Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 PM

40 posts, read 41,101 times

Advertisements

I've heard all the cries - racism, ****ty jobs, this was our land, shes a good mother of 6, we are all immigrants....

My question for you. Truly. Answer with honesty.

What is your end game reason for supporting illegal immigration?

Thats all I want to know. Why do you support it?

Please dont get political on me with different angles of reasoning. Immigration reform hasnt worked. Amnesty hasnt worked and many illegal immigrants are JUICING our resources. The cost is in the BILLIONS per year. These arent politics, these are facts.

Since none of the above can be disputed I want to know your reason to support illegal immigration. Your real reason.

Why would I ask this? I ask because as hard as I try to have sympathy with illegals (well the hard working ones atleast) I cant get one spit of information that makes me feel like we should pull off the gas pedal on this immigration issue. I havent heard one pro-illegal speak that has made me think. I'm very open minded. I've explained my background in other posts. You cant classify me as a racist or intolerant. I've got Cherokee blood in me and my soon to be wife is a legal Taiwanese immigrant.

Please help me understand. I'm ready to hear something of worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 12:40 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
This question has been asked a thousand times, and I'd like a reasoned response myself. I'd have more respect for someone if he simply admitted that he supports an open border policy, but no one has admitted that; to me, anyway. From what I can tell, the support for illegals is based on race and socioeconomic status - nothing more. "They're poor brown people, so I must support them," seems to be the only thing that rings true. That's where it begins, and the denial and rationalization flows from there.

To those who support illegal immigration, what laws will you support me in breaking? If I get a group of people together and organize a march against speed limit laws, will you march with me? Yes we can?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 PM

It's really tough to get a straight answer on this.

I've tried really hard to understand the constitutional angle. That this makes people feel uncomfortable. I just cant get my mind past the crime and juicing of our system to even start to feel sympathy.

I watched a video of a kid "born in Fresno" that didnt speak English and was pulled over for a cracked windshield in AZ. They asked for his I.D - he only had his truckers permit, they asked him where he was from, he said AZ but his mother lives in Mexico. After not being able to obtain any more information on him he was taken in. His girlfriend later provided his Fresno birth certificate. Interesting being born in Fresno and not being able to speak English by the age your able to drive a big rig truck...but hey, lets call it the beauty of America for a minute. Do I feel bad for his guy... actually yes. Do I think this one case and maybe 10 more like it equate to the millions of illegals juicing our system and spitting on our laws. Nope. Not anymore at least. Maybe before I saw them rallying burning the American flag - talking about taking over the state I was born in and doing everything they can to take advantage of our country and people I no longer have sympathy.

P.S - I've been in an accident with 2 illegals that used Mexico as a scapegoat on where they were headed and the reason they couldnt afford to pay for all of the damages caused to my car. "I have 700 and I leave for Mexico tomorrow. I can give it to you or take it with me" - knowing he owed me 1200 for the damages.

I need an example of a better person than that to make me feel sympathy again. Kill me with displays of honest illegals making this country better. Make my heart hurt I feel so ignorant to the truth.

or just call me a Nazi.

Last edited by OnePeople; 06-25-2010 at 01:19 PM..

Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,343 times
I think the people who are pro-illegal aliens are doing for the people, not the laws and the whole nine yards. This crosses beyond reasonable judgment where it is unlawful to be here if you aren't supposed to be. Who are they? Liberals.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:09 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
I've never met anybody who was "pro-illegal immigration."

That's probably why you get so few answers to questions like this.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM

364 posts, read 496,835 times
Good luck getting a response. I don't think anyone, or at least very few people, are pro-illegal immigration or open borders.

You're asking the wrong questions. You need to address specific issues to attempt to obtain reasonable answers.

Example: Why do you support leaving water in the desert for migrants?

Because many die in the desert and I value life. It isn't an encouragement to break the law, but an admission of reality.

That is a short answer to a specific question.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post
Good luck getting a response. I don't think anyone, or at least very few people, are pro-illegal immigration or open borders.
That's no different than claiming you'll support me in ignoring the speed limit laws, but you don't support abolishing the speed limit. Makes no sense. If you support the activity of entering the country unchecked, then you support an open border policy.

Quote:
You're asking the wrong questions. You need to address specific issues to attempt to obtain reasonable answers.

Because many die in the desert and I value life. It isn't an encouragement to break the law, but an admission of reality.

I also support life giving hydration for those on death row. That doesn't mean I support the activity of murder.

Claiming the OP is asking the wrong question is a weasel move. Answer the question as asked.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwowie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I've never met anybody who was "pro-illegal immigration."

That's probably why you get so few answers to questions like this.

Sorry guys, that very much is the end game question that needs to be answered. There isnt an argument out there against AZ that doesnt lead to support of illegals. What is Amnesty? Why is Obama trying to use homeland security to give illegals "parole" status as a way of Amnesty?

Every angle there is tracks right back up to illegal support.

Example -

Leaving water for illegals is helping them be illegal. I need to know why the sympathy for illegals when in many cases that sympathy trumps what is given to U.S citizens.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
That's no different than claiming you'll support me in ignoring the speed limit laws, but you don't support abolishing the speed limit. Makes no sense. If you support the activity of entering the country unchecked, then you support an open border policy.

I also support life giving hydration for those on death row. That doesn't mean I support the activity of murder.

Claiming the OP is asking the wrong question is a weasel move. Answer the question as asked.
False equivocation.

If you're speeding and get into an accident I would do what I can to help you recover and make sure you are OK. It doesn't follow that I supported your speeding.

Trying to prevent people from dying is not supporting entry. It is....drumroll....trying to preserve life.

It is a meaningless question to me. I don't and very few others advocate open borders or illegal immigration.

So, if I must answer the question as asked the answer is I don't. The problem is that if the OP is actually seeking understanding or to learn something, then s/he needs to ask better questions.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePeople View Post
Sorry guys, that very much is the end game question that needs to be answered. There isnt an argument out there against AZ that doesnt lead to support of illegals. What is Amnesty? Why is Obama trying to use homeland security to give illegals "parole" status as a way of Amnesty?

Every angle there is tracks right back up to illegal support.

Example -

Leaving water for illegals is helping them be illegal. I need to know why the sympathy for illegals when in many cases that sympathy trumps what is given to U.S citizens.
Are you suggesting that I wouldn't give a dehydrated resident alien or citizen water? That is absurd.

Amnesty isn't being offered. It shows a lack of critical thinking to concern oneself with a nonexistent EO with respect amnesty.

Do you suggest we let migrants die a horrible death?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration