Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That's fine but in your heart you know what I said is true. Hispanics are not the only compassionate group on the face of the earth so there has to be another part of the equasion and it is what I explained to you. There can be no other explanation for it. I don't see any other ethnic group in this country banding together on this issue like Hispanics are doing, screaming racial profiling and screaming racism against non-hispanic Americans for opposing CIR that includes allowing these illegals to remain here. It isn't just a coincidence that the overwhelming majority of illegals are of their like ethnicity. We weren't born yesterday.
In my heart I view the situation from a totally different lens than you do. Trust me on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 02:32 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,799,846 times
This time around, the biggest change in the coming civil war will surely be the improved weaponry.
"Those who fail to see (and heed) the lessons of history, are bound to repeat those lessons".

Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808s View Post
OK, while we all have our feelings and thoughts on illegal immigration I'll tell you why SB 1070 is not a good law to have. Let's put the politics aside for a second and think about the resources we have first. I'll only say this once, RESOURCES ARE SCARCE!!!

Obviously we have limited numbers of policemen or immigration and customs enforcement agents. Keeping that in mind the first thing we must do in order to handle this problem is the SECURE THE BORDER FIRST!!! By going after the illegals you have now, for every illegal you deport, another one will simply take their place. Think about it, if you were to accidentally gash your wrist, do you put a band-aid on the wound?

Once you have the borders secure, THEN deport the illegal immigrants we currently have in our prisons. In my opinion those are the ones who are getting free meals and a roof over their heads at the expense of the taxpayer. After all, we spend somewhere around $25-50K per prisoner in our system.

As for the illegals who are not in our prisons, we can work something out. One solution I have would be to make all illegal able-bodied males (ages 18-28) complete a two-year compulsory service in our military. That way they contribute something to the country and in due time they will learn English. In return we'll give them the eligibility to apply for a green card. Frankly I think EVERYONE in this country should give two years of service to the military when they are of age.

Anyway, that's my take on SB1070 and the illegal immigration issue at-large. Feel free to ask me any questions or give some constructive ideas, because in my opinion, getting angry at something will not help, doing something does.

We already have the resources to enforce our existing laws. If enforced, illegals will self-deport. In the meantime, illegals, terrorists, and sundry miscreants continue to enter our country on a daily basis, because our government lacks the will to secure our borders.

I am not willing to compromise with illegal aliens. They have not earned that right.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
This time around, the biggest change in the coming civil war will surely be the improved weaponry.
"Those who fail to see (and heed) the lessons of history, are bound to repeat those lessons".
I have been in two countries where law and order broke down and civil war reigned. The fact that you proudly proclaim the coming of the next civil war is conclusive proof that you've never been in that situation. Armchair rabble rouser is what you are. Believe me, you don't want to be in a country that is experiencing a civil war. If you had, you'd never wish that outcome on your family, your friends or your country.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
In my heart I view the situation from a totally different lens than you do. Trust me on that.
One can't form a different opinon when the facts to the contary are staring them right in the face. If they do then they had better get their lenses fixed because they are defective. I don't use my heart on these types of issues, I use my head. You might want to try it. If one is really using their heart their heart would be with their fellow Americans who are suffering the brunt of this illegal invasion not foreign invaders and their ethnocentric supporters.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
I have been in two countries where law and order broke down and civil war reigned. The fact that you proudly proclaim the coming of the next civil war is conclusive proof that you've never been in that situation. Armchair rabble rouser is what you are. Believe me, you don't want to be in a country that is experiencing a civil war. If you had, you'd never wish that outcome on your family, your friends or your country.
I don't advocate violence however in certain situations it is a necessary evil and this may be one of them. What is the alternative? Continue to have our country overun with illegal aliens sucking us dry, turning us into a third world country, diminishing our culture and heritage and make lawlessness the rule of the land? No thanks! A civil war would be a better alternative. At least when the dusts settles perhaps we would be able take our country back.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Default DOJ's version

Citing Conflict with Federal Law, Department of Justice Challenges Arizona Immigration Law

Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damie View Post
You all kind of remind me of the PUMAs during the Democratic Primaries. Hardcore to the core for Hillary. They swore their would be retribution in the aftermath of Hillary's defeat. Swore that there was a storm on the horizon.

And then the elections came. LOL. There is a difference between zeal and numbers. And I think you all believe because you are loud, you are many. And I don't think you are.

Obama (just like every politician left or right, with any common sense) is poised to make his case to the middle (who he CAN sway) and the left (who will vote for him to avoid getting someone from the right). He can afford to **** off the right fringe because they were never going to vote for him anyway. You all however, cannot win if you do not expand your base... and you are *****ing away yet another growing demographic. Good luck with that.
Total Fail !!!!! Obama in the middle??? What a JOKE. Obama is a TOTAL LEFTIST.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:50 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Because the Hispanic population want a solution to the illegal immigration situation via comprehensive immigration reform. They don't want every itinerint 5th cousin coming to America trying to leach off their family no more than you do. The impression Hispanics have is that the hard line republicans want all illegals to immediately be deported back to their homeland and oppose any rational immigration reform. They will unite against this hard line inhumane mentality. Not because they are ethnocentric and want to retake the western Us back for Mexico as some would claim.
So what are you saying? They want special treatment and are more deserving then the rest of the world? Too bad. They need to get the F out and go back. Not the USA's problem.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:58 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
obama to challenge arizona immigration law - total buzz : The orange county register

with millions of americans out of work the great hispandering traitor obama is siding with criminal illegal alien parasites and is going to sue arizona!!!!

Time to impeach this traitor now !!!!

Impeach obama for treason and not upholding the law and sovereignity of the usa !!!!
sue obama.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration