U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
 
351 posts, read 395,510 times
Reputation: 176

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
You argued that the AZ law was a NEW law. I am pointing out that it IS a federal law already.
And you need to stop calling the law 1070... it's been modified and has a new number. (which I can't remember off hand)
States have the right to enforce federal law. However, our government wants to pick and choose which federal laws they want the states to enforce. It's perfectly fine for local LE to go after drug dealers and users (a Federal crime), but they can't touch illegals?
Total BS!
You have no idea what you are talking about.

1. Section 1325 deals with unlawful entry not unlawful presence.

2. Even if 1 were not true you seem blind to the rather obvious fact that no federal law creates a state crime.

3. Therefore, 1070 which is correct (the amendments have a hb number I can't recall of the top of my head to 1070) creates laws, penalties and enforcement beyond Federal law.

4. States have the authority to enforce Federal immigration when given consent from Congress. Which includes 287(g).

5. Read art 1 sec 8 of us constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
3,391 posts, read 4,105,244 times
Reputation: 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
It truly is an embarrassment.

I can't say for sure, but I think Arizona is a sovereign state.

They are showing their muscle by means necessary. I swear the federal gov't has some hidden agenda with illegal aliens.

Obama is inexperienced, and it really shows. He's nothing but a fast talker. Let this be your lesson when electing an inexperienced personnel to be the next president of the United States.
The only area he is inexperienced in is that of the rights of Americans. He knows fully well his agenda and it's not for the citizens of this country, it's for the ILLEGAL ALIENS.

He is a card carrying communist or marxist in my book and I can't stand him politically. I wish him nor his family ill, but I am swiftly realizing that he has an agenda, and that agenda is NOT what is best for the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
 
1,650 posts, read 3,373,499 times
Reputation: 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Hot Air » Hillary: Obama will sue Arizona over immigration-enforcement law Hillary Clinton lets slip Obama's possible direction regarding Arizona's new law.I hope this doesn't come to this as it would show what a deceiving Coward Obama is.Gov. Brewer Very Disappointed in Obama Snub, Vows to Beat Feds in Court Over Illegal Immigration Law - Greta Van Susteren | On The Record With Greta - FOXNews.com

To meet face to face with Arizona's Jan Brewer and to lie to Her and tell Her the Feds would work with Arizona and to sue the State for the Federal Government and Especially the Obama Adnm. not doing their jobs is absolutely shameful.
Hillary Clinton said the reason they are suing is that Obama thinks the Fed government should enforce immigration laws. Well, the Fed govt isn't doing a dang thing about immigration and is allowing America hating criminals into this country.

I wonder if Governor Brewer has thought to sue the Fed govt due to its lack of enforcement of the immigration laws and the border. She should sue the Federal government because its lack of enforcement is causing serious damage to this country. Americans have been killed by illegal immigrants and the Federal government seems to want these thugs here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 07:20 PM
 
364 posts, read 185,091 times
Reputation: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.

1. Section 1325 deals with unlawful entry not unlawful presence.

2. Even if 1 were not true you seem blind to the rather obvious fact that no federal law creates a state crime.

3. Therefore, 1070 which is correct (the amendments have a hb number I can't recall of the top of my head to 1070) creates laws, penalties and enforcement beyond Federal law.

4. States have the authority to enforce Federal immigration when given consent from Congress. Which includes 287(g).

5. Read art 1 sec 8 of us constitution.
many states have strongr laws
than tha feds
i am an american
i aint woried
baout 1070
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 PM
 
563 posts, read 443,543 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
You didn't address any of my other concerns. May I take it that you stipulate those as valid?

Immigration status may be checked at any "stop, detention, or arrest". It need not only be an arrest. Deportation hearings are generally civil matters and due process is typically waived in these matters.

If SB 1070 goes into effect it will create crimes for civil offenses, yet there will not be the protections of criminal proceedings.

The glaring objection from the 14th is equal protection.
Actually, I do not think they are valid. The laws and the constitution was written for the protection of the people of the USA. Not Cuba or Mexico or Haiti or any other country out there that is running a muck here in the USA illegally.

When it comes to our border or national security I don't see anything wrong with questioning anyong, even if it looks like profiling. Bottom line is if you have nothing to hide, then it should not be an issue. If someone looks Middle Eastern and are getting on a plane, I have no problem with LEO's looking more into who they are.

Same thing with Illegals.....they shouldn't be here to begin with. The lawyers that try to get hearings postponed because their client will be deported? They argue that they should be released because the arrest was not just.....doesn't matter that the scumbag is in the country illegally.

Just my view. I switched parties from Dem. to Rep. just to vote in the primaries. I was going to change to Ind., but would not be able to vote in the primaries. Rick Scott if and when elected already said the AZ law will come to Florida. I am a hugh Rick Scott fan now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 AM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,054 posts, read 5,047,801 times
Reputation: 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
You need to actually provide evidence for your fantastic, wild erroneous claims. The only thing you actually cited was the 14th Amendment which addresses Citizenship rights, Due Process, and Equal Protection.

I would suggest you follow your own advice. Here we'll start with the 14th Amendment from U.S. Constitution - Amendment 14 - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net



See I provided your "source" to prove your error. Again, I prefer to stick to the realm of facts.


You also avoid bringing all of the 14th Admenment to this, most likely because to make your point, you do not want the part about the person is not able to be a citizen IF they are the result of criminal activity. Coming to the USA illegally is a criminal act! If the child suffers because of the parents, oh well. The facts are they are not legal citizens because of the parents illegal act. Now what do you have to say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:36 AM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,054 posts, read 5,047,801 times
Reputation: 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
The only area he is inexperienced in is that of the rights of Americans. He knows fully well his agenda and it's not for the citizens of this country, it's for the ILLEGAL ALIENS.

He is a card carrying communist or marxist in my book and I can't stand him politically. I wish him nor his family ill, but I am swiftly realizing that he has an agenda, and that agenda is NOT what is best for the United States.

It will be better for the Nation if ill will does happen to obama in order to stop his unConstitutional agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 AM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,054 posts, read 5,047,801 times
Reputation: 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
I agree and His inept supporters only have either the Race Card to play or their standard go to excuse " It's all Bush's Fault". What an F en joke. He should be impeached and tried for treason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 AM
 
Location: Northern Wi
1,530 posts, read 1,300,326 times
Reputation: 420
The federal government never went after Missouri when they passed their laws.

American Thinker Blog: Why sue Arizona and not Missouri?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 AM
 
351 posts, read 395,510 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Actually, I do not think they are valid. The laws and the constitution was written for the protection of the people of the USA. Not Cuba or Mexico or Haiti or any other country out there that is running a muck here in the USA illegally.

When it comes to our border or national security I don't see anything wrong with questioning anyong, even if it looks like profiling. Bottom line is if you have nothing to hide, then it should not be an issue. If someone looks Middle Eastern and are getting on a plane, I have no problem with LEO's looking more into who they are.

Same thing with Illegals.....they shouldn't be here to begin with. The lawyers that try to get hearings postponed because their client will be deported? They argue that they should be released because the arrest was not just.....doesn't matter that the scumbag is in the country illegally.

Just my view. I switched parties from Dem. to Rep. just to vote in the primaries. I was going to change to Ind., but would not be able to vote in the primaries. Rick Scott if and when elected already said the AZ law will come to Florida. I am a hugh Rick Scott fan now.
Can you present your reasons why you believe federal preemption to be invalid? It is well documented.

I do not buy the "nothing to hide" line. Innocent people are convicted of crimes and put to death by the state. Leaving that aside, there are privacy concerns for citizens and resident aliens.

You can not pass this law and magically have it only impact undocumented migrants. All statuses will be effected.

Of course, when talking about Constitutional protections, they apply to all persons in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top