Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 02:25 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
Do you always do this? Make up your own info? You said I didn't include all the 14th Amendment when I clearly had and are again claiming I'm doing something I'm not.

You are inventing your own reality.

Your 1st post on the topic

Just so we are clear. You asserted that the 14th Amendment prohibits children from being citizens based on the 14th Amendment. Right?

I then quoted the entirety of the 14th Amendment 2X.

The relevant portion about citizenship is Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

That is the entirety of the citizenship clause. I've left out the rest of sec 1 because I've already quoted it.

You are focused on Section. 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

I wish I had your creative flair.

This section does not modify Section 1. It deals with Congressional Representation. It modified the horrid 3/5 rule and ensured that representation would be divided among all the population (excluding Indians nontaxed). Further, it included language to punish those states that did not let all males aged 21 or older vote by reducing their population accordingly.

The specific provision you wrote about denies the right to vote on a state provisioned basis for felonies.

Let's be clear. Section 2 has nothing whatsoever to do with Section 1. The only 14th Amendment language dealing with citizenship is Section 1 and it gives citizenship to everyone born within US jurisdiction.

here you go;
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Do you not see that they get due process of law? And guess what? that line without due process of law is the open area we can deport the anchor babies too. Why? Because their parent/parents committed a felony when they came here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 03:36 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times

YouTube - Brewer to Obama: Warning Signs Are Not Enough Jan Brewer's message to the Cowardly TRAITOR Obama..." Do Your JOB ". It's a sad day in America, when the President lies in the Face of a US Governor and promises that He and the Feds will work with Arizona and then backstabs this Woman ( Jan Brewer ) in the back. What a Coward,Traitor Obama is when He refuses to work with Arizona's Citizens. Instead He chooses to undermine US Sovereignity and sides with Criminal Illegal Aliens.

Time for this Traitor to be Impeached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration