job at Best Buy, maybe you could pick strawberries.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:16 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Prologic - obviously you have never had a garden. You are willing to dig it out, plant seeds and plants, water, thin-out, weed and generally baby the crops for months just so someone else can steal the 'pay-off' for your efforts? Maybe that says a lot..

Old 12-12-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
small world you live in! I have had to work around them for the past 10 years, have yet to meet an illegal that speaks ( willingly) English. Best Buy isnt fast food. Son applied at a total of 12 places that would work with his his college schedule, 5 were retailers. Finally got a job at Radio shack. Where he has been known to talk to the people that cant or wont speak English, in German. he seems to have fun with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration