Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 08:38 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times

Advertisements

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-10317-San-Diego-County-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m7d24-Los-Zetas-drug-cartel-takes-control-2-US-ranches-in-Texas

Two sources inside the Laredo Police Department confirmed the incident is unfolding and they would continue to coordinate with U.S. Border Patrol today. “We consider this an act of war,” said one police officer on the ground near the scene. There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Guess we all can wait and see if this is true or not.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
This is the funnest thread I've read in a long time but it's scary sad too, how quickly people are willing to believe rumors off the internet.
If our borders weren’t wide open, and if Mexican drug cartels didn’t already have a stronghold in our major cities, and if bodies weren’t being discovered in mass graves on the Mexico side of the border, I’m sure this story wouldn’t have been so believable. Thankfully, it didn’t happen, but it isn’t farfetched.

Mexico's Drug War : Pictures, Videos, Breaking News

Quote:
Mexican authorities found 55 bodies inside a mine ventilation shaft that was used as a mass grave in the city of Taxco, officials said Monday.

Bodies were first discovered in the mine shaft a week ago, and Monday's announcement concluded the weeklong recovery effort.
Mexican authorities recover 55 bodies from mine shaft - CNN.com

Quote:
(Reuters) - U.S. law enforcement agencies arrested 303 people in 19 states over the past two days in the largest strike against a major Mexican drug trafficking cartel in the United States, officials said on Thursday.
U.S. arrests 300 in raids on Mexican drug cartel | Reuters

Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If you had read my post I said clearly, if this is in fact true.

I know where you stand on this issue either way so you wont even have to explain it.

If it becomes true then you will find excuses to protect Obama from not doing his job and if it comes out not to be true you will be right here waiting.
In the post just before yours I offered a public apology if the "story" turns out to be true.

If it is not, then the editors of the Cypress Times are liars and everyone who accepted such BS as fact at rote and repeated it stands with them.

That's where I stand. Call the Webb County sheriff and ask him. I posted the number a while ago.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In the post just before yours I offered a public apology if the "story" turns out to be true.

Good enough for me!

If it is not, then the editors of the Cypress Times are liars and everyone who accepted such BS as fact at rote and repeated it stands with them.

I also agree.

That's where I stand. Call the Webb County sheriff and ask him. I posted the number a while ago.
I wont call the Sheriff, they have better things to do then answer phones of people asking questions.

Guess we will wait and see if this gets confirmed by someone.

Even with the sources saying this info is coming within the local PD, we need to wait and see if someone in authority can confirm.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:47 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-10317-San-Diego-County-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m7d24-Los-Zetas-drug-cartel-takes-control-2-US-ranches-in-Texas

Two sources inside the Laredo Police Department confirmed the incident is unfolding and they would continue to coordinate with U.S. Border Patrol today. “We consider this an act of war,” said one police officer on the ground near the scene. There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Guess we all can wait and see if this is true or not.
The Buzz-Examiner is another blog that picked the story up from The Cypress Times, not a newsgathering organization.

Before you find it and waste any more time, the New Patriot Journal and Weasel Zippers also have articles up.

The whole thing is fabrication and utter BullSquat, in other words a baldfaced lie.

I'm going to bed. Type real loud and wake me up if anything happens.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Buzz-Examiner is another blog that picked the story up from The Cypress Times, not a newsgathering organization.

Before you find it and waste any more time, the New Patriot Journal and Weasel Zippers also have articles up.

The whole thing is fabrication and utter BullSquat, in other words a baldfaced lie.

I'm going to bed. Type real loud and wake me up if anything happens.

Set your phone for the Drudge update and alerts, it will wake you up if anything happens.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:58 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Earlier, I checked out the OP's initial post and the link. I thought it odd it was reported by an anonymous 'reporter' on that site, Cypress Times. That is an online Christian newspaper. Go look to the tab under Mission Statement. This 'newspaper' accepts stories from anyone anywhere.

I followed the links the anonymous 'reporter' on Cypress News referenced. One was the Houston Chronicle and the other was Borderland Beat. Neither said that there was any gunfire on the American side or that American ranches had been seized, occupied, or occupants evacuating. The anti-Mexican blog site, Digger Relm picked up on it and wrote the story that the anonymous writer posted on the Christian newspaper site.

After that I went to the Larado, TX newspaper. It reported on the cartel battle in Nuevo Larado, but there was nothing that had happened on the American side of the border. That story also reported that the Larado PD had been inundated by calls from across the U.S.

I feel for the innocent people on both sides of the border. We all can guess how heinous these cartel members can be. Innocent people are being terrorized and killed when they are in the path of this drug cartel war. I would hope that rather than spread lies you would pray for the innocent people onBOTH sides of the border.

You know, if people would slow down and check some sources they might discern lies from real news. I think the Mexican haters are not interested in truth. They are interested in confirming that the big, bad, brown, boogy-man is coming for you. Their ignorance and lack of logic coupled with xenophobia has turned into hysteria.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Earlier, I checked out the OP's initial post and the link. I thought it odd it was reported by an anonymous 'reporter' on that site, Cypress Times. That is an online Christian newspaper. Go look to the tab under Mission Statement. This 'newspaper' accepts stories from anyone anywhere.

I followed the links the anonymous 'reporter' on Cypress News referenced. One was the Houston Chronicle and the other was Borderland Beat. Neither said that there was any gunfire on the American side or that American ranches had been seized, occupied, or occupants evacuating. The anti-Mexican blog site, Digger Relm picked up on it and wrote the story that the anonymous writer posted on the Christian newspaper site.

After that I went to the Larado, TX newspaper. It reported on the cartel battle in Nuevo Larado, but there was nothing that had happened on the American side of the border. That story also reported that the Larado PD had been inundated by calls from across the U.S.

I feel for the innocent people on both sides of the border. We all can guess how heinous these cartel members can be. Innocent people are being terrorized and killed when they are in the path of this drug cartel war. I would hope that rather than spread lies you would pray for the innocent people onBOTH sides of the border.

You know, if people would slow down and check some sources they might discern lies from real news. I think the Mexican haters are not interested in truth. They are interested in confirming that the big, bad, brown, boogy-man is coming for you. Their ignorance and lack of logic coupled with xenophobia has turned into hysteria.
It isn't fear of the big, bad, brown boogy-man coming but fear of the drug cartels regardless of the color of their skin. Why is the word "xenophobia" used in the illegal immigration argument anyway? Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. We have been a diverse nation racially and ethnically since this country's founding. Just what group are strangers to this country?

Old 07-24-2010, 09:34 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It isn't fear of the big, bad, brown boogy-man coming but fear of the drug cartels regardless of the color of their skin. Why is the word "xenophobia" used in the illegal immigration argument anyway? Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. We have been a diverse nation racially and ethnically since this country's founding. Just what group are strangers to this country?
And still not one bit of remorse for the spread of lies. Only excuses and deflection. How cowardly of anyone to not be able to admit they have participated in the spread of lies-----lies that further their agenda.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:49 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Dont know if this has been posted already, but

Los Zetas Drug Cartel Seizes Ranches In Texas Not True? Well……. » Right Pundits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration